Builtup High Heel

marit

hi, everyone. i have a leg length discrepancy. my left leg is four cm shorter than my right leg. i love to wear high heels. does anyone know how what the maximum heelhight is to built up with four cm? my shoemaker says it is impossible built up heels higher than five cm...hope something to hear from you....kiss marit

It appears like you are getting nowhere in trying to accomodate your leg length discrepancy and I am sorry about that. Your shoemaker is probably correct, but you may have to contact a manufacturer that has platforms and with heels up to 8 or 9 inches and see if they would be willing to sell you a few that you could furnish to your shoemaker. E

Got a bit of an idea here. For some time I have had an admiration for leg braces and especially for girls and as a bit of an engineer I have also considered hidden ankle braces. Now for someone with no problems of weak ankle but why a brace or hidden brace occures to me is that one could have a really high platform and the internal bracing would only be used to prevent injury in the event of a miss step. Possibly the reason that a cobler would say no higher than this is to keep from getting sued for malpractice. The idea of a hidden brace would only work for a boot nearly knee high so lets say mid calf would give the possible fractured tibia in the event of a miss step. One reason that I have not gotten serrious with the hidden brace and for a while I knew a girl that wanted it was because of the strength and mass required for a working pivot and working load and all that but just as a safety device to alow an eight inch platform to pair with six and a half then it should work. Anyway I propose this theory not to just get the height to match but to go really high which is what I think I got out from this. Just to match height take a three inch platform and cut one down to inch and a half. But if the idea is to start with a high platform and go higher then some sort of safety device might be nice.

That is an interesting dilema although I suppose there are more than a small few who have this condition. My reason for responding to this question stems from an article I read many years ago about Marilyn Monroe. Seems they would purposely shorten one of her heels by upwards of a half inch. This supposedly gave her that signature strut. Now I realize 4 cm is a lot, but maybe a slightly shorter heel may be just enough. Take it for what it's worth.

I didn't know I couldn't post in girls forum, sorry. I think here I can, so I'll give you some ideas. There are some stores I have seen on the web that sells the same kind of shoe in different heel heights, it might be usefull for you. You could also modify platform shoes putting a 2cm raise on the shorter leg, and cutting 2cm on the heel and platform on the other. Some years ago I saw a nice girl wearing pumps with quite chunky heel, one over 5 cm and the other over 12, taylor made I think. I'd like to discuss this ideas with you, and I hope they are usefull. I forgot to ask you if you must wear a 4cm raise, some short-legged people wears a raise that don'd fill the whole difference.

my shoulders and neck hurts a lot when i do not u a full lift. i have had a leg lengthening. my leg was fourteen cm shorter. do you see often women with one shorter leg?

Hi marit My daughter was born with one leg 4 cm shorter and that foot 2 sizes smaller .Over the last 20 odd years i have altered lots shoes for her We found platform wedges the easyest to cut bown but shoes with a heel a lot harder to do and and look right We used to watch for sales and buy 2 pair 2 sizes apart and throw one of each away or keep for practice or parts She to has back and neck pain if she walks in unaltered shoes for to long .Most people who know her have not noticed

Fourteen cm are a lot, I'm glad you reduced the difference. Not very often, but it is a thing that takes my attention, i don't know why. Anyway its nice to look as pretty as possible despite your leg problem.

people in holland think its very strange that you built up a high heel shoe or boot. but i think that i look very good in high heels despite my handicap. just having one heel higher...

my shoulders and neck hurts a lot when i do not u a full lift. i have had a leg lengthening. my leg was fourteen cm shorter. do you see often women with one shorter leg?

I have seen very few women with a short leg here in the states, and in most instances, the shorter leg has paralysis and she uses crutches. My leg in the photo was of equal length with paralysis and I used crutches for mobility as depicted in my photo.

E