Your WORST Idea of a Lady's Shoe (fun pics please!)

Heelfan

Just a bit of fun! We've all looked down at some frumpy ladies' feet and GROANED despairingly at the monstrosities worn theron! Photographs of similarly ghastly shoes appear on some of the on-line suppliers' sites (Zappo etc.?) especially those catering for the elderly, the prudes, the frumps, the killjoys and the opponents of fashion. Why not have great fun by posting a pic your most HORRIBLE pet hate of a shoe - your worst nightmare of a comfy loafer, fireside slipper, elasticated comfort-boot, galosh, prissy flatee, bulbous bootee, folk-singer's sandal, trainspotters' lace-up or clumpy road-repairing clunker - give us all a laugh (or a dreadful fright)! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no pic, but i think the most repullsive style at the moment is these 'duck' shoes. the court with an elastic front that points the toe in the air and about a 1in V noisy heel. Those are annoying, yet loads of women wear them as if theyre the top of fashions musts. Im proud to think i probably look better in my boots as a man than they think they do.

Those shoes that LL Bean has. I don't remember what they're called but they have molded rubber bottoms that cover most of the foot and leather uppers with laces. I think they're supposed to be for hunters and fishermen, but instead are usually worn by the tree-hugging set.

Michael

no pic, but i think the most repullsive style at the moment is these 'duck' shoes. the court with an elastic front that points the toe in the air and about a 1in V noisy heel. Those are annoying, yet loads of women wear them as if theyre the top of fashions musts.

Im proud to think i probably look better in my boots as a man than they think they do.

What are you trying to say? My daughter wears those!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Dr Shoe, What are you saying? that your daughter actually wears them? It's DEVASTATING that the daughter of none other than the mega-celebrated pillar of the high heel community Dr. Shoe is wearing those! They've already been admirably maligned on these forums by Xaphod and others before they came to Daz's notice! They're 'orrible, they're nasty, get them outahear! Oh no, sorry, this is the ugly shoes threas isn't it? Get 'em in here! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I don't like the look of those duck elastic courts, but they are the throwaway fashion of the year so why not have a fling with them. Change is good, well a couple of days a week anyway...

Back on topic I found a picture of these on a website somewhere. They rate 0/10 with me :(

Posted Image

Okay, Birkenstocks. I mean, are we living several thuosand years in the past? We can't be, even the Romans had nice footwear for men and women, with nice lacing and all that.

Why women wear these dreadful aboniations of humanity's ability to create footwear is beyond me!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Different variations, but all ugly. Come on, at least get some color, some little patterns cut into the fabric, something!

(Worse still, the front page of the Birkenstock site I took the pics from had someone wearing brown socks with a pair of these ugly brown sandals! It's almost enough to go live barefoot in a dark cave!)

Okay, Birkenstocks. I mean, are we living several thuosand years in the past? We can't be, even the Romans had nice footwear for men and women, with nice lacing and all that.

Why women wear these dreadful aboniations of humanity's ability to create footwear is beyond me!

[Different variations, but all ugly. Come on, at least get some color, some little patterns cut into the fabric, something!

Because they're dead comfy!

I have a pair :( !

Mind you, they're pink toe posts with diamante studs so will you let me off? Please?

No! Not the nettles! Anything but that!!!!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Oh, it's quite the lorry load of nettles for you, we'll toss ya in, drive down a very bumpy road somewhere in Scotland (yes, long drive to be lying in a mess o' nettles), and then force yas to eat a bowl of nettle soup! Hey, I saw this cook on some show called Cook on the Wild Side do something with them. Still, ye been warned, hear? Comfy should never ever have to mean ugly. And I mean it with a capital UGH. :( heehee

• 2 weeks later...

Those shoes that LL Bean has. I don't remember what they're called but they have molded rubber bottoms that cover most of the foot and leather uppers with laces. I think they're supposed to be for hunters and fishermen, but instead are usually worn by the tree-hugging set.

Uh... Duckfoot, or Duckboots.

Yes, good for the elements, but not for fashion!

Now, here's this. I don't know if it fits the criteria for this thread. But I found these on eBay. Thought they were a little "off beat." Posted Image

If anyone want's to see the rest of what is offered check out:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3441625537&category=45331

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

>> Now, here's this. I don't know if it fits the criteria for this thread. But I found these on eBay. Thought they were a little "off beat." <<

Christian Dior have been making really wierd shoes for the last couple of years now.

I'm not sure if they have lost the plot, or are several years ahead of everyone else (a la Vivienne Westwood in the 1980s).

I get absolutely no turn-on from sneakers or sneaker-like footwear. It reminds me of bad smells. Macy's has had this style of boot on display for several months, so I guess someone must be buying them. It will all pass though. I just can't see it becoming "classic" like Frye or Zodiac over-the-knees or Cobbie's dress boots.

I also don't care for boots with center seams although I don't absolutely despise them. Whenever I buy boots online, I ask the seller whether they have center seams unless it is clear from the illustration. I just can't explain why I feel this way.

Nothing I would ever wear:

Michael

Heres a pair that are kind of --- well, unusual?

Posted Image

The caption reads:

This hand made California creation with a wood bottom, and circular metal heel with a leather upper in a very artistic style. Available in size 6-13

$179.00

(can be found at:http://www.skyscraperheels.com/boots/index.htm )

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.