A Tale of Two Heels

post-1115-133522979816_thumb.jpg

A while back I found these Nine West Giddy boots on sale at a local Nine West Outlet Store. I could not resist, so I tried them on. The fit was excellent. Walking around on the carpet in the store was OK too. So I took them home, even though I was not real happy with the stiletto heel.

I stopped in one day to visit my favorite shoe repair guy. When I asked him about replacing the heels with Block Heels, he told me he could not get 5 inch Block Heels. So I put the boots away.

post-1115-133522979822_thumb.jpg

A while later I saw a pair of size 12 pumps at Target.com with 5 inch Block Heels.

They also were on sale at a pretty good price, so I ordered them.

post-1115-133522979828_thumb.jpg

I compared the pumps, side by side with the boots. Then I thought, umm, Maybe I can just switch the heels. Which I did.

post-1115-13352297983_thumb.jpg

After a final switch, with some longer screws and some glue, then some black leather dye for the heels, I Now have a pair of "Custom" Nine West, 5 Inch Block Heel Boots.

Much easier to walk in and much more stable with the Block Heels.

I also think with the platform, the thicker heels just look better with these boots. But anyway, now I enjoy wearing them often.

I am still working on attaching the stiletto heels to the pumps just for fun. Then I suppose I will give them away if anyone wants them.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Those heels improve those boots no end. I also like the boots in your avatar too, where did you get them?

• Like 1

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Those heels improve those boots no end. I also like the boots in your avatar too, where did you get them?

Thank You Dr Shoe! I Agree, The heavier heels look much more balanced.

The Boots in my avatar are from Nine West. The model is Amrit.

http://www.endless.com/dp/B0050GD4UC?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_r=0MXDRRGDTN8QQZ2KF3T9&pf_rd_m=AF16NM0QF9TKW&pf_rd_t=2901&pf_rd_i=3001&pf_rd_p=1325305562&pf_rd_s=right-1

The are on off season sale. US $169.00 now, $59.97, With free Shipping.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

• 2 weeks later...