Heelless shoes - what's the point?

heelma

Whenever I see styles like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fetish-Bondage-Rubber-PVC-Heelless-No-Heel-Over-The-Knee-Boot-Extreme-BDSM-NEW-/120826352529?pt=US_Women_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item1c21cfd391

I am wondering what the difference is between a shoe like this and an 8" platform shoe with 4" platform by Pleaser for $50, after I take out my saw and cut the heel off?

Can someone please explain?

A new take on something worn usually with heels. OR The up-and-coming new pony heels, without your feet touching the ground. OR Hot new bondage/fetish items! OR Shoes with absolutely NO point whatsoever. ^It's what I think some members would say, haha.

Formally "HHDude"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fetish-Bondage-Rubber-PVC-Heelless-No-Heel-Over-The-Knee-Boot-Extreme-BDSM-NEW-/120826352529?pt=US_Women_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item1c21cfd391

I am wondering what the difference is between a shoe like this and an 8" platform shoe with 4" platform by Pleaser for $50, after I take out my saw and cut the heel off?

I agree. What is the point of wearing high heels, if there are no heels?

Have you ever tried them, so you can actually pass judgment of them? That's the point.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I've no doubt there are many on here that believe that heelless shoes are ridiculous because they do not fit in with what they perceive to the the norm. There again, to the majority of the population the idea of of man wearing high heels is equally ridiculous. I perceive, having seen them worn, that they provide a new level of challenge for the wearer, who no longer can relax by rocking back on the heel. The properly designed shoe has a smoother profile than a heeled shoe and gives more of an impression to the onlooker that the wearer is actually walking on her toes in perfect balance. Of course, as the OP points out, you could just take a platform heel shoe and cut of the heel. It would serve the same purpose but that also indicates to me that the OP has little or no interest in style and elegance of a shoe design when worn as it is meant to be worn.

There can be relatively few of us here at HHP who have seen them worn, let alone worn them ourselves. There are also a number of different styles. I have seen these being worn recently at the LFF: http://triplel.co.uk/shop/boots-shoes/pony-boots/strappy-knee-high-pony-boots/

They attracted a lot of attention and IMO they look better in reality than on the website. The girls who tried them seemed to walk quite easily and confidently. I wasn't in a position to try them myself (they didn't have my size to hand) and TBH I'd only want to find out what they feel like rather than own a pair. Whether on a woman or man I'd place them as club, fetish or fancy dress wear only.

There are other styles of heelless shoes that might be better as high fashion items. Possibly the Office ones linked by jamie1608 though I'm sure I've seen others that are more elegant.

Those from Office are a knock off of the Natacha Marro design for Daphne Guinness. I bought a similar design pair for shoots, made by Imakebootsngloves.

http://www.hhplace.org/album.php?albumid=573&pictureid=6494

The make pictures by the OP, I also have in an ankle boots and shoe, which have been tried by Persephone who had no problems in either pair, although I haven't done any shoots with them as yet.

the word fetish has eluded you i think they are to hot to handle

Cutting the heels off of platforms will cause you to walk on your toes all the time. The heelless shoes/boots are designed with an extended sole to the rear and a more ridged

Cutting the heels off of platforms will cause you to walk on your toes all the time. The heelless shoes/boots are designed with an extended sole to the rear and a more ridged

yes, some pony boots have that. I agree that this style is different. But look at the pair on ebay that I have in my original post. I don't see this additional support there anywhere.

http://www.solestruck.com/jeffrey-campbell-night-walk-black-suede/index.html

Jeffrey Campbells' Night Walks, from what I've seen on numerous fashion blogs, are all the rage to the ladies. Course, I wish I could say the same for the guys. Thought some would be on-board, seeing that many nabbed his Litas in almost a heartbeat. But I can also tell a huge difference between having heels (Litas) and no heels (Night Walks).

Yet, I find myself fancying a pair of both someday...

Formally "HHDude"

• 2 months later...

Heelless shoes, what's the point? In my case I occasionally like something different, or something extreme, and heelless is different and occasionally extreme. For example look at these from Milanoo.com: http://www.milanoo.c...ts-p145272.html

They're about as extreme as anyone could want. Including the hidden platforms, the heels are about 9 1/2 inches high and the soles slope from 3 inches at the ball of the foot to 1 1/2 inches at the end of the toes.

The toes are squared off, and the boot tops are 13 inches. Although there are no zippers, the laces slide easily through the grommets so they can be put on and off in just a minute.

Except for the lack of painful toes, they're almost like walking in ballet heels.

post-37-0-02624400-1337963512_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-23850300-1337963521_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-91669800-1337963535_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-53887700-1337963546_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-75597500-1337963565_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-32541200-1337963581_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-23024400-1337963593_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-23024400-1337963593_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-79768100-1337963754_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-04132200-1337963765_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-79755700-1337963782_thumb.jpg

Onyourtoes. I've seen your boots on the Milanoo site. I think they'd be great for some types of play. May I ask if they are reasonably well made and true to size?

Edited by Bundy999

Yes, the boots appear to be well made and fit true to size. There was no leather choice when I ordered. Money saving hint: create an account on Milanoo.com and let them send you email, they seem to have free shipping about once a month -- saved me $20.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the concept behind this design. The problems lie when they cross over into the "fetish" catagory. The quality standard on "fetish" shoes is pathetic. The materials are a joke, they look cheap and the fit is usually poor. Giuseppe Zanotti makes what can be best described as a "sculpted wedge" and its beautiful in my opinion. I've seen them in peep toe ankle boots, strappy sandals and closed toe pumps. The closed to pumps are not to my liking, they look too bulky, but the sandals are amazing! I'm sure you can find photos if you google......"Giuseppe Zanotti sculpted wedge"

• 1 month later...

I'll have to admit I really like the Jeffrey Campbell Nightwalks. Urban Outfitters has them, and from pictures of women wearing them, I think they are awesome. I wouldn't mind trying them myself if I could justify the price. :fine:

Alix, The shoes you posted are more of a trick of the eye than you think. If you look at the point where the heel touched the floor its not that different from a 'normal' heel. Plus if you factor in that they are probably well designed and balanced I would think you might be pleasantly suprised how 'easy' they would be to walk in.

Edited by benno

Good point benno. Most of these shoes have what I would call a virtual heels. Structurally the platform is built to not require a heel for stability.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 4 weeks later...

Got my Jeffrey Campbell Nightwalks today. Wow, those are high. I might have to reconsider whether I want to attempt wearing them on Halloween. They are surprisingly easy to walk in and fit beautifully though. Even going up and down stairs is no sweat, they are quite stable. I don't think I'd try driving in them though, that seems risky.

post-1101-0-40384300-1345849744_thumb.jp

post-1101-0-32946100-1345849752_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...