Nude Shoes: Here To Stay?

meganiwish

There was just the briefest of glimpses of the fashions at Ascot this afternoon, on the television, but Eve Pollard said, 'Nude shoes, like the little black dress, here to stay.' I do hope not. I think the tone looks all wrong, vaguely surgical with a whiff of bandaid. What does anyone else think?

Edited by meganiwish

I read somewhere about "displaying the beauty of the female foot," and I have always been a fan of very nude sandals or an open-toe pump that displays more toes than a peep-toe. And fortunately, I live in a warm climate and enjoy a nude sandal year round. E

I have to agree that I think nude shoes are here to stay. When the shade of the shoe matches the skin tone, there are few things any prettier. However, shoes that are too light or too dark in relation to the skin tone destroy the effect and the wearer would be better off wearing a black shoe (in my opinion)!

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

Hmm, I do seem to rather stand alone on this one. Just not my colour. I do rather wonder if they have the making of a classic like the LBD, which was what Eve Pollard was implying. I feel I should mention here that I got a PM from SleekHeels who made a couple of good points. (He was happy for me to quote him.) First he said that he didn't like the term 'nude' as it was clear what colour I was talking about, and that doesn't take into account other skin tones. I agree, and am happy to stand chastised on that point. He also talked about pairing the shoes with trousers, which I hadn't considered, as I never wear them. I made a deliberate choice to post this in the girls only forum as I was interested in the nude shoes/LBD aspect. Perhaps it would have been better in the everyone section.

Megan, I think you raise some good points in your post. The term "nude" is a bit misleading since there are a plethora of shades that classify themselves as nude. To find a good match is merely trial and error. I'm still looking for the right shade for me...most are too dark or grayish to work with my skin tone which is reasonably fair. So, for now, I'm still wearing black shoes with my LBD! But the hunt continues!!

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

I just remembered something about nude shoes. While cleaning closets and I was very young, mom came acrss two pairs of springolaltors that she had worn a decade or so ago. She also told me that someone came out with a sandal similar to a mule but no vamp or heelcup. There was nothing to wrap or cover the foot. The shoe was held on the foot by means of double sided tape that ran from just above the toes to the heel. Unfortunately, mom had never worn any so she could not say how well they clung to the foot, if at all. Anyone else have any experience with these? E