Leg length discrepancy

marit

Hi, girls! My name is Marit. My left leg is four cm shorter than my right leg. I love to wear high heels. Some of my shoes are modified with a built up. But sometimes I buy two pair of shoes with different hights of heels, but looking the same. I want your opinion, what would you do if you had a leglengthdiscrepancy? Built up or buy two pairs of shoes. Are there girls with LLD? And do you wear high heels?

Hi Marit, I don't know that I can help. I suppose I'd say what's most comfortable or convenient? Or looks the most right. And I don't know who might be the one to talk to. eoneleg, is this your domaine? Actually, Marit, you might do better to go to the infirmary thread, where some of the chaps might help you. Megan

Hi Marit, Sorry to hear of the discrepancy of your legs. I wish that I could come up with a remedy to help you out. I am not at all experienced in this area as my situation is that of having one leg. But I gave your situation some thought. With the popularity lately of platform heels, there may be a soluton there. Since both shoes have a platform, would it be feasible to add to the thickness of the platform and to the heel. And, do both shoes have to be exactly equal in heel height and platform thickness? I hope that you can come up with a solution that will allow you to exercise your love of wearing heels. I share your passion but in only one shoe. Please feel free to email me if you wish. E

No need to apologize, Megan. I am always willing to try to help someone out and in this instance, may have gotten in over my head. Had you not mentioned my name in your first reply, I would have jumped in any way, just not with both feet as the old cliche goes. And I do hope that the young lady can find a solution to her problem. There is a surgical procedure followed by months in a frame device that does lengthen the limb. It is super expensive and time consuming - about a year in an adjustable frame device. E

Hi Marit,

Mike Hinch PM'd me with this piece of advice. Just passing it on.

Regards, Megan

Mike Hinch

Crocs

• Posted Image
  • Members
  • Posted Image
  • 369 posts
Sent Today, 04:54 AM

We know that I am not permitted to post here but what do you think about the idea of pleaser low cost platform boots and pealing back the out sole and cutting the platform and heel and then replacing the outsole and heel tip. Cutting down a high platform would be easier than to build up a short boot.

Edited by meganiwish

I wish that I could come up with a solution for you. Did I see somewhere here that you leg has already been lengthened? I know that lengtheniing is a long, painful, and expensive process and I take my hat off to you. And wearing a heel on your normal leg expands the equality factor. My picture shows me in a four-inch heel which was necessary to prevent my crippled leg from draging on the floor as I walked. The alternative was to wear a built-up shoe, but my being a heel lover, the choice was obvious. E