Heels In The Snow

Curt

I tried it once years ago wearing my 4" black patent stilleto courts. I was surprised how quickly the cold came through to my feet (it seemed so obvious afterwards) but seeing my footprints in the snow was a very lovely feeling.

If you like it, wear it.

Never! No heels in the snow, no heels in the rain, to paraphrase the late Johnny Cochran, "If the streets ain't dry, then my heels ain't high!" That's my motto and I live by it.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Heels in snow, of course. I'm not hanging up my heels just because of a little snow.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I'd say pumps or spikes would not be the best idea, but I have a couple pairs of wedges and a chunky heel pair of rubber boots that should be fine in the snow. Am hoping to find out this winter.

(formerly known as "JimC")

Other then the fact that most snow in a parking lot or around a roadway is treated with salt which really messes up a leather shoe/boot, stiletto heeled boots in snow work fairly well. The stiletto heel punches through the show/ice to the pavement and gives a firm footing. Keep your shoes/boots well polished if your going out in wet conditions.

Never! No heels in the snow, no heels in the rain, to paraphrase the late Johnny Cochran, "If the streets ain't dry, then my heels ain't high!" That's my motto and I live by it.

This really isn't bad advice.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

This reminds me of the movie: the holiday. Remember when Cameron Diaz was walking in the deep snow with tall stilletos and tight dress pants on. I would love to have that much high class attitude. Cool!!

These would be appropriate, as the snow won't ruin them:

Posted Image

Now THOSE boots I'd wear in the snow, gladly! Especially with tight jeans tucked into them!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I agree. What's the brand? Anybody know where to get them in the US? Do they come in US Women's 12M?

Steve

These boots are from Hunter, maker of the world famous "wellies". I have a pair of their regular wellies in womens' 10. Those boots are available in men's sizes as well but they would likely be too big on me. I got them on ebay for less than half price and since they fit perfectly I'm not complaining. Those run big, but with these heels I can't really say how big they will be. I wear 9.5 mens size athletic shoes and usually can wear womens' 11 boots/clogs. You might give the 10's a try, if they are in fact larger like their other boots.

That model is from last season. My pair came from a Nordstrom Rack, but you can find them at 6pm still.

http://www.6pm.com/hunter-womens-shoes~9#!/hunter-women-boots/CK_XARCz1wFSAp4OwAEB4gIEGAEKAg.zso

They are not cheap, but they are comfortable. Spent a bit of time in mine while in Chicago. They only seem to come up to a womens 10, although the inside of the boot is marked mens 9.

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 3 weeks later...

Last winter I bought a pair of Payless boots that had a rather narrow (1"x1") heel. Wore the for a week in the snow in Anchorage Alaska. The only time I had issues was coming inside with still a bit of snow on the bottom of the boot then hitting a hard floor like tile, then I had to be very careful about slipping or twisting an ankle... But there is a certain amount of satisfaction when you can heel in snow! Tightlevisandhhboots

Yes of course I wear boots in snow, I have snow 5 months of the year where I am.

It really depends on the temprature as -15c / 3f is quite a different story than -1c / 30f.

Those Hunter rain boots are only in size 10 womens, I tried them but they were narrow.

However there are some new heeled boots in the Nordstroms winter boot selection, could be

some there to think about.

Again wearing a stilletto is not practical but a heeled boot like the new,

Sorel 'Medina' Rain Boot (Women)

on the womens winter boot menu of Nordstroms will be just right. They also have bigger sizes than

the Hunter rain boots. Hmm.....might be a good buy.....

There also a line of warm heeled boots by La Canadien from Montreal and Blondo. I have seen

Blondo in ski areas in the USA and they are fully heeled winter boots......like those are the ones I want for

tromping around in the snow!

Snow is just one more medium for wearing boots!

Mtnsofheels

• 2 months later...

hi, I have not worn heels in the snow yet. I think the best ones to try would be my ankle boots with 6,5 cm. heels. In fact I don't expect the heels to cause any problems. I have more concerns for the slippery soles, because they have hardly any profile. For the same reason I did not try any of my other heels in the snow.

• 3 weeks later...

Rockpup, I just bought a pair of those Cole Haan wedge boots at an incredible post-xmas discount. We just got our fist snowfall of the year and you are absolutely right - they are great in the snow. Booted

I've had quite a bit of opportunity to walk on snow and/or ice as of late, as we got a foot of wet, heavy snow here a week and a half ago. I can say that the trickiest part is when you come out of the snow, and into a store with an asphalt tile floor. Or walking into your garage with a smooth concrete surface. Watch out! You will wind up on your backside before you even know what is happening. I'm not embarrassed to wear heels in public, but I think I might well die of embarrassment if I fell down while wearing heels. After all, that's the first thing one does in such a situation, right? To look around to see if anyone saw? HA! I really jinxed myself, I think. Just after I wrote the last reply, I walked into a Kohl's, and just as soon as I hit the polished tile, I darn near landed on my backside. I had to back up and do a second wipe of the feet on the entrance mat. I really jinxed myself, I think. Just after I wrote the last reply, I walked into a Kohl's, and just as soon as I hit the polished tile, I darn near landed on my backside. I had to back up and do a second wipe of the feet on the entrance mat.