Hidden Heels... Maybe Not Pointless

onyourtoes

I'm actually very short and well known for that. I won't go to friends with these, they would notice, but just running around in public won't be a problem.

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

these sneakres are really nice!! I am thinkg of getting a pair too but I am not sure sarenza holland will ship to italy...I like the back pair especially I guess that's a good match you made, you could try with rolling up the jeans a little bit and have the shoe stand out more...that's how I style my buffalos ans so far so good I can say... Yesterday afternoon I was shopping with my wife in the city center and went in and out from several shops, it was quite fun actually...I guess I spotted some girls here and there taking a look down but now I think I was actually happy about it.... :nervous: It all come down to confidence as some other people pointed out...

I wore my Puma MY-66 trainersout in London yesterday evening and received a compliment on them from a lady, who went on to ask if they wear wedge trainers - so they aren't that stealthy! I also managed to take some pictures of me in them in a shop mirror (attached below).

Also we appear to have two threads discussing the same thing. Could the mods mearge them?

post-548-0-57782400-1365186384_thumb.jpg

post-548-0-70871700-1365186409_thumb.jpg

post-548-0-30210800-1365186430_thumb.jpg

I wore my Puma MY-66 trainersout in London yesterday evening and received a compliment on them from a lady, who went on to ask if they wear wedge trainers - so they aren't that stealthy! I also managed to take some pictures of me in them in a shop mirror (attached below).

Also we appear to have two threads discussing the same thing. Could the mods mearge them?

could be because of the jeans?? maybe if you had a wider end...OR put them inside the shoe (if the shoe allows for this...)

in any case I would not say they are very obvious....

Great Look! Very passable!

I have two pairs of the nikes. Check back to page two, have worn them to the inlaws as well as around family without issue. One friend teased me for not wearing heels while i was wearing them.

(formerly known as "JimC")

I have two pairs of the nikes. Check back to page two, have worn them to the inlaws as well as around family without issue. One friend teased me for not wearing heels while i was wearing them.

yes, I remeber the picture you posted and commented..that's why i got interested in the nikes too...

I was wondering if you could get us some feedback about comfort or else..

by the way, I got these today:

http://www.sarenza.it/mustang-shoes-naima-s791920-p0000067628

I was even so lucky to find them in size EU 42 so they make a good alternative to the buffalos

by the way, I got these today:

http://www.sarenza.i...920-p0000067628

I was even so lucky to find them in size EU 42 so they make a good alternative to the buffalos

I own the same ones in brown-white, but I found them a little too low. They just felt like they were shaped wrong. I solved this by folding toilet paper and adding around 2 cm/ 1 inch of paper to the back of the shoe. I then put a regular shoe sole on top of it and it fitted perfectly! Do you find them comfortable the way they are or do you experience the same problem as me?

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

I own the same ones in brown-white, but I found them a little too low. They just felt like they were shaped wrong. I solved this by folding toilet paper and adding around 2 cm/ 1 inch of paper to the back of the shoe. I then put a regular shoe sole on top of it and it fitted perfectly! Do you find them comfortable the way they are or do you experience the same problem as me?

I just have tried them a little a home when they arrived, but I could say they seem to be ok...

Maybe the quality is not top notch (but guess where they are from..) if compared to the buffalos which you can tell have a better quality..

I agree with you on the fact that they are not too high, they wrote heel about 8,5 cm but I guess that is maybe 6 or so...I was expecting steadier incline but I guess I will like them..

I will let you know about comfort as soon as I wear them a little more...

I actually think the quality is decent. Even if it's not for the comfort, walking on an extra inch is more fun anyways!

tryed then out in public for some hours yesterday and they felt ok and comfortable, my wife said that they even look good and that one cannot tell about the heel, just an out of the ordinary pair of sneakers but no big deal if compared to what you see in the streets

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like Adidas and Reebok are getting into the wedge sneaker game.

Vans, too.

post-37-0-00488000-1375648553_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-67830900-1375648557_thumb.jpg

My review on Zappos:

I'm a guy that likes to occasionally wear heels. I like the style and the feel of that little extra boost under my feet.

Since heels on the men's side of the shops are pretty much non-existent, it's necessary to venture across the aisle. Once a guy arrives on the other side, he finds lots of heels, but most of them are attached to lace, pink, narrow, small and decidedly feminine looking footwear, but what would you expect in a women's shoe department? Fortunately it's not all pastel, stilettos, and frills, there are occasionally some more masculine chunky heeled boots and loafers along with perhaps a big soled pair of clogs or two. Some even come in more guy friendly large sizes.

A recent style has gladdened the hearts of many male heel fans, that's the hidden wedge sneaker trend. Stealth heels, finally, hooray! But a little shopping finds that practically no one makes them over women's size 10, which works out to men's 8 1/2 at best. Boo!

You can imagine my excitement when I found Vans SK-8 HI Wedge on Zappos. Not only do they come as large as women's 11 1/2, but Zappos itself lists them as "Men's 10, Women's 11.5", my size! I was even more surprised when they arrived and the only size on the shoes and box is "Men US 10" The fit is nearly perfect, if anything they're a half size large. The styling is great, they seem well made, and are very comfortable indeed. But do understand, the 5 star comfort rating is in comparison to other shoes with 3 inch heels -- after all, they are high heels.

Thank you Vans and Zappos, let's keep the trend going.

Since heels on the men's side of the shops are pretty much non-existent, it's necessary to venture across the aisle. Once a guy arrives on the other side, he finds lots of heels, but most of them are attached to lace, pink, narrow, small and decidedly feminine looking footwear, but what would you expect in a women's shoe department?

It's not just heels, it's shoes in general. Went shopping recently for some men's running shoes for myself. First stop was our local Target store - the shoe department as set up with shelves about 20 feet long and 5 feet high.

The men's shoes took up both sides of one aisle, with maybe 10-20 distinct styles

The boy's shoes took up both sides of one aisle, with the same 10-20 distinct styles

The girl's shoes took up both sides of 2 aisles, with about 20-30 distinct styles

The women's shoes took up both sides of 6 aisles, with probably over 100 distinct styles

I mentioned to my wife that what we are seeing is a clear and distinct case of discrimination!

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

It's not just heels, it's shoes in general. Went shopping recently for some men's running shoes for myself. First stop was our local Target store - the shoe department as set up with shelves about 20 feet long and 5 feet high.

The men's shoes took up both sides of one aisle, with maybe 10-20 distinct styles

The boy's shoes took up both sides of one aisle, with the same 10-20 distinct styles

The girl's shoes took up both sides of 2 aisles, with about 20-30 distinct styles

The women's shoes took up both sides of 6 aisles, with probably over 100 distinct styles

I mentioned to my wife that what we are seeing is a clear and distinct case of discrimination!

You're right there. Men have been stuck in just a few basic styles and colors for decades. It takes a long time for men to adopt anything close to a new style.

When Swedish wood sole clogs showed up on the scene in the late sixties, they were completely unisex. Today if you try to find men's clogs, you'll find mostly Crocs and those hideous suede slip on things from Merrill.

If anything some styles seem to have disappeared -- when is the last time you saw a man wearing ankle high side zip boots, or for that matter, any boots that are not job specific. Add to that the lack of colors, heel height selection, and buckles or anything decorative and you end up where we are today.

They might as well close all men's shoe stores (are there any exclusively for men?) and issue each male a pair of shoes at birth. When they come of age, they must select black or brown as the life color for their annual pair of replacement shoes. Upon application men may also receive a pair of white sneakers.

Tried a pair from Adidas, they were too small(9), but the heel felt higher then the Nikes I was wearing. This makes sense as they look less discrete. Might have to try a pair. The black leather Puma MY66's should arrive today, will report on them later.

Got my order from Nordstroms! Yay! Till I opened up the box, instead of Puma wedge sneakers I got this.

Posted Image

Never even knew they sold these. Spent some time on the phone to confirm they have no replacements in stock >.<

Seems to be a drying mat. Not sure how they ****** it up that bad. Am worried I will now get ******.

Edited by Shafted
language