The New Adventures Of Radiodave

radiodave

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bravo, radiodave! Sounds like you had a good time on your most recent outing. As for the shoes you bought, consider yourself fortunate as, in my mind, there's nothing, and I do mean NOTHING sexier than a plain black pump!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 1 month later...

I was home feeling ill today, but I felt well enough to run an errand. I just picked up a pair of skinny jeans from the other side of the store over the weekend, and wore them with my Aldo "Hortensia" boots, black shirt, and denim handbag. We're getting our soaking from the rains, so I had my black leather jacket. I went to pick up some supplies for our community theater, and it was in one of these office complexes where they buzz you in, but I managed to follow somebody returning from lunch. Told him I needed some supplies, so he took me over to his desk. His colleague glanced at my boots, but that was it. Other than having my handbag hit the deck when I leaned over to sign the receipt, pretty uneventful. Got back home and one of the neighbors was arriving home. Well, if the cat wasn't out of the bag already, it is now.

post-1101-0-77743700-1351534632_thumb.jp

post-1101-0-70510300-1351534643_thumb.jp

I was home feeling ill today, but I felt well enough to run an errand. I just picked up a pair of skinny jeans from the other side of the store over the weekend, and wore them with my Aldo "Hortensia" boots, black shirt, and denim handbag. We're getting our soaking from the rains, so I had my black leather jacket.

I went to pick up some supplies for our community theater, and it was in one of these office complexes where they buzz you in, but I managed to follow somebody returning from lunch. Told him I needed some supplies, so he took me over to his desk. His colleague glanced at my boots, but that was it. Other than having my handbag hit the deck when I leaned over to sign the receipt, pretty uneventful. Got back home and one of the neighbors was arriving home. Well, if the cat wasn't out of the bag already, it is now.

Nice. A black leather jacket always goes good with black boots. Have you tried going down a size in jeans though? They bunch up at where the shaft of the boots ends near your knee cap, plus they appear baggy around your upper leg area which creates a mild unkempt aura.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

They do look like more of a straight cut than a skinny. A skinny fits close the entire length of the leg.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Bravo, Dave! Bravo! That was a mondo sharp outfit you wore, and the boots were terrific! Two thumbs up!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Very cool outfit Dave ! You rocked it very well. I agree with KH and Shafted, the jeans do not look like skinny jeans on women or on the fashion magazine, but mine do look on me as yours look on you. I thought it was because I have skinny thighs or I have not search enough for jeans that follow my body shape (which changes a lot through the year I must admit, with especially a high after christmas, so picking the right jeans is always a bit hard.)

• 1 month later...

I picked up a pair of Aldo "Brigette" boots, and lucked out since the size they had in stock was 39 (about 8.5 US). I normally wear a 9. I had worn my brown "Moeser" boots to the store, and when they said they only had that size, the gentleman asked if I'd like to try the 8.5 anyway. They must run a little large, because they fit great. Since I had put both on, the guy asked if I just wanted to wear them out. Sure! He put my flat boots in the box for me. I actually put a review in for them online, and noticed there's a checkbox for "male" or "female". Seems they approved my review anyway, and even got a vote for being a helpful review. Bet they don't get too many reviews for the "women's" boots from guys, but hey, I'll contribute. Been wearing them to work with nary a blink. I will say the price is worth it though, their boots are comfortable, well-made, and warm.

post-1101-0-04561500-1355167977_thumb.jp

Those are nice boots, really would say they're not very fem. If I wasn't looking to notice if you were wearing from the other side of the aisle I am sure I would not be able to tell. Luck with the size though, I have always found Aldo to run a bit small.

I agree those are nice boots and are not very fem looking with the block heel. Hope that you enjoy wearing them too. Tuck your jeans inside to show off those boots. I am seeing more and more men with jeans tucked inside their boots. I wear them that way alot even with stiletto heels. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Great pair of boots, Dave! I gave you another "helpful" vote on their web site. Thanks for doing the review and noting that you are male. I think it's important that manufacturers and suppliers know that guys are their customers, too. I'm still jealous of your small foot size! LOL Steve

• 10 months later...

Coming out, in a way...

A first for me.  Over the weekend, I bought a pair of Arturo Chiang "Violet" boots.  Comfortable boots, and the guy at Dillard's was very helpful.  He probably new right away they were for me, and when I was looking at them he commented that they were comfortable.  He actually brought out a pair of wedge boots with these for me to try on, but I ended up buying these.

Tonight was a milestone.  I am directing a play at the community theater I'm involved with.  The first one I've directed by myself.  I have a cast of 10, with some old and new friends in it.  I was a bit nervous, but I wore these boots.  I've never worn heels, other than some 2" block heeled boots, around friends.  A good friend of mine whom I've worked with in other productions was there finalizing some set construction and prop details, which made me a little nervous because I wasn't expecting him there.  I'm wearing 3" heels, which are not silent by any stretch.  One of my cast had her mom come with her, because her mom wasn't going to be able to make a performance.  Between going backstage to look over props, walking up to our backdrop across the concrete floor to take a look something my friend and our other set builders were working on, I know they all must have heard me.

So, we had my 10 cast members, my friend, my cast member's mom, and our stage manager.  After rehearsal, a few guys and I went out for a beer at the local tavern.  We talked about movies, one of the guys is a bit of a history buff on World War 2 aircraft like me and we chatted about planes.  Had to excuse myself to the men's room and walked past some ladies.  I'm sure our server caught sight of my heels, as did the folks sitting at the bar.

The result?  The demons were in my head.  Nobody looked at me funny, nobody seemed to pay to much attention to my noisy heels, and things seemed perfectly normal.  I don't doubt they noticed, but there was no interrogation, no strange comments, no laughs.  At the very least, if anybody does ask about them later, I feel a little more empowered to say "So what?".  Wow.  I just wore 3" heels among friends.  And nothing bad happened.

post-1101-0-03930000-1383105708_thumb.jp

Great read, Dave! 

No matter what people say, it seems few believe it till they try it themselves about the demons in their heads.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Glad you had a great evening without any concerns.  Yes, the demons are in our heads!!  Nobody said anything although a good comment would have made the evening.  I found this out almost a year ago traveling through the Atlanta airport in red Brash Kosmic pumps.  No trouble from anyone and some great comments from women while waiting for my flight.  I expect to do this again early next year.

Keep it up now Dave as the initial wearing is over.  Shafted is so right!

Jim

Great story, Dave! I'm glad you recognized where the demons were and dealt with them appropriately.

I'm a bit surprised, because when we've been together in the past you wore some awesome heeled platform sandals that were very obvious and you were quite open and confident. But being around colleagues and friends that don't necessarily share your passion for heels is different, I guess. Anyway, congrats! This is another milestone for you and I appreciate your posting about it. Thanks for sharing.

Hope to see you again some time soon.

Steve

Thanks all, yes, the difference this time was I was among friends.  I've worn stiletto heels to the mall with nary a reaction, but I would have been mortified to run into friends or people I know.  Now that I've pushed the envelope a little with friends, maybe I'll wear boots like this more often.