Rick Owens Wedge Boots

Rockpup

A Neiman Marcus outlet has a pair of Rick Owens wedge boots (not the mens model) nearly 75% off. While a good price, they are still pricy. I tried them on but the socks I had were not quite the right way to go. I may stop by tomorrow with knee high stockings to give them another go. I am curious if anyone has worn Rick Owens boots, and if they hold up really well for the price. These are the model, about a 5" heel with 1" platform.

Posted Image

If those do not work out, or if I just cannot justify the cost I may end getting these Ash Zenith boots. The socks I had on yesterday were too thin for them ;)

I think these would be good for colder weather, such as if we get up to go ski/snowboard/snowmobile again.

Posted Image

The sales ladies at this NM store seemed quite confused that I was not trying to be sneaky about which boots I wanted to try on.

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 3 weeks later...

Ended up buying the boots. The price was knocked down from $1595 to $222. So far they are quite comfortable, even though the heel lift is around 5". They are not the usual feminine style, but my feet look tiny wearing jeans the cover most of them. Could be good for wear out and about when I get used to walking distance in this height of a heel.

The black boots in the top pix having no line to show where the platform could be and at the back no external joint from the foot part and the boot heel would make this model quite excellent for anyone that wanted to go out with a really high heel and point those meditarsels without total advertising girls boots.

I've not been able to get good pics, but I took a vid. Not sure what I will do with these, the visual balance is a bit odd, as the heel is not right under the back of the foot when walking. Might have to stick to looser/longer jeans.

• 2 weeks later...

A little time with the boots and I am happy with my purchase, even if I am not quite ready to wear them in public yet ;)

The boots are very comfortable for the height. The heels are about 6 inches with only about a half inch platform. I have no discomfort in my feet when standing or walking in them. The muscles of my lower leg however are really getting a workout as these are the tallest street heels I have ever had. About 20 minutes of walking around a Macy's and I started to question if I was going to have an issue making back out to my truck. hehe

Here is a pic from in the store. My feet look tiny wearing longer jeans. Will try to find something to wear with them other then jeans.

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

You look good! My faverite wedges are the ones lenny kravitz wore. Its all over the internet. It looks sexy when your feet look small. We wouldn't wear stylish shoes if we didn't look sexy In them, right?

• 3 weeks later...

Found out the model of these boots is "Bitter". Wore them quite a bit on Sunday, but did not leave the house. They are still a bit rough when walking for any distance.

I did find more proof I got a great price. This seller is asking for over 3x what I paid :D Good pics in the listing though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BN-Rick-Owens-DK-Brown-Leather-Wedge-Boots-UK6-EU39-/220850602978?pt=UK_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item336bb8c3e2

Hey Rockpup, Good score on the Rick Owens Boots. Would love to find a pair of those on sale, the regular price is way to much for me. If you ever find another pair of size 41s please let me know. They look really good! Mtnsofheels

• 2 weeks later...

Rockpup.. THANKYOU! I searched out ' Ash boots ' as you posted and found links to these : http://www.ashfootwearusa.com/yahoo-black.html And these : http://www.ashfootwearusa.com/york-black.html The second pair is just SCREAMING my name! I like Wedge heels and do wear Uggs all the time when its colder out ( I live in NY ). Both in 1 !

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

• 5 months later...

these wedge booties by rick owens are really the pair ofwedges i woukd loe to buy and wear... high, with platform but not feminine.youreally got yourself a good deal to get them for 220 bucks...as far as styilng them, i think you look good with the long jeans and i guess this is the way to go unless you want to show part of the boot.i have a pair of ankle wedge booties of about the same height and my feet would look small with long jeans too.