Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pumpcat

Heels In The Snow

56 posts in this topic

Anybody wear heels in the snow. I would like to try but we don't get much snow in toronto anymore. But its real hot in the summer. Not too hot for 4" heel boots!

I tried it once years ago wearing my 4" black patent stilleto courts. I was surprised how quickly the cold came through to my feet (it seemed so obvious afterwards) but seeing my footprints in the snow was a very lovely feeling.

Never! No heels in the snow, no heels in the rain, to paraphrase the late Johnny Cochran, "If the streets ain't dry, then my heels ain't high!" That's my motto and I live by it.

Heels in snow, of course. I'm not hanging up my heels just because of a little snow.

I'd say pumps or spikes would not be the best idea, but I have a couple pairs of wedges and a chunky heel pair of rubber boots that should be fine in the snow. Am hoping to find out this winter.

Low heels yes - 3 inch stacked heels. Not in ice, though. Flat boots then. Steve

Not much snow here, but I had to when I was in holidays in Japan. I was wearing Skechers Mesa ankle boots and I had no issue at all.

Other then the fact that most snow in a parking lot or around a roadway is treated with salt which really messes up a leather shoe/boot, stiletto heeled boots in snow work fairly well. The stiletto heel punches through the show/ice to the pavement and gives a firm footing. Keep your shoes/boots well polished if your going out in wet conditions.

Never! No heels in the snow, no heels in the rain, to paraphrase the late Johnny Cochran, "If the streets ain't dry, then my heels ain't high!" That's my motto and I live by it.

This really isn't bad advice.

This reminds me of the movie: the holiday. Remember when Cameron Diaz was walking in the deep snow with tall stilletos and tight dress pants on. I would love to have that much high class attitude. Cool!!

This really isn't bad advice.

Hey! I'm all about dispensing quality advice! :silly:

These would be appropriate, as the snow won't ruin them:

Posted Image

Since it rarely snows anymore (nor rains much either) I think I will pass. I have a pair of regular wellies I haven't worn in ages.

Blueparrot: Thats exactly what I had in mind :) They also work well down here in Florida, where currently things are a bit flooded due to Issac.

These would be appropriate, as the snow won't ruin them:

Posted Image

Now THOSE boots I'd wear in the snow, gladly! Especially with tight jeans tucked into them!

I agree. What's the brand? Anybody know where to get them in the US? Do they come in US Women's 12M? Steve