For the Hecklers..

This is falling in line with the theme of this thread. I stated we should start a campaign to ' Heckle the Hecklers! ' , thus I'll take Center Stage on the issue, LITERALLY! ( Actually, I was on the left side of the stage.. )

http://www.hhplace.org/everybody/21439-hecklers.html

We had a gig yesterday. I normally dont sing, just do minor backing vocals as I have no voice worth speaking of.

One of the idiots sitting at a more forward table must have had a ' gender confusion ' issue and didnt know what to think of me. Some comments, smiles, laughs..

After a while it gets old. Actually, very quickly, it gets annoying.

After one of our songs, there were some women with him at his table and I just HAD to see what this guys problem was.

' Good sir, any requests? '. Yep. I said something into a microphone! It shocked EVERYONE ( Our drummer said WTF is he doing?!?! ).

The guy asked me something in regards to what I liked, men or women..

So I replied ' Well, I like Charvel or Jackson Guitars, Boogie Amps, this club, most of its crowd and I also like the English language. Were you requesting Dude looks like a lady by Aerosmith? '

So.. seeing as we knew it, we played it ( I HATE that F-ing song! ). The guy was MIFFED Beyond belief and wasnt happy at all.

When the song ended he was saying something, probably profane and I saw the bouncers moving in his direction so. I decided to say something again..

" What that? I really cant make out what your saying but I think I understand the problem. Your saying something in another language or your incoherant and here in this country illegally OR.. Your too stupid to realize that A.) I have a brain and B.) I have a very loud P.A. System so people can hear what I have to say a lot better then you! Have a good night "

They tossed the idiot out.

Took a lot of compliments about my Boots. I wore the NineWest ' pinktops '. They are easily my favorite pair of footware right now.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Priceless, simply priceless. Doesn't get any better than that.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I've seen Billy Connolly use the PA line. Jo Brand, one of our funniest women here in Britain, takes a more direct line that I can't bring myself to type.

I do recall a similar comment from a comedian from quite while back and it DID in fact influence what I said.

It was the best thing to say at the time though :wavey:

Oh, absolutely. I was expressing approval, not accusing you of plagiarism. I hate heckling, it's so rude and disrespectful. The other thing Billy Connolly says is, "Look, it's very simple. When the light's on me that means it's my turn."

That,s the way to do it. Exert control make him the fool drawing attention from the "management" Keep the banter clean from the stage.* And out he goes! End of issue! Handled well. How did the rest of the audience and particularly his table react on his removal? * We had a band in the UK called ""he Heavy Metal Kids" (last time i saw them they were supporting Alice Cooper on the Nightmare tour). Always got into a slanging match with bad language (very bad) and regularly got booed off! Problem was they were pretty poor musically to start with added to booze and whatever they were never destined to go far, I'm not sure if I remember them completing a full set. Al

How did the rest of the audience and particularly his table react on his removal?

Al

The 3 women that were with him.. they werent happy. They just left right behind him on their own. They didnt seem pleased. Dont know if they were miffed due to their guy being bounced or my comments. I could care less either way.

I'm done with hecklers of any kind. Im done with idiots whom make comments just to rile up others and spoil everyones fun in the process.

You're so right. If you're so funny, get on stage, show us. But they never are, because being funny, or being able to perform in any way takes so much effort and preparation and attention to detail and timing and courage and... Ooh, love that feeling when you come off stage and it's all gone well, but you've paid for it before. The heckler wants the glory without the work. No, he's a parasite, he wants the glory off your work.

• 2 weeks later...

Poor guy. And there's still many like it. But at least you're doing your part :unsure: If we could just say 'eff it' and do what we do, I'm sure the close-minded will be ousted, thus improvement on your part and lifetime embarrassment on them will happen. Like one famous movie line: "Everything you did to me.....always done to you."

Formally "HHDude"

• 1 month later...

These heckling encounters remind me of one witnessed by a friend many years ago when he saw the comedian Freddie Starr on stage in Bournemouth. (For those unfamiliar with him, Freddie is a somewhat manic comedian/impressionist whose live shows are quite 'adult' in their content.)

A somewhat inebriated man man sitting near the front started to heckle Freddie in a mild way soon after he started; it was disruptive rather than offensive. Freddie tolerated it initially but then told the man that he must be the bloke responsible for 'putting the mouth into Bournemouth' - and then swiftly added: 'and weren't you in Scunthorpe when I played there last week?. Not everyone in the audience understood the remark but it apparently achieved its purpose!

We Americans are totally in the dark. Can you explain this one Puffer?

Take the s off of Scunthorpe and read only the first four letters, it's the only real taboo word left in our country, most people really don't like it. Google it if you don't know it's meaning.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

We Americans are totally in the dark. Can you explain this one Puffer?

Take the s off of Scunthorpe and read only the first four letters, it's the only real taboo word left in our country, most people really don't like it. Google it if you don't know it's meaning.

Foxy beat me to it! Yes, the joke was in the 'hidden' word in each place name, i.e. Bournemouth and Scunthorpe, being (allegedly) an appropriate description of the heckler.

They say "never criticize people who buy ink by the barrel". The same goes for people who have, and know how to use, a microphone! Don't hold out much hope for your heckler learning anything though. Such idiots seem to have inordinately thick skulls and not much to fill them.

Have a happy time!