Is Your Favorite Style Of Heels Banned At Work?

Sangue16

29 members have voted

1. 1. Are your shoe choices limited by rules at work?

• No, I can wear whatever type of shoe I please/deem appropriate.
    • Actually, I must wear heels to work.
    • No open toe shoes allowed!
    • No shoes with any open parts, including sling backs, allowed.
    • My line of work requires steel toe shoes or similar protective shoes.

Some of you know about my closed toe shoe woes and that I can't wear my beloved peep toes at my current job. Apparently, we might drop the one heavy object we work with on our toes (maybe a one to two pound metal rod) on our toes and sue. Additionally, we can't wear boots. (I posted this in the girls section because, unfortunately, society is rather backward in letting everyone choose footwear freely so for the most part, girls have more experience dealing with this.) I think it is utter bilge and I miss my peeptoes dearly ;( It think that if one is dressed up in a blazer, suiting skirt, and hose peeptoes can look very professional.

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

Surely, if you chose your shoes there'd be no danger of you suing. Can't wear boots?! My daughter's school banned boots, with the result that all the girls slushed through the snow in ballet flats in the winter. But I know, Sangue, how hardy you are with snow!

Sorry that this is still a problem for you, Sangue. We do not have a standard for shoes. As the highest ranked female, I wear any shoe that is in good taste and my female staff do as well. Naturally, we do not allow stripper platforms, but the current pllats with or without peep toes are ok. No beach flip-flops but if any want to wear flat leather thongs, its ok. Toe cleavage is also acceptable. I'm told that several women after seeing me on my crutches and doing very well in a heel, they have taken up wearing heels where they previously had not. E

OUr office dresscode: No open toes shoes and/or platform higher than half an inch. Most of us wear heel pumps, court shoes and boot. I prefer to wear boots with point toes and heels.

Boot me up, Boot me down

The only shoes that are not welcomed in my office are flip flops (or sandals that are essentially leather flip flops). When I am meeting with clients or senior staff, I always wear closed toe shoes in a 3 - 3.5 inch heel height. On other days I can be more adventurous with peep toes, heeled sandals and office appropriate platforms.

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I wear 4 1/2" high heel pumps, some peep toe, mostly pointed toe.  I mostly have black, dark grey, nude, brown colored pumps for the office.  Although, once in awhile I wear my white pumps and even my hot pink or lipstick red on occasion.  My shoes draw a lot of attention from the girls in the office.  Over the months, they have really upped their shoe games, some of them now wearing 4" to 5" heels themselves.  They come to me for their approval :) and of course, I praise them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, I run my own business, and as the boss I can wear anything that I like :) ... however, I usually wear pumps with stiletto heels at work, and I generally advise my female staffs to wear simple pumps, a little platform (0.5" - 1") is OK, open-toed / peep-toe is OK, anything up to 5" heels are no problem. What I do emphasize are color (neutrals are preferred - black, nude-color, white) ... models (should be simple, no-frills heels) ... and safety (no metal heels, avoid slippery soles such as smooth leather, choose heels with slip-proofed soles, etc)

Edited by dianiheels
edited for clarity
  • Like 1