Check Up Time!

Not wearing this outfit!

I never wore a wig before and it totally sucked. I HAD to though. just for the shock factor.

The cheap ' party city ' fishnets didnt last long at all. They were destroyed by the seatbelt latch on the way home.

I DID win lunch at my place of choice though :D. Cashed in already ;)

-Ilk

Damned - - can you really top this?

Maybe a strappy evening gown with Cuban heel back seams and still be comfortable. Would that get you dinner?

I need to come up with another outfit/idea to stun the receptionist again.

Thoughts?

-Ilk

You're never going to top the whole neon pink thing... maybe you'll surprise her by going in the opposite direction, the prim and proper librarian cliché (a smart blouse, pencil skirt and heels) who looks like she might just whip her glasses off and let her hair down in a burst of repressed sexuality.

Or maybe just turn up as a macho lumberjack to demonstrate that masculinity is no less a masquerade than femininity.

I'm totally amazed at how you can push the boat out so far but it doesn't actually sink. It's like they can't question your sanity without questioning their own. I just don't have the flair to even come close to pulling that off. The best thing, you're so enjoying it!

If you like it, wear it.

You're never going to top the whole neon pink thing... maybe you'll surprise her by going in the opposite direction, the prim and proper librarian cliché (a smart blouse, pencil skirt and heels) who looks like she might just whip her glasses off and let her hair down in a burst of repressed sexuality.

Hmm.. 2 problems. I dont wear glasses and most my hair fell out .

Or maybe just turn up as a macho lumberjack to demonstrate that masculinity is no less a masquerade than femininity.

I think that might be a cool idea. Shoe up in my work clothes..

I'm totally amazed at how you can push the boat out so far but it doesn't actually sink. It's like they can't question your sanity without questioning their own.

Its nothing more then common sense. Just state the obvious. Theres this mental condition that has become rampant that I dont at all subscribe to. Id rather just say exactly whats on my mind and the truth to things even if I dont like what Im saying then to be ' correct ' on certain levels. When we fail to be ourselves in fear of being frowned upon for not ' conforming ', theres a very serious problem. Its a cancer of its own and its really hurting everyone.

I try to stay above it by just being myself and nothing else . We are who(m) we are, all of us, and we just need to be ourselves instead of trying to be some superior intellectual going around trying to out ' intellectual ' the next person :D

I just don't have the flair to even come close to pulling that off. The best thing, you're so enjoying it!

You have the ' flair ', you just havent been presented a situation of such where your skills could be put to their use, ;) . Its not that I enjoy it, its just that I realize in choosing to go through all this a second time that Im here for ' the whole ride ' and I might as well make the best of it and TRY to have some enjoyment in life.

I could sit at home moping and telling everyone how good they have it and ' woe is me ' because they cut my nuts open but such serves no purpose except to try and have a self pity party. *I* am not for self pity, rather, Im all for taking the worst situation that Im presented with and laughing AT it. Whats the worst thing that can happen? I die from cancer like some 200million others a year? ( or however many it might be ). I could do just that OR, I can look at the situation with a smile and say ' fukit ', lets all have a laugh and maybe, just maybe, people can see that we really dont have it ' that bad '.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Hey ILK, First, I am really happy to read that your recovery is coming along as it should. I wish you full and speedy recovery. I just have to say that I absolutely love reading your posts. I would love to cultivate more of your attitude in my own life. Thank you for sharing. Best, AZShoeNut

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Hey ILK,

First, I am really happy to read that your recovery is coming along as it should. I wish you full and speedy recovery.

Thank you!

I just have to say that I absolutely love reading your posts. I would love to cultivate more of your attitude in my own life. Thank you for sharing.

Best,

AZShoeNut

AZSN.. just be yourself. People will hold the greatest of appreciation for you for being such ;)

Thanks!

-Ilk

As for today! :D

I REALLY REALLY REALLY gave a good thought to what Sleekheels was mentioning. My devious sister came over this morning to drive me for my visit ( I really dont need assistance anymore, but the fridge was full and she was hungry.. ).

We combed through all the closets and couldnt come up with a Secretary outfit or the ' naughty librarian ' type outfit. Darian does have clothes like that BUT.. I tried them on and they just about fell off of me :( . None of the stores would be open before my appointment so I couldnt go shopping..

So.. I took to Sleekheels second idea.

I grabbed a pair of my coveralls that are covered in old plaster/paint/resin and all sorts of other muck/crap, a ratted up painters hat, and a pair of sketchers sneakers.

My sisters jaw dropped when she saw me. " OMG! You look like a zombie! "

' PERFECT! ' was my only thought.

Walked into the Dr's office and the receptionist didnt even look up. When she did..

" Can I help.. wtf? NO WAY! Really?!?!?! I was excited thinking you were going to do something even wilder then that neon pink outfit.. and you come here like this? I did NOT expect this at all! What gives?!?!? "

' What? Im a dude! This is what Im supposed to wear, right? ' and I burst out laughing.

The Doc was another story. The guy is suffering from what old sailors and war vets call ' shell shocked ' syndrome.

I was waiting in the exam room and he walked in, looked at me and said " Ok. Your back to normal now? "

' Im always normal '.

" No dress? "

I looked around.. looked under that paper sheet stuff that covers the exam bed.. ' Cant find one anywhere Doc. Do I need one? '

" I thought we agreed it made doing the exam a whole lot easier.. you just pulled up and.. ya know? "

' Well.. yes, we did agree upon such but.. is it expected now? '

" Umm.. is what expected? "

' That I come in here.. you know.. pull up my dress and.. you know.. get up into the stirrups and.. '

His jaw dropped and he FLED the room. About 30 seconds later I heard the receptionist and one of the other ladies laughing in the front part of the office.

He came back in a few moments later, I took off the coveralls while he was out..

" Exam then, shall we? "

' Thats what Im here for! '

" Im starting to wonder if your not here to break my balls.. "

' No doc, that would be my issue, you have many others. Different kinds.. '

" What makes you say that? "

' I just have this insight telling me I you havent been out on a wild night in a very long time. '

" Wearing a dress? "

' No doc, we couldnt find that a minute ago.. '

" nonono! You mean I should go out in drag or in a dress? "

' When did I say that and why do you keep bringing up dresses? Theres none here Doc! '

" No! Your saying I should go out and have a wild night right? "

' Yes , that I am. '

" And it should involve me wearing a dress! "

' No, YOU are stipulating such. You could just go out in your car and run wild. You could get some friends together and go clubbing.. Having a wild night doesnt necessarily mean you need to wear a dress. '

" Oh. Sorry about that. "

' You ever worn a dress Doc? '

" I dont think thats an appropriate conversation for right now. "

' Dude, I have my legs up in straps, your checking out my genitals.. what could be more appropriate? I already know what your hand is on as Ive lived with that region of my body my whole life.. '

He stood up, took off the rubber gloves and sat down in the chair in the room.. took off his glasses and just sort of ' surrendered '.

" Look. My old lady was picking me up the day you wore the pink outfit. One of the office women took a pic on her phone of you. The women were all talking about you and most of the comments were extremely positive. I joined the conversation as I didnt know how they could be so talkative about some guy wearing womens clothes. It was like they were talking about some hollywood super star.. and in she came.. saw your picture.. and said something to the women that maybe someday she will dress me up all nice like that and send me in..

After the events of that night, she was starring at me and I asked her what was wrong.. and she was pondering what I would look like in an outfit like that.. "

' Well Doc, theres only 1 way to find out! '

" She said the same fu**ing thing! "

Have a good day Doc, see you next monday!

-Ilk

Well ILK I just read this thread. I can't express how I feel, just let me regain my chair. Well done very good ! I understand each people can react differently, but THIS different ?? You are a living social study and you could sell books... I you had to make a new shock to the receptionist or your sister, my idea would have been different of sleekheels one. It is a pity I didn't read your thread before. So this is something I noticed here : Sleekheels idea was to express the mascunility and virility and you did that with a crapped coverall and sneakers. But why not with a dandy outfit just like what Matt Bomer wears in "White Collar". I mean, to me his outfits and attitude are the cutest form of masculinity AND virility. But I rarely see people dressed like that - even the sales representatives I receive every now and then at work, you could say their suits and shoes are gross next to Bomer's. It seems that the people on this forum are not aware of what are fine masculine clothes... Some photos of Weatherly and Bomer for example. Look at Mark Harmon's outfit for a reference normal guy.

post-2251-0-03913000-1352281124_thumb.jp

post-2251-0-15902600-1352281129_thumb.jp

post-2251-0-43031500-1352281133_thumb.jp

post-2251-0-73356100-1352281162_thumb.jp

post-2251-0-58798400-1352281169_thumb.jp

Well ILK I just read this thread. I can't express how I feel, just let me regain my chair. Well done very good ! I understand each people can react differently, but THIS different ?? You are a living social study and you could sell books...

Hmm.. I like that idea! Profitability off book sales! I might have to look at how the market fairs for stories of my lifes journeys ;)

But why not with a dandy outfit just like what Matt Bomer wears in "White Collar".

I couldnt wear something like hes wearing right now. Too tight. I have a drawback in my mobility and some tender scar tissue to deal with. The coveralls were baggy and I wore silk skivvies to help with the friction.

Its nothing more then common sense. Just state the obvious. Theres this mental condition that has become rampant that I dont at all subscribe to. Id rather just say exactly whats on my mind and the truth to things even if I dont like what Im saying then to be ' correct ' on certain levels. When we fail to be ourselves in fear of being frowned upon for not ' conforming ', theres a very serious problem. Its a cancer of its own and its really hurting everyone.

I try to stay above it by just being myself and nothing else . We are who(m) we are, all of us, and we just need to be ourselves instead of trying to be some superior intellectual going around trying to out ' intellectual ' the next person :D

Those sentiments really resonate with me. I think it's also a testament to the professionalism of the second psychiatrist that you could be so direct wth him and he still gave you the same standard of care, most people wouldn't take that chance, good on you.

If you like it, wear it.

Hmm.. I like that idea! Profitability off book sales! I might have to look at how the market fairs for stories of my lifes journeys ;)

And also some goodies : "I wear heels" t-shirts, ILK figurines, etc...

I couldnt wear something like hes wearing right now. Too tight. I have a drawback in my mobility and some tender scar tissue to deal with. The coveralls were baggy and I wore silk skivvies to help with the friction.

Well I imagine you are going to fully recover sooner or later (the sooner the better), and I hope the idea is ot lost along the track...

ILK, I want you to get healed up as quickly as possible, but I am so enjoying your doctor office stories. Looking forward to the next one. Yes, your writing style is entertaining, you should pursue it further. Perhaps you and Dar should take the good doctor and his wife out for an evening of fun. (after this episode is over of course, patronage and professionalism, ya know)

ILK, I want you to get healed up as quickly as possible, but I am so enjoying your doctor office stories. Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks for the blessings.

Yes, your writing style is entertaining, you should pursue it further.

I have never done any kind of ' writing '. I cant even come up with words/lyrics for some of the musical scores I have written. Even on websites I visit ( all 4 or 5 of them ), this site and an Automotive site are the only ones I post messages on.

Perhaps you and Dar should take the good doctor and his wife out for an evening of fun. (after this episode is over of course, patronage and professionalism, ya know)

Now THAT is an awesome idea! I dont really know his wife. I dont know what their hobbies are ( outside of golf.. go figure! ). Im going to enquire on Monday about this and see what happens :)

THANKS for the thoughts!

-Ilk