Most outrageous outfit you ever wore to school?

Anita C.

Were you ever sent home from school to change attire?  

317 members have voted

1. 1. Were you ever sent home from school to change attire?

Once, many years ago, I went to school in a black sweatshirt, black stockings & black matte stilettos . . . :lol: The sweatshirt was long, y'see, but it did cover my stockingtops & garters. . . barely! :( Yup, I got sent home to change. I was sent home to change my SWEAT shirt! I kept the hose & stilettos (5") on! :( I JUST took the poll and selected "YES" . . . I have NO IDEA where the "NO" vote came from, honest! :(

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

I did the goth thing, but I was never sent home from anywhere. I was once told that a T-shirt of a rock band was inappropriate, but I was done classes for the day and I was just hanging around, so I ignored the authority figure. Some teachers see a skull and thing it's satanic. I just think it's what we all have underneath the skin. Okay, so it's all about the goth love of death and all things macabre. :(

• 3 years later...

Ooooh...I've never been sent home for an outfit, but I've done some really weird ones, mostly in middleschool. I dressed in a punk schoolgirl outfit with a plaid skirt, knee-high boots [not much of a heel, like 2 in], white wifebeater, and a blazar with anarchy signs and such spraypainted on it. Another time, I wore a long, black, silver, and pink raver skirt, a black and white shirt with mesh sleeves and print that looked like a comic book, metallic pink and silver shoes [not heels], a purple and blue hairpiece, and a lightup choker necklace. That was probably my most over-the-top outfit for middleschool. Also, I did a victorian-gothic outfit with a long black skirt, fishnets, grannyboots, a shirt that looked like a corset, a chain belt, and lots and lots of vampy makeup. My weirdest outfit in highschool was a mini skirt, with a long wrap skirt with straps and buckles overtop fastened so that the front was open and the back looked long, that corset-looking shirt with a long-sleeved one underneath, striped thigh-his, and chrome-toe platform gothic boots. Now, the weirdest thing I might do is wear a wolf or horse/troll tail to school. I want to go to college, so I must start being taken seriously by my teachers so they can write me nice letters of recommendation.

I wore a leather skirt and knee high stiletto boots boots to school when I was in Year 12 for a casual day. I was told to go home and change but I had some long pants in my locker so I wore those instead but kept the boots :rocker:

• Thanks 1

My high schook along with many others i would imagine have a tradition of "theme" days" during homecoming week. My senior year we had a day that was labeled Biker day. I borrowed a leather mini skirt from my sister and a pair of high heel boots from my mom, paired that with a black halter top and a leather bandana hat. I was picturing this to be a eye open, but to my suprice just about everyother girl was dressed about the same. It was a great day for leather lovers in my high school. That christmas i asked for a leather mini and i recieved two. One longer and one really short. I wore the longer one to school on a few occations.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My most outrageous was worn as an adult, helping out at the Halloween Party behind the bar. French maid outfit with two tutu's underneath, green and purple striped stockings with visible multi clip suspender belt holding them up, 5.5 inch stiletto shoes. Great night .... sold LOADS of beer!

• 6 months later...

I got sent home for wearing a "80's Valley Girl" type mini with white tights and pumps. The principal said it was too short...His daughter always wore ones that were much shorter than mine. I told him that my parents wouldn't come and get me so he took me home so I change....dirty old man Nail Goddess:queen:

• 3 months later...

When I was high school few years back, I often worn tight jeans or riding judpurs tucked into my leather high heel knee boots or OTK boots, sometimes i put on my spurs too. On top I wear white blouse with nice leather jacket or equestrian jacket. I do that usually on Thursday or Friday. The school teachers knew that I am the equestrian team, so they don't bother me at all. Other than that, I do wear jeans and high heel boots often to school. Alicia

• Thanks 1

Boot me up, Boot me down

• 3 months later...

When we had non uniform days and it was really hot I wore a very small crop top that showed my whole stomach, wedges and a tiny rara skirt that covered my arse just about! There is no way I would wear something like that in public now, thinking about it I can't believe I even wore it then, but I spose I was 16! A fair few other people were wearing tops just as small, and skirts just as short, but I was probably the only one wearing both.

I got sent home, and had an issue only once in school. The one time I did was the most rediculous and over exagerated from the school. it was actually the last day of school. Whether they were trying to make an example out of me and a few others or whether it was really that bad...we'll never know!...hehehe. I actually had worn a black long sleeve body stocking top. it was not SHEER at all but one of the ones I had and worn to my gymnastics classes. yes, it was form fitting and tight but was not lowcut or sheer in the least. It was thong back and had no leggings to it and I wore it under a grey lightly pleated mini skirt I had worn on many other occasions. I wore a pair of 4" black stiletto slingback mules with the outfit. I wore a black stretchy-tight leather-look choker and thick anklet that would be the only thing that might have looked slutty. What was rediculous was that I went the first 4 periods with absolutely nothing then I thing I got 'scooped' up with a few people by some of the teachers that 'wanted to make an example' out of something. I was actually in the hallway on the way to my lunch break and one of the teachers grabbed me by my shoulder and said I had to come with him down to the office. I kinda got the idea when I got down to the office and found out what it was about. They took my phone number and said they were calling parents to come and get them for school violations. What a bunch of crap. They tried calling my house 4 times but my mom worked a 10 hour day and well...my dad was living in Texas, 6 states away, so they got no one. After about an hour in the office one of the administration ladies said 'we have you listed as a walker, so I am letting it up to you that you can leave now or we can continue to try and reach your parents to come and get you'. I told her, and she was going crazy cause of all this non-sense, 'I'll walk home, and be out of here, if that's OK with you?' She gave me a letter to sign that I was walking home, I signed it, and left that stupid madness. She just wanted to get people out of there too. My locker was cleaned out so I greabbed my backpack and left the building. My mom had actually registered us as 'walkers' because she had this thing about 'the busses can not be trusted and they will make you late'..... So we lived about 10 blocks away and about a 15 minute walk from the school. So I left the school and walked home alone in my supposedly 'slutty' outfit. I went about 5 blocks in the heels and then, I will admit, took them off and walked the other 5 blocks barefoot. I did really enjoy my time at the office and walking the first 5 blocks in my heels til they started killing my feet. But then again, the hot road was not any better and I ended up barefoot cutting across yards...hehehe Adeana

• Like 1

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

I went through a rebelious period shortly before my school days ended. I often used to wear a tatty old mink coat with very tight ripped jeans, riske blouses and outrageous stiletto pumps. Looking back on it, I think it must have been one of the most difficult years for that school with regard to dress code. I wonder if that had something to do with the line up of the planets?.

• 2 years later...

When I was high school few years back, I often worn tight jeans or riding judpurs tucked into my leather high heel knee boots or OTK boots, sometimes i put on my spurs too. On top I wear white blouse with nice leather jacket or equestrian jacket. I do that usually on Thursday or Friday. The school teachers knew that I am the equestrian team, so they don't bother me at all.

Other than that, I do wear jeans and high heel boots often to school.

Alicia

I can see how the equestrian jacket and tight jeans would be okay for school, even fashionably chic but you wore spurs? That must have really attracted some attention! Are you originally from a place where riding is popular like Dallas, Calgary or Derbyshire?

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I can see how the equestrian jacket and tight jeans would be okay for school, even fashionably chic but you wore spurs? That must have really attracted some attention! Are you originally from a place where riding is popular like Dallas, Calgary or Derbyshire?

I am from toronto

Boot me up, Boot me down

• 1 year later...

Never sent home or even ever spoken to about what I wore. I was always very style conscious and my clothes and shoes were of high quality and expensive so I think that helped.

• 10 years later...

I grew up in England and the high school I went to allowed heels from 9th grade. I wore 3 inch pumps with tan or black pantyhose, and the teachers seemed fine with that. I hated the school uniform they made us wear and would roll up my skirt to make it as short as I could get away with. I was sometimes told off by a teacher but I could always unroll it until they were happy.

I was dating an older guy at the time and he gave me a stockings and garter set for Valentine's day. I'd never tried stockings before and I loved the way they made me feel. It was my birthday a few weeks later and I used the money I was given to buy another garter belt and some more stockings. I only wore them for him to begin with but when my pantyhose picked up a ladder or a hole I replaced them with stockings.

In 10th grade the girls were allowed to choose the color of their uniform and our year voted for burgundy. I was good at sewing so I made my own skirts and jacket. The hem of two of the skirts was just above the knee, but I made a third one that barely covered my stocking tops. I managed to find 4 inch stiletto pumps almost the same shade of burgundy and persuaded Mom to buy two pairs. I was determined to make a big impression on my first day of 10th grade and turned up in my short skirt and a pair of sheer white stockings with black seams. I got plenty of wolf whistles from the boys but as soon as I walked into class the teacher marched me to the year head who gave me a detention and sent me home to change. It wasn't quite the impact I was hoping for.

Cassie

• Like 1