Ballet heel sizing

Northflower

I also drilled the 10s. I think so far they are the best ones. I can take a few steps in them but once I get going I can't stop unless I have something to grab onto lol. Maybe the 9s would be even better if I also cut/drill them. But that's for another day. Still good fun tho :wavey:

I tried my ballet boots again today (the 9s who are not modified) for the first time in a week. I didn't stay in them really long, only to take a few steps and somehow from last time I could walk alot better in them, I was able to take steps while controlling myself and being able to stop by myself without holding to anything, I was pretty happy :wavey: They still hurt like hell, but in a good way heh. Still I wish I could try 8s, but I guess I would have to cut the heel on those too anyways.

I'm glad you are still at it and you will find the more you practice the better you will get at walking. If you can find some of that plastic packaging padding that looks like frosted glass.( feels waxy like a milk container) It comes in different thickness. I use this to padding in my boots along with the blue rubber Leo ballet point shoe toe cap padding. I have been able to last 2 hrs walking with this padding before my toes get to the point where I have to stop. Wearing ballet boots requires your thigh muscles to be very strong and it takes a while for this strength to happen. Ballet dancers have very strong leg muscles along with being very flexable. Seeing how I haven't been practicing for a long time I'm having to almost start over building up my leg muscles so that I can stand up straight without bending my knees much. If you have a hallway in your house this is a great place to practice as you can use the walls to help with balance while walking also place a chair at one end so you can rest after practicing for a while. Take your time and soon you will be walking like a ballet dancer. Best to you. Dr Who 3

That is where the packaging padding works for me. I cut 1 or 2 pices 1/8" thick in the shape of my fore foot and hold them in place while I slip my foot in the boot. I have found this to be the best padding for me and really makes the boots comfortable expecially on the top of my toes and fore foot. I haven't tried the cut to shape stress ball for the tips of my toes as the thicker 1/4" packaging material works for this but I would like to give it a try. Because the packaging material crushes after a while of walking and I have to replace it. I tried to stiffen up the toe box area (like real pointe shoes) of my boots with fiberglass material but this didn't work well as I had hoped because the toe box became too stiff and dug into my fore foot causing a lot of pain. Ill have to try something else to keep my toe box from crushing further. Dr. Who 3

• 3 weeks later...

Had given this a lot of consideration. The Pleaser is just all wrong. The heel comes too long the angle of the heel is way too steep from the heel to the toe tip is too soft the space inside the lower part is way too big and to top it off it is not foot shape. Some of why I am making my own design.