Welcome Back To The Hecklers Haven!

As some may have read the thread ' Hecklers ' , most would know I occasionally perform with a band. Last night was the first time in a while as I had some medical issues that needed to be resolved and Ive been ' down ' over the last 2-3 months in a physical sense. Mentally, Im on top of my game ;);) always have been. I once again wore my NineWest ' Pinktop ' wedge booties and a rather long white collared shirt along with a baggy pair of capri pants that tie-off on my calves. Instead of ' hecklers ' , one of the women that was with the heckler from last time actually approached me when we were done and apologized from that night of bad ills. Her name is Janet and we started gabbing as she didnt know what to think. She was absolutely shocked when Darian ( soon to be my wife ) joined us in the conversation. She thought for sure I was gay or liked guys and that I was probably an interior decorator in my dayjob. She laughed when I told her I did ornamental plaster and wall repair and that she wasnt that far off as once in a while as I do paint homes I work on. After a while of conversation, the topic of what I was wearing came up. She asked if it was mine or if I borrowed it. She was informed It was all mine except for the belt , headscarf and necklace which were Darians. She didnt seem ' turned off ' anymore and admitted she didnt really know what to think of a guy whom was a bit more comfortable in such a leisurely attire. " That outfit actually looks very good on you and fits quite well. Your androgen looking of sorts so.. not to be rude, I thought you might have been one of those people whos like changing from one to the other.. ". Apparently shes not very ' wide minded ', but I wouldnt say she was narrow by any means. Just un-informed and un-exposed to different things. She was smiling when she made her statement. What I think took the cake of the night was finding out what happened to the ' Heckler '. After having the bouncers toss him out, They went to another bar. Apparently he was so fumed, he struck or tossed around one of the ladies of the group he was with at the other location. The womans boyfriend proceeded to clean the streets with the guy on a ' pretty bad level ' ( Janets description ). She didnt toss out any of the details and I dont think such would even matter. Its just a good-to-know feeling that people will police their own in certain instances ( or when needed ). She ( Janet ) mentioned one of the girls actually wanted to approach me and ask what kind of booties I was wearing and where I purchased them as she thought they were ' hot '. Thats what brought all the attention to me and set the heckler off ( it was his date and she was diggin my kicks :D ). I gave her the information and asked her to kindly pass it along. Further conversation lead to me asking Janet if she has ever heard of ' Walk a mile in her shoes ' for Breast Cancer.. She had never heard of it. I told her to check out the subject of ' men in heels ' on google and to see for herself that men are joining into the whole ' fashion ' cliche as of late and there are many of us whom just dont give a shit what others think. "Were not out to bother or discriminate against anyone. Were not out to ruffle feathers of go looking for all kinds of attention. We will wear what we want to wear or feel comfortable in. Its up to the ladies to decide if they want to take us home or not.". With that being said, Darian ended the conversation very pleasantly and we left with myself being dragged home by the ear.. and arm.. ouch..

Edited by ilikekicks

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Thanks for the update ILK. Just goes to show people that a**holes who continue to insist on being a**holes get their just reward.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I dunno about most people, but there are some that are what I refer to as a ' polished turd '. Those people that look and sound all nice on the surface but if you scratch the skin.. you know what lies beneath. I dont associate with people like that and its a flaw I have or something very different about me. Ive been known to toss people out of my life for being that way whereas others associate with ' those kinds '. I guess I dont have time or feel that those precious moments of my life are worth more then being around ' those kinds '. The GOOD news though is we were asked back with a better ' pay ' for the next time. :D

• 1 month later...

The GOOD news though is we were asked back with a better ' pay ' for the next time. :D

That is a winner! Just need the icing for the cake, being a bigger venue invite?

Al

Not bigger, same place but a better paycheck. For a 5 piece band + a guy at the board and a roadie to help with things, 1500$ beats 1000$ when split 7 ways. ;)

I've just been tonight to see my little brother's band. Well, I say little, he's 46. They were good, though they're only a cover band. I've never seen my brother with painted nails before, fingers and toes. I naughtily took the chance to heckle affectionately. I was very happy as we haven't seen each other for months.

ilikekicks, why did Darian lead you away by the ear and arm...? Sorry for the dumb question, I didn't get it. lol I wonder what kind of look that girl checking out your shoes was throwing you that her boyfriend got so jealous. ;)

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

I think Darian realizes she has a keeper and intends to do just that.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

ilikekicks, why did Darian lead you away by the ear and arm...? Sorry for the dumb question, I didn't get it. lol

I think it had something to do with preventing a ' cat fight '. I seldom flirt, usually keep to myself. This instance provided me a fresh conversation and a chance to reach out to someone whom seemed to be a very open individual. The problem was, from Darians perspective, ' Just how OPEN was this woman? '.

I dont blame her in the least bit. We all have a tendency to be a bit protective of our interests at times. This was one of hers.

I wonder what kind of look that girl checking out your shoes was throwing you that her boyfriend got so jealous. ;)

Your speaking of the Hecklers girlfriend? I have no idea. Being 100% honest, the guy could probable walk up to me in the daytime and I wouldnt recognize him. Stage lighting and sweat getting into ones eyes can cause havoc on ones sight. I really couldnt tell you what she looked like either. The only one of the group of them I could identify would be Janet. Were what I call ' supervised email buddies ' now.

I think Darian realizes she has a keeper and intends to do just that.

Yep. Good times and the bad. Even the ' really bad ' after recent medical events. It took a LOT of patients on her part dealing with my beep-beep-beeping-beep while I was home ridden. I will be returning the kind gestures as she has surgery coming for a very bad case of Carpel Tunnel.

• 2 months later...

I think you have shown that being confident and not taking crap is usually enough to keep problems at bay. The occasional person that can't see the boundaries will (eventually) be taken care of by their peers. Glad you are doing well with the gigs. You should look into the convention market. My wife's 7-piece band performs a couple days a week all over the world. All expenses are covered and they don't step into a room for less than $6,000. The bar scene is fun but the pay doesn't really cover costs. NYC is a huge convention market, number 3 behind Vegas and Orlando.

Further conversation lead to me asking Janet if she has ever heard of ' Walk a mile in her shoes ' for Breast Cancer.. She had never heard of it.

Just a small correction here; Walk A Mile In Her Shoes is in support of violence against women, not breast cancer.