London, Uk Meet (Nov 30/dec 1)

iloveboots

Worldwide Heel Meet  

42 members have voted

1. 1. would you attend a Worldwide Heel Meet in London, UK Nov 30/Dec 2, 2012 weekend?

• 2 weeks later...

No problem, understandable. Any ideas for organizers in London?

I no longer live in London so it will be difficult for me...

10th Annual Worldwide Heel Meet Update. My own personal travel plans have changed and I am no longer able to travel to the UK at the end of November, so will miss the 10th Annual meet. Very dissappointed! However, the Saturday dedicated Pub for the day is booked and arranged (The Horse) and I am hoping one of our local London members will pick up the planning and follow through with handling the meet? If anyone is interested please PM me and I will send along all the details, contacts for the Saturday Pub arrangement (11am-4pm on Dec 1). What is left to do is (a) plan an evening dinner location for Saturday night (Dec 1) and also a Friday, Nov 30 dinner/club location plus any other arrnagements one wants to make, and ( B) promote and update the thread plus the calender.

My apologies for being unable to follow through to the meet but work got int he way.

Cheers,

David

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

It would be impossible to do so unless you had someone in London to actually visit the venue (to ensure it's suitable), meet the owner/manager, pay the deposit (in cash) and otherwise do all the "back-of-the-scenes" running around that must be done before the meet can go ahead. Just like Heelfan and I did for the last one.

However, if you want to have a go yourself, please feel free to do so...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I agree Dr Shoe. Organizing long distance heel meets is very difficult.

It would be impossible to do so unless you had someone in London to actually visit the venue (to ensure it's suitable), meet the owner/manager, pay the deposit (in cash) and otherwise do all the "back-of-the-scenes" running around that must be done before the meet can go ahead. Just like Heelfan and I did for the last one.

However, if you want to have a go yourself, please feel free to do so...

I have not heard from anyone by October 15 from the UK (preferably London area) who would be willing to take on the final organization of the Nov 30/Dec 1 - 10th Annual Worldwide Heel Meet. If I don't hear from someone in the enxt few weeks we will have to cancel the event and release the day booked at the Horse Pub for the Meet on Dec 1st (only fair thing to do for the Horse Pub owner)

David

The big problem is that these days so many guys are just going out and doing it that we don't really need the security in numbers that we had at heel meets.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hi Dr Shoe,

Good point and I agree. Though I hope we haven't lost the desire to engage and meet socially as that was the true value of us all getting together; great friendships and memories.

David

The big problem is that these days so many guys are just going out and doing it that we don't really need the security in numbers that we had at heel meets.

Hi Bernheels,

Great to hear from you. Drop me a PM. let's stay in touch. Always enjoy heading out for a night of heeling with you. Some great fun in the past!

David

Hi David,

Been awhile! Hope all is well!

London is to far and expensive for me. Keep me tuned in if yo do another Toronto or are ever in my area, Grand Rapids, MI.

Bernheels

I agree Dr Shoe. Organizing long distance heel meets is very difficult.

I have not heard from anyone by October 15 from the UK (preferably London area) who would be willing to take on the final organization of the Nov 30/Dec 1 - 10th Annual Worldwide Heel Meet. If I don't hear from someone in the enxt few weeks we will have to cancel the event and release the day booked at the Horse Pub for the Meet on Dec 1st (only fair thing to do for the Horse Pub owner)

David

Have you reached out to Heelfan about this? Check your PM box....

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 2 weeks later...

As we have had no volunteers step up to take on the 10th Annual Worldwide Heel Meet Nov30/Dec1 it is now cancelled. I am contacting the Horse Pub and releasing the booking we hold for Dec 1. sorry this did not work out everyone. David

• 3 weeks later...