Weak Ankle

wetwillie

Question

I put on a pair of 5 inch stellettos the other day and my left ankle gave out as soon as I stood up. I tried a pair of 4 inch and the same thing happened. Then I tried my boots with a 3 1/2 cuban heel and still couldn't walk in them. I tried a pair of 3 inch wedge sandals and had no problem. I also noticed while wearing flat sandals or tennis shoes that my left foot slaps as I walk. There's no pain or discomfort. I have no idea what's going on. My wife suggested wearing an ankle brace for a while. Any ideas?

1 answer to this question

Hmm, that sounds a bit different than normal ankle strain which I've done before, but your symptoms seem like something else is going on. Is your ankle swollen at all? Can you flex your foot up and down without pain or issues? Is there any numbness or loss of feeling in your legs or feet? I would try to take it easy for 48 hours. If there is swelling, elevate and ice it for a while, and occasionally flex and rotate it gently but not too much. If things get worse or it lasts more than a couple of days, you probably need to see the Doctor. Good luck. EDIT: I found this article about a condition called "foot drop", which has some symptoms closer to what you might be experiencing, but I hope this is not what you have, as it doesn't sound like fun to heal from: http://www.ehow.com/about_5635554_foot-drop-symptoms-broken-leg.html

Edited by hhboots