Hidden Heels... Maybe Not Pointless

onyourtoes

Weird! I was also wondering how you were ever going to convince them that you actually received that in a package was supposed to contain shoes. Especially if the packing slip reads "shoes."

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a pair of Puma wedges, gotta say, they may be more comfortable then the Nike's, but they do feel warm. Might be good in the winter or cooler climates then Miami. Also, back on the Vans topic, amusing clip of an email from Amazon.

post-289-0-50285500-1377908873_thumb.jpg

(formerly known as "JimC")

http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat10288&skuId=133394090&productId=73333&lotId=133394&category=&catdisplayName=Womens There was a sale over the holiday weekend on these shoes for $12.99 - reg $34.99. I stopped at one store which had the silver pair but I desired the black. The SA checked and located a pair for me and placed them on hold for 2 days. Problem was that the sale price was ending on Monday and it would be the next day before I could pick them up - at the non-sale price. But I was told I could purchase the silver pair and exchange them for the black at the sale price plus I was given a voucher for $4 for my effort. I sit here now with my new hidden wedge hightop sneakers. They are very comfortable and as soon as I find some black shoe laces to replace the gliter ones, I will be out and about enjoying the additional two inches descretely. Some of the reviews were not positive but I find them to be quite a value in more than one way.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

How is the sizing with that style? I usually take a woman's 10.5 but some brands are made smaller so, I find I'm better off to buy an 11 than a 10. Does this style run true to size?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

How is the sizing with that style? I usually take a woman's 10.5 but some brands are made smaller so, I find I'm better off to buy an 11 than a 10. Does this style run true to size?

Assuming you're asking about the Skechers High Fly, I have the Plus-3 Rebound which are probably made with the same last and seem pretty true to size to me. Perhaps a bit narrow. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008I0SDS0/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the feedback. However, the sales size chart only showes them in a size 9 (US) as the largest they have at the moment. So, I'll keep them in mind and keep looking.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic got me interested in wedge sneakers. But didn't find a pair i liked, until yesterday. I ordered a pair of black/gray/silver ones and you can hardly see the wedge. I'm very curious about how they feel. I'll post some pics when i get them. :) HI interesting that you like the hidden wedge sneakers style, I find the wedge heel sneaker style footwear really easy to wear any where as a guy would, no one evet notices that your wearing a heel and ythey are so comfortableto wear all day, mine are about 3 inch high wedge and there better to walk in than guy s flat sole ones, regard s tim

Mine are "Sketchers." 3 inch hidden heel. Timmy is spot on about comfort. They fit like a dream and the 3" heel is just the right height to wear all day without hurting your feet hurting.

Found these on Aldo. Sort of hidden wedges on boots. http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/women/boots/wedge-boots

I wasn't sure which Aldo boots kashaze was talking about as his link just went to an overall page full of many wedge boots, but anyway, there is a pair I saw there that is really very stealthy for anyone shy about heels in public.  They are "Aldo Kotek", and are about $130 US, which is a bit spendy, but these totally look like a man's work boot/shoe.  The external heel is just over 1", maybe 1.5" but with the hidden wedge inside, it looks like it is probably closer to a 4" heel overall.  So yeah, most here on this forum would probably call these ugly, and they sort of are,  but I think I would feel pretty comfortable wearing these anywhere, even at my work which I have been most cautious about what heels I wear there.  So I'll probably take the bite and go for these myself.

Update:  Well the deeply frugal side of me kicked in, and I found a very similar pair to the $130 Aldo Kotek's (posted in the first picture).

These ones are at Amazon, called Qupid Roy-02 (2nd picture), for just $40 including shipping.  They are equally as ugly as the Aldo's :P and also are close to a 4" heel, but well, they will be another good work shoe for me to wear without any concern, and were a heck of a lot cheaper than the Aldo boots, so I am pretty happy  :)

post-2375-0-28526700-1380563212_thumb.jp

post-2375-0-85834700-1380582628_thumb.jp

I’ve been wearing my Airwalk Wyatt wedge sneakers everywhere, to church, to the fair, to move furniture, to visit relatives. They are extremely comfortable. My daughter, home from college for the weekend, noticed and commented on them. She called them “skater-boy” shoes, and thought it was cute that dear old 50-something dad is so square, he doesn’t even care that they are the fashion statement of a totally different group. I don’t think she figured out that they actually are womens shoes and that dad’s fashion statement is even further out there than she imagined.

Posted Image

http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=&subCatId=&skuId=133319065&productId=73335&lotId=133319&category=&catdisplayName=Womens

Update:  Well the deeply frugal side of me kicked in, and I found a very similar pair to the $130 Aldo Kotek's (posted in the first picture).   These ones are at Amazon, called Qupid Roy-02 (2nd picture), for just $40 including shipping.  They are equally as ugly as the Aldo's :P and also are close to a 4" heel, but well, they will be another good work shoe for me to wear without any concern, and were a heck of a lot cheaper than the Aldo boots, so I am pretty happy  :)

I was considering the Kotek's, but the three times I checked them out I walked off without asking for my size. TheQupids look nice. Will be interested in a review.

http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat10288&skuId=133394090&productId=73333&lotId=133394&category=&catdisplayName=Womens There was a sale over the holiday weekend on these shoes for $12.99 - reg $34.99. I stopped at one store which had the silver pair but I desired the black....

I had a chance yesterday to wear them for about 8 hours - they were great.  Of course the heel is a bit shy of "high" at 2" but there was a tag on them calling them "Elevat-her Shoes."  I am still not quite clear as to why a woman has to were discrete heels.  I'm just glad that they did become fashionable and therefore available. 

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

HI interesting that you like the hidden wedge sneakers style, I find the wedge heel sneaker style footwear really easy to wear any where as a guy would, no one evet notices that your wearing a heel and ythey are so comfortableto wear all day, mine are about 3 inch high wedge and there better to walk in than guy s flat sole ones, regard s tim

I received them today but it was quite a dissapointment. The quality wasn't as good as i expected and the left shoe looked like it wasn't put together as it should. And when I had them on I didn't feel the wedge at all, they felt like wearing my regular sneakers. And for me it's not just about the looks but I also like to feel that i'm wearing something with a higher heel. So i'll send them back tomorrow.

C10setheels , sorry to here the dissapointment with the wedge heel sneakers im sure not all makes are like that,  i know what you meen about that you like you feel that your wearing a higher heel ! im the same.

I wear mine often and i can feel the wedge at 3.5 "  high on a uk size 6 it dont change how i walk but feels nice ' sure you know ' , just hope you get a better make or style that works for you and enjoy.

I was considering the Kotek's, but the three times I checked them out I walked off without asking for my size. TheQupids look nice. Will be interested in a review.

Update - Just got the Qupid boots in today and they really look pretty good.  They are quite a bit smaller looking then they appear online, but fit me perfectly.  They look like typical men's shoes with jeans, but are smaller than a man's shoe would be and are actually sort of cute.  Definitely not at all obvious that I have a ~3.5" heel on, just looks like I am sort of small footed is the only thing   :) .  Anyway, I am going to buy another pair right now in dark brown since they are running out of them in my size.

Update - Just got the Qupid boots in today and they really look pretty good.  They are quite a bit smaller looking then they appear online, but fit me perfectly.  They look like typical men's shoes with jeans, but are smaller than a man's shoe would be and are actually sort of cute.  Definitely not at all obvious that I have a ~3.5" heel on, just looks like I am sort of small footed is the only thing   :) .  Anyway, I am going to buy another pair right now in dark brown since they are running out of them in my size.

Nice! How do they feel when walking? Driving?

Nice! How do they feel when walking? Driving?

Very comfortable... I've worn them pretty much all day the last couple days, walked around for a couple of hours non-stop, and have had no discomfort or issues.  I am really happy with them.

Very comfortable... I've worn them pretty much all day the last couple days, walked around for a couple of hours non-stop, and have had no discomfort or issues.  I am really happy with them.

Ok, ordered a pair. Will give them a shot :)

i took a look at the kotek and they are very cute...I was actually looking for a pair of boots for the winter look to match camo pants which is a sort of trend now here in italy.

and also I wanted to change a little bit from my usual withe and black nike dunk shy hi...

by the way, I just spotted this new pair of nikes "sneakerboots" and would like to share it with you guys....too bad they make only small sizes....http://sneakernews.com/2013/10/11/nike-wmns-dunk-sky-hi-sneakerboot-prm-reflective-silver/

Got mine, they seem pretty big for the size, but thick socks seemed to help. I can see these being quite handy, but doubt I can use them for work.

Ah, that's a shame, I wear a US10 and the ones I got seem to fit just right on me.  I have worn mine to work quite a bit since getting them.  Again, they do make my feet look a bit small, but otherwise, they are working great for me at work.  I guess because I have worn a lot of similar hidden heel sneakers, low heel wedge boots, and women's flats at work before (all of which make my feet look somewhat smaller), its really nothing new by now.

B&b lots: they are the same length toe to heel as my work boots, but are narrower on the outside. That part is odd since my work boots are a bit narrow for my feet, but the wedge boots are comfortable.