Friends Finding Out..

Im writing this in reflection to this thread :

http://www.hhplace.o...-of-your-heels/

I dont want to much-up a thread for everyone so Ill gab here :D

For the second time this year, Im kinds immobile. Had another surgery ( Im doing fine! No thoughts or prayers needed ;) ) and they fixed me all up.

The problem is, being stuck at home with absolutely NOTHING to do. Climbing the walls, watching infomercials becoming the entertainment of the day.. to sound like someone over the pond.. Its BLOODY AWEFUL!

Darian pulled one of those ' heres your sign ' things/jokes on me. ' Instead of sitting around all day because you cant go anywhere, why not be productive. Have one of the guys in ohio bring up some gear and do some recording here or invite some people over or something.. you dont have to sit around doing absolutely nothing like a bump on a log '. I then watched one of the nicest rear ends walk out the door to go to work.. ( did I really just type that? ).. ( Its true!!! I swear it is!!! )

DUH! Why didnt I think of inviting some folks over.. ( Im still thinking about.. nevermind.. ) For the last week, the thought never crossed my mind.

One of the guys brought me some of my recording stuff from the studio and helped me set it all up.

I called a friend and she asked her sister and her boyfriend to tag along ( Ive met them both before, great couple! ) and we could order some food..

They stopped over, we gabbed, had Chinese food delivered and had some laughs. The guy ( david ) heard I played guitar and did studio work.. So I asked them ' Want to see how things are recorded? I have a small studio setup.. '.

It took me a while to get upstairs. Im using our ' storage room ' as I call it for recording. Its a 16x20foot room that we use for ' closet space '. Its not the tidiest room of the house.

David was pretty surprised at all the equipment I had setup and looked around the rest of the room and stated ' Does Darian know how to put her shoes away? ' as theres a bunch of shoes laying about. I cant really bend over presently so Ive been just kicking off my shoes and grabbing a pair from off a holder on the back of the entrance door.

I then explained to him ' those are my shoes, you know Im prone to liking a vertical escalation once in a while '.

" Yeah, That pair of black shoes are the ones you wore to the bar that one night.. What other ones are yours? "

' all of them.. '

" Dude.. theres like.. Seriously, ALL of them?!?! You have more shoes then her! " and he pointed at the sister ( soon to be wife ).

So.. My friend ( not the couple ) decided to make a challenge. " Lets all bet 5$ on how many pairs of shoes he has! ".

I wanted company, not to be the entertainment :D, but this works.

So.. after sorting out stacks of boxes of what was mine and what was Dar's , they all under-guessed by a pretty large number. If the boots, booties and flats were subtracted, they were in the ballpark.

They thought I bought all of these for myself on my own and didnt realize that 80 or so pairs were from someone whos no longer in my life and were left behind along with 3 closets of nicer clothes.

Dar arrived home after the tally was done and added ' Did you count the shoes in the rack in your closet in the bedroom too? '. OOPS, forgot about those.. and the ones in the front foyer..

The sister laughed at the response and added ' Its too bad he doesnt wear the same size as you, you would have one hell of a selection to choose from! '

Dar had to inform her that we wear the same size in just about everything and often grab each others sneakers/uggs/coats ( or whatever ). " Its one of the reasons were getting married! If we ever do get divorced I can go for the house, the cars AND the clothes ".

David laughed and stated ' I dont even know what to say about that. Its bad enough they get everything anyway.. but now, literally, the clothes off your back.. Your screwed guy! '.

We hung out for about 2 hours after that and after they left, I asked Dar if she would ever be so mean as to take everything, including my clothes that fit her..

She smiled, winked and said ' dont ever find out '.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

• 1 month later...

I'm just like you. Gotta wear high heels when playing in a band!

Im not in a ' band ' so to say, just a group of studio musicians that get together and play a gig every now and then. Its usually at a charity event as 4 of the 5 of us dont like playing out anymore. Its a LOT of work.

I might wear heels when playing a gig.. I might not.. just depends on how I feel ( just like any other day of the week ). One gig might have me in my favorite wedge booties, the next might be ratted out jeans and a pair of sneakers. Theres no real ' standard ' to what I wear. The only thing consistent are the brand of guitars and amps I use. :D

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Love it and you had a good time to cheer you up.

"vertical escalation" Clever.

I think you two are going to have just as much fun married! :love: and we need to see the pictures.

Al

Suppose I better do the same :winkiss:

• 5 weeks later...

Well the above has been done. Tomorrow I start a new job with new people to meet and a new future I'm sure there will be tales to tell. Al