Heel Lifts in Trainers

I recently picked up a pair of heel lifts with the idea that I would drop them into my wife's high top trainers. The problem is that they lift her foot out of the supported heel area. I'm a little worried she might hurt herself. Any ideas on how to reinforce the heel area, to give her more support?

...to give her more support?

Boots (even ankle boots) would provide the ultimate amount of ankle support. I understand you desire to try to give her some additional height. But any tradeoff in stability I think is a step backwards.

If you want you wife to go higher, maybe the best option is to pick up a pair of boots: plenty of ankle support, maybe a wider (block) heel - so your wife has no sense of instability while she's in them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the insights. I understand that most people on this forum won't understand the point of this. She's no fan of wedge trainers (been down that road) and there are times when when fashion dictate that trainers are the shoes of choice. For her part though, she's quite the heel expert, well maybe not when compared to the usual members here :smile: She loves the height and "wiggle" she gets when in heels, and that's what we're trying to emulate. Just to clarify its lateral support that was worrying me. Doesn't seem to bother her though. If I find a solution, I'll be post again. Or if anyone else comes up with a solution, please do let me know.

• 1 month later...

Well went and looked at those bertulli-shoes and looked I do not like them one bit, for one they are just plain ugly and two the heel inside slants down. To me this is discomfort and pain. When I wear anything with a heel only that much higher I like the inside level and I can easily put my heel on a two inch block and reach the floor with the ball of my foot. With more than two inch (5cm) I can have the heel slant down. Those monsters combine all the discomfort of some high heels with the ugliness of men's shoes.