Ballet Flats

Jabble

Do you like ballet flats?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like ballet flats?

• Yes, and I own at least one pair.
    • Yes, and I will buy my first pair real soon.
    • Yes, but I will never buy them.
    • No.

I never used to, but recently I've seen a lot of girls wearing them with black opaque tights and I've developed a liking for the look. I don't own a pair yet but if I find a nice pair...

It's a cute look.

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

Call me pedantic, but I can't see why a question like this should arise on a High Heelswebsite. Sorry if this upsets anyone, but just wondered.

This website is about more then just High heels it's about comrodery. And our shared love of female shoes. rather they be 8 inch platform heels or ballet flats. We joke around about not wearing flats but i own 1 pair and they get a lot of wear. I also have 2 pairs of 6 inch heels but i only wear them every so often.

There is a thread thing in the "for the girls" forum about trousers, nothing about shoes/high heels at all. I started a topic in the "for the guys" about utilikilts sometime ago and it got removed soon there after. I'm going to see how long the one about trousers stays on.

There is a thread thing in the "for the girls" forum about trousers, nothing about shoes/high heels at all. I started a topic in the "for the guys" about utilikilts sometime ago and it got removed soon there after. I'm going to see how long the one about trousers stays on.

I know the thread you're speaking of and it has absolutely nothing to do with trousers. It's a head of household discussion. The women wanted a place where they could discuss whatever they want within reason without any guys in the discussion and that is exactly what they got. It's a moot point.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Like several others here, I use ballerinas sometimes as slippers for around the house - comfortable, and easy to slip on and off. I have worn out a couple of pairs, and currently have one brown pair in suede, and one black patent leather pair. As with most "women´s" shoes, there is a huge variety of styles. But wearing high heels is much more fun :wavey:

I wore my ballet flats in public for the first time today. The reactions were pretty much the same as when I wear heels: mostly no reaction but a few discrete glances and double-takes (but strangely without the occasional smile that high-heels evoke)... so the challenges are pretty similar in that respect. My biggest dilemma in the flats was to avoid scuffing the trousers, the length of which was more suited to the heels I changed into later. Turn-ups worked this time (with bootcut jeans) but I can't see that working with more formal trousers. I guess leggings or skinny jeans are more flexible for changing between flats and heels.

If you like it, wear it.

I love ballet flats!!! I have a ton of pairs of flats, both ballet flats and other styles. I don't think there is anything wrong with loving shoes in general. (though I despise mens shoes, so, alas, I am a hypocrite)

• 4 months later...

I had and I still own a few pairs of ballet flats that are quite easy to wear outside as well as use as slippers (easy to slip on and off), but I don't like them as much as moderate heels because my heels ache at the end of the day when I wear them all day long. In other words, I quite like ballet flats but they seem to be too flat for my feet...

I love any style of pumps, being high or flat heels, as long as it is at least a little pointy. I don't like round or square toes. For the flat-friendly folks, here is an excellent example of a pair of flats I own that might be interesting, as it is a "classic high heel pumps without heels" :)

http://hhplace.org/gallery/album/241-my-flats/

These are Ivanka Trump "Annulio" in size 12m - http://www.amazon.com/Ivanka-Trump-Womens-Annulio-Medium/dp/B005ILVIX4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346368806&sr=8-1&keywords=ivanka+trump+annulio

I have a couple pairs of flats myself - both are pointed toe slingbacks in black suede. I remember seeing the girls wear them thoughout middle school and high school and found the shoes really cute on them. Yeah, some ballet flats are cute, even when worn with black opaques that I've seen recently. I've mentioned this a couple times on my other posts as well - I've worn slingback flats w/pantyhose under my jeans in public with the intent of trying on heels in store. I'm still in that subconscious state of wearing heels outright in public, so I consider this my gateway.

I once owned a pair before the last purge. I intended to wear them as slippers in the morning. It didn't work as planned : they were really fine, in real leather but my bare feet sweat a lot. The inner soles were ruined in no time. Since that I understood I would always have to wear socks or hose, thus the interest I had in them (can be put on quickly) vanished.

I don't like the look of someone wearing ballet flats with socks, it just doesn't look nice maybe just to keep there feet warm of course, does anyone else think the same?

For sure I prefer bare feet or hosiery with flats, and with heels too for that matter. Even opaque tights is fine but that's very different to socks. The only time I'll wear socks is with boots (heels or flats) and it's fun to wear cute socks even if they can't be seen. I'll maybe wear ankle socks with shoe-boots but they wouldn't be visible, just for comfort.

If you like it, wear it.

Well, I've succumbed to the allure of ballet flats as I just bought my first pair today: http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat40116&skuId=095042130&productId=70104&lotId=095042&category=&catdisplayName=Womens# Bought these at Payless today, called "Millie", these patent shoes with a bow up front were so cute, I just HAD to buy a pair. Regarding the topic of wearing socks with flats, nahhhhh! Doesn't look right to me. Hosiery? Sure thing, socks, nope. And yes, I will wear my new shoes outside! Heck, I can't wait to take them out for a spin!

Edited by JeffB

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Time to unlurk! I have loved women's shoes since I was small (like so many of you) and always preferred flats. Ballet flats have a special place in my shoe love so here is a pair that I got about a year ago. I loved them so much I had them sent from the UK to the US of A! Shipping was about half the cost of the shoes. I hope to post more pics as time goes on. I am a huge boot fan and with winter coming up I plan to get out in some boots, flat and heeled.

Posted Image

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I too have many pairs of flats (I must have at least 20 pairs)

They too have lovely styles.

I particularly like peep-toed flats.

Cheers

Heel-Lover

Me too, and I love wearing them with jeans!

SInce I am a shoe lover, I do own flats. However, no matter how stylish and fun they are, if I am crossing gender lines with footwear, I prefer heels.

Style is built from the ground up!

I do own one pair of flats called Avery bow flat bought from payless. They are cute, not much padding on the insole tho. I am a ten wide Had to by a 9 wide because the 10 wide I walked right out of, I can get away walking our dog Vee-Cee out side wearing these flats no-one even notices except my wifes friend Laura who says hey! Gibby is walking your dog wearing his ballerina bow flats L.O.L Flats are a change of pace and at Payless not to expensive so why not? I like my strappy 4 inch heels any day of the week! But I do not regret having this pair of flats And my wife Jennifer Thinks they look pretty on me!

I love any style of pumps, being high or flat heels, as long as it is at least a little pointy. I don't like round or square toes.

For the flat-friendly folks, here is an excellent example of a pair of flats I own that might be interesting, as it is a "classic high heel pumps without heels" :)

These are Ivanka Trump "Annulio" in size 12m - http://www.amazon.co...a trump annulio

I would love to slip into those and the rest of your shoes, you have good taste!

Do flat sandals count?? I do not have any ballet flats, but own many pairs of flat women's sandals. I started wearing flat sandals as a teen, and "migrated" to heels about 20 years ago. I still wear the flat sandals, but now prefer something with a heel. Back to ballet flats, I have considered getting a pair, maybe some day. My most recent pair of flat sandals purchased was from Payless, the "Rock Star" thongs, very nice looking and comfy... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

When I first went to high school and began noticing girls ballet flats were the shoes of choice for these young girls. One even modeled hers for us. Since then I've always considered ballet flats to be the only flats that look both feminine and sexy on a woman. Since they seem to be back in fashion again I too went over to the Dark Side and ordered some. And again I discovered that my size in ballet flats is smaller then in high heels. Not as much as with strappy heels though. For heels I go for a size US 13 or 14, but for ballet flats my size seems to be a US 12. Oddly enough in UK sizes I'm not a 10 ( as a US 12 is usually a UK 10) but a 9. I like 'm in black, brown, gold and bronze leather mostly, with a little bow(but not a big one) on top. They're great slippers and so far the only female footwear I wear outside the house.

I have one pair of black ballet pumps and I really like the style, they're very comfortable and pretty. I have another 3 pairs in different colours but they don't have the little string tied as a bow at the fron so I guess technically they're not "ballet" flats without that?

If you like it, wear it.

I have one pair of black ballet pumps and I really like the style, they're very comfortable and pretty. I have another 3 pairs in different colours but they don't have the little string tied as a bow at the fron so I guess technically they're not "ballet" flats without that?

Based on what my eBay searches constantly bring up I'd say otherwise. ;)