In your relationship

Amanda

Sorry. Was trying to be witty (never a good idea), not meaning to sow confusion.

I realized that Meg and it made me smile.

However it did remind me that not everyone here would understand such British colloquialism.

• 2 months later...

Me. And he knows it only too well ;-) After a long time on my own, then a shambles of a relationship, my independence is paramount. If he doesn't like who or what I am, he can walk - I'm not changing myself for anyone and won't be pushed around. I'm in charge of who I am and am better-paid. than he is. I looked after myself before he came along and can do so again. He struggles with "not being needed" but I'll never be dependent on anyone. It's extremely empowering. Possibly too much so. I may have turned into a bit of a hard-faced, defensive bi**h !!! x

I usually "wear the pants," as we would say in the U.S. Most of the time it is pretty equal--neither of us require each other's permission to do anything, much less for spending money. Not to say that we don't discuss things, it's just that neither one of us needs to authorize everything. There are certain aspects that I have more control of and others that he does. How about you, Amanda? Now I'm curious :)

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I' m a Domme and my husband is my submissive (in fact, one of them) :rocker: We live in a 24/7 dom/sub relationship.

I had a sneaky suspicion that may be the case. I approve wholeheartedly.

We should compare notes sometime :-)