Foot surgery so your high heels fit better

texasbumpkin

Would you have this surgery????  

333 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have this surgery????

First, I wasn't experiencing problems BEFORE the surgery . . . I did it because I'm VAIN!!! Hard to believe, huh. The surgery was done 15 years ago. It was successful. After 2 weeks I was back in 5.5" Stilettos! I have had surgeries before and after my footsies! I've had: Facelift, Tummy tuck, Liposuction (everywhere!), Breast Augmentation & lift (2), hand & wrist (carpel tunnel repair) . . . Yep-I'm kind of an ongoing project! :( My file at the Surgeons is a 3-ring binder that is almost full ! Working hard to correct the effects of time & gravity! My Surgeon has performed surgery to narrow the foot on several folks of BOTH genders/sexes. O U C H ! Yes, the surgeries were elective. NO, my insurance didn't cover them :( Any other questions? Bring 'em on! OOPS! No, I have no regrets & will probably have more done as time marches on!

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I have not had toes shorten or removed (which I have seen) but my tendons re-done after one was torn. They are both shortened so my heels are not able to touch the ground but allows me to wear higher heels. Sheryl

I have a good 20 years to go, but have a few friends in their 40's and I have noticed, and if I were them, now, I'd have the surgery. I would.

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK...this might be a wierd reply, but it kinda relates to this. 'YES' I have been wearing a lot of pointy toe heels and shoes over the course of the years lately. 'YES' I was gettign ready to out one eve and had a dress on and a pair of strappy stiletto sandals. 'YES' I noticed that my big toe on each foot was pointing in toward the rest of my toes and kinda formed a '^' and the straps held them there like that without any pain, discomfort, etc. it kinda surprised me how much '^' they kinda took! I am guessing it is from wearing pointy toe shoes so much??

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

• 2 weeks later...

I would never imagine this could be done. It just never came to my mind it could be the problem. I wouldn't do it myself, but I guess it's fine, if someone thinks it has to be done :thumbsup: After all, we whiten our teeth, do our nails, take care of our skin and hair, so why not toes?

Iv been wearing stilettos now for about 15 years,what iv noticed is a largening of both big toe joints and when in high heel sandals my big toes angle was very pointy across,i strugle some times to get my large big toe joints in my slim dainty shoes,so for me Yes i will consider having surgery to correct my feet if they become more out of shape.

shaz

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a topic for every one to thing about.....

Would you have surgery to shorten your toes so that your shoes fit better????

Couldnt you just buy decent quality shoes that would fit well, maybe made to measure?

Undergoing surgery so shoes fit better seems a bit drastic to me, i do sometimes have problems with getting shoes to fit comfortably due to having odd sized feet, but i doubt i would ever shorten my toes to accommodate a shoe...

• 1 month later...

Would you have surgery to shorten your toes so that your shoes fit better????

I think it's a very lazy way to go just because you can't be bothered to find shoes that are properly fitting.

My god what if your hat was too small!

:winkiss:

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, I agree. Unless you want to wear high heels permanently, altering your feet can impact the way you do other things when not wearing heels. I tend to be active in tennis, I enjoy a good run from time to time, and there are days when I just need to relax from wearing heels.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

I am told that I have an attractive foot and my toes are nice as well. I have no problems at all in my usual four-inche stiletto and sometimes five inches. That and having one foot make me say that I would not consider the surgery. And, ditto about Joan Rivers, sad that she cannot just be herself. E