Heeling with bluejay

bluejay

I have decided to start a new thread about my heeling events. Inspired by the threads from JeffB, ThighBootGuy and HappyFeet, I hope that you will enjoy reading about my heeling events. Please offer your comments both good and bad. I will try to post some pictures of my heeling events from time to time. Happy Heeling, bluejay Thursday, November 17,2011 I wore my black crop length jeans, with a red Izod polo shirt, lightweight black leather jacket, with my Chadwick's black patent leather loafer pumps with 3" heel ( one of my favorite pair of heels) with black fishnet knee-hi hose. The heels were very visible with the black fishnet hose. First stop was to Verizon Wireless Store to pay my cell phone bill. I was not aware that the store was under remodeling and I was not able to use the self pay machine as I usually do. I was greeted and had to wait for a customer service rep to take my payment. So I took a seat to wait my turn to be called. Only a few other people in the store at this time late evening. I had a few stares from people walking by as my heels and fishnet hose were very visible. No comments just a lot of looks. I sort of enjoyed being the center of attraction in the store at the time. After a 5 minute wait I was called to the counter to take my payment. Again staring but no comments. As I left the store after completing my business I sensed the looks and staring again. Stop number 2 was to the supermarket to make some needed food purchases. The head cashier came over to greet me (She has seen me wearing heels many times) and looked at my heels and noted that she liked the fishnet hose that I was wearing. I thanked her for her comment. I finished my shopping with again only curious stares and looks from other shoppers in the store. Last stop was to gas up my car. Again it was after 10pm, only one other car in the lot to gas up. I paid for my $50.00 fill-up and went home. Another enjoyable heeling event. I have included a picture , however the quality is not that good. I bought a new Sony camera recently and I am still learning how to use it.

post-14923-133522962557_thumb.jpg

Sunday, November 20, 2011 I wore royal blue dress pants, with blue check dress shirt and color matched tie, natural color sport coat with royal blue pocket square, pared with royal blue Georgio Bruttini loafers (men's shoes) and blue trouser hose. I wore conservative shoes for church services (but have worn heels at church in the past) and changed into my royal blue patent peep toe platform pumps with a 3/4" platform and 4" heel and open toe blue trouser hose so that my red polished toes were visible At church services many always look to see what I am wearing and I get lots of compliments especially from the ladies. Today was no different. I got several compliments on my royal blue pants and shoes. After church I changed into my heels (picture below). First stop was to the supermarket to shop as I do most every Sunday after church. Several stares and glances but no comments this morning. Next stop was to Bed Bath and Beyond to look at a new wall lamp that I needed to replace the broken one over my recliner chair. As I arrived before the store opened, I had to wait outside for the doors to open. It was a warm morning, about 60* for middle of November, As I was waiting a group of ladies arrived and one woman about 40ish struck up a conservation with me, said that I was dressed very stylish for a Sunday morning. I told her that I dress up for Sunday Church, every Sunday, then do my errands for the day. I over heard two of the other women talking and pointing at my heels. At that point I lifted my pant leg for them, to get a better look at my heels and also revealing my anklet that I was wearing on my right ankle. The one woman did a double take look when I did that move. The next thing the store door opened and we all went in to shop. I bid the women a good day. I was unable to find the wall lamp that I wanted, the clerk suggested that I might find it at Home Depot. Next stop was Home Depot. I was a little apprehensive at first about going there dressed the way I was, but that did not stop me. I went into the store proceeded to the lighting section where I found the wall lamp I was looking for. As I was proceeding to the checkout I encountered a macho type dressed man coming toward me. He was in jeans, cowboy hat and western boots. As he got close to me he said "pretty shoes you're wearing" followed by a wolf whistle. I replied to him "nice earrings you're wearing" followed by my wolf whistle to him.(he had several studs and small hoops in one ear and a single stud in the other) The guy just lowered his head and went on his way. I said "Have a great day". No reply from him. One of the store workers who over heard our exchange of comments gave me the thumbs up sign. I said ,Thanks. I checked out without any further comments, just a few stares. Another great heeling event for me! Happy Heeling, bluejay

post-14923-133522962587_thumb.jpg

post-14923-133522962612_thumb.jpg

Great outings you had there bluejay. The blue outfit was really bright and an attention getter all by itself. It looks great on you despite that the outfit is rather loud. Good job. I'm not a fan of those particular crop jeans. I think wearing them like that requires a slimmer cut. Loved the Home Depot encounter.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Great outings you had there bluejay. The blue outfit was really bright and an attention getter all by itself. It looks great on you despite that the outfit is rather loud. Good job.

I'm not a fan of those particular crop jeans. I think wearing them like that requires a slimmer cut.

Loved the Home Depot encounter.

Shafted,

Thanks for your comments! I like to wear bright colors. I got a lot of compliments from women, especially on that royal blue pants and natural color jacket at church. Of course I did not have the heels on then, rather the mens's flats.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

GREAT job on your heel outings! I am so envious of your confidence and ability to calmly handle less than positive feedback! You are such an inspiration to me, thanks-Don

Thanks for your comments. Yes I was able to come back at that macho guy at Home Depot. Never take a comment like he made without some sort of a positive come back. The more you wear heels the more positive you become of your choices in footwear!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Congratulations on your outings. The more you go out in high heels, the more different reactions you will get. And I know in my case, I enjoy every one of them. Thank you for sharing with us.

Thanks for your comments. I will be posting my heeling events on a regular basis. Hope that you enjoy reading my posts.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Tonight I had to do some shopping and run some errands, so I decided it would be a heeling event. I wore tan colored Dockers pants, brown Izod polo shirt, with my dark tan suede jacket and paired with my brown Dansko "Rae" heeled slides with a 3 1/2" stacked heel (see pictures attached) and dark brown knee-hi hose. First stop to J.C. Penny's to see what was on sale for Black Friday Sales. The store marks the sale prices on Wednesday evening for that sale and will give you the sale prices that others will wait until early Friday Morning. I picked out two dress shirts and ties, a brown Dockers jacket and two winter knit hats, which I paid less than 60% of the marked price and I also got to use a coupon so save an additional $40.00 for spending over $150.00. On this purchase I saved over $200.00 from marked prices! What a deal I got. While I was in the store for a good hour or so, there were not that many other shoppers there. No one seemed to notice my heels that I was wearing. Next stop was to Walmart to purchase some needed items, Again no one seemed to notice my heels as I got no reactions even when I bent over to pick up dropped change, which fully exposed my heels and the hose I was wearing. Last stop was to the supermarket to pick up fixins to prepare a Thanksgiving breakfast/brunch for my family.(which I always do on Holidays). Again no one seemed to notice my heels except the cashier (Who has seen me in heels before) looked over the counter to see what was on my feet. She just smiled and I thanked her. Another nice heeling event. HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all. Happy Heeling, bluejay

post-14923-13352296315_thumb.jpg

Bluejay, I wear clogs like that all the time. I find that heeled clogs are an excellent choice for streetheeling. They have a more masculine appearance (by not exposing the top of the foot as pumps do) while still giving you 3-4" of heel height with a sturdy heel that looks more masculine. They're not as warm as boots, so I can wear clogs all year long. This evening I was with family at our Thanksgiving meal (two dozen people) and everyone could see them. Two of my female cousins complimented me on them. Nobody ever asks me if they were women's shoes, which amazes me. They're easy to walk in, comfortable, stay on better than pumps, and best of all, I can wear them one size smaller than shoes with a back; I normally wear a women's 12, but in clogs I can wear an 11, so there are LOTS more choices in lots more stores and on the Internet. Congratulations on your successful outing in clogs, and I encourage more guys here to try them. They're great for clandestine public heeling. Steve

Bluejay,

I wear clogs like that all the time. I find that heeled clogs are an excellent choice for streetheeling. They have a more masculine appearance (by not exposing the top of the foot as pumps do) while still giving you 3-4" of heel height with a sturdy heel that looks more masculine. They're not as warm as boots, so I can wear clogs all year long. This evening I was with family at our Thanksgiving meal (two dozen people) and everyone could see them. Two of my female cousins complimented me on them. Nobody ever asks me if they were women's shoes, which amazes me. They're easy to walk in, comfortable, stay on better than pumps, and best of all, I can wear them one size smaller than shoes with a back; I normally wear a women's 12, but in clogs I can wear an 11, so there are LOTS more choices in lots more stores and on the Internet. Congratulations on your successful outing in clogs, and I encourage more guys here to try them. They're great for clandestine public heeling.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for your positive comments. I like to wear heeled clogs , especially the Dansko "Rae" model of which I have three pairs. One pair in black, one pair in brown and one pair in red. They are very comfortable to wear. I am glad that you also like to wear them too!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2011 A new heeling adventure, but with a new twist. My wife and I went on a date tonight to the "Great Disco Bash" downtown. We joined with a couple thousand other disco revelers to enjoy the disco sounds of the 80's. Since people tend to dress really wild for this event, I decided to push the envelope a bit this evening, I wore my black leather dress jeans with a silver, silky looking dress shirt with lots of jewelery and my new silver peep toe platform pumps with a 3/4" platform and 4" heel.(A story about these new shoes , appears in the thread" Who has bought some new shoes") My wife also wore her black leather dress pants, with a black and silver sparkley top and her Franko Sarto mid calf black boots, with a 3" stacked heel. I have posted some pictures of myself , but my wife is camera shy and will not be in the pictures. We had a most enjoyable evening at the disco party. We did do some dancing but we both had to rest our legs and feet every so often, since we are not used to dancing in our heels that much. I did get a couple of comments, positive about my leather jeans and my glittery heels. We did get a couple of comments about our similar dress styles for my wife and I. It was so crowded with people that, people watching became a big part of the of the evening. I saw many men wearing the disco platform heeled shoes of that era,so there are still a lot of those shoes around yet. I did not see any men wearing shoes that were like mine, but I did see a couple of younger men 30ish wearing skinny jeans tucked inside the boots they were wearing and even a couple of men wearing leggings with long shirt tops. All in all it was very enjoyable evening for my wife and my self. Happy Heeling, bluejay and wife

Love those Dansko clogs, Bluejay, and that was a fantastic comeback remark in Home Depot. Good job!

Yes I love my Dansko heeled clogs. They have become one of my favorite pair of heels to wear.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Sunday,November 27,2011 Another heeling event took place , this past Sunday morning. I wore navy blue dress pants, with a dark blue dress shirt and tie, blue check sport coat with navy blue pocket square and my Naturalizer "Entice" navy blue pumps with 3" heels and navy color knee hi hose. First, to church service, no one seemed to notice me wearing heels, On my way out I did get a comment from a woman who said I was" looking good". Next stop was to the car wash to get my wife's car washed and interior cleaning done, since I had promised to do it for on Sunday after church. After the wash I had to get out of the car for the interior cleaning. I went to the customer lounge and took a seat. Being seated my heels were in full view. A couple of people passed but no one commented, but one guy did take a second look upon which, I just smiled at him. After a 15 minute wait , the car was finished and the attendant came looking for me a young woman, in her 20's. I think she saw my heels as she approached me and sort of studdered "your car is ready, sir". We went out to inspect her cleaning, which was very good. She kept looking down at my feet as we walked around the car. I thanked her for the good cleaning job she did and then gave her a tip, upon which she said "Thank-you". Next stop was to Ace Hardware Store to pick up a saw blade for my new power mitre saw,which was on sale and I had a $10.00 off coupon. The store was nearly empty for a Sunday morning. I picked up the saw blade and went to the cashier to pay for it. There was a tile floor in the check-out area and upon leaving my heels were clicking as I walked to my car. Next, to Sim's Department store which was having a going out of business sale as the Sim's chain is closing their doors throughout the USA. As I arrived a few minutes before the store opened I had to wait in the entry way for the doors to open. As I was waiting a very good looking woman came in. She was wearing a beautiful pair of stiletto knee boots. I just had to compliment her on her boots so I said " I really like your boots your wearing" upon which she thanked me for my comment. She did look me up and down and I am sure she noticed my heels, but said nothing. The doors finally opened and we went in. I went to the service desk to ask about what I was looking for. The store manager was giving last minute instructions to her staff , she paused for a moment asked me how she could help me. I told her what I was looking for, she said follow me and we went to look. Unfortunately, they were all sold out of the item. I thanked her help and exited the store. No comments or stares as I walked to my car. Last stop was to the supermarket to pick some items for a Sunday,supper. As it was going to be a mild day for late November, I decided I would grill some hamburgers outside this evening. I ran into the head cashier before the checkout (She has seen me in heels many times) commented that she like my look today. I thanked her, paid for my items and exited the store to return home. Another nice morning of heeling! Happy Heeling, bluejay

At least when you compliment someone on their shoes, the fact that you're wearing heels as well validates the compliment as genuine. A fellow heel lover who just happens to be a guy.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

enjoyed your description and outings very much... Also your sense of style - so far you have been consistent and apparently very comfortable with your outfits... more pictures please.

Thanks for your comments. I am very comfortable with the styles I wear. I just don't throw things together. I take pride in my appearance. You will never see me in tee shirts and jeans (dress jeans, yes) and flip flops. Even in the summer I wear stylish sandals. I really like to dress up and I do get complimented often!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

P.S. I am having trouble uploading pictures from my computer on this site. Sometimes it works and other times it won't. I have pictures for all my heeling events, but have not been able to post them on all of my threads.

Saturday, November 3, 2011 Attended an early Christmas party at one of the organizations I am a member of. My wife had to work, so I went alone. I wore black dress pants, bright red, dress shirt with silver trim on collar and with french cuffs and black buttons, added my black dress leather vest , paired with my Payless black leather shoes with a 3" chunky black heel. ( The shoes although women's, are very manly looking and any man could wear them without attracting any attention.) I had a great dinner ,prime-rib and a few drinks. It was a very enjoyable party. I did get a couple comments about my appearance. One of my friend's wife wanted to know where I bought my great looking heeled shoes from and of course I told her from Payless web site. A very nice party wearing heels. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Sounds like you had a fun bluejay. I bet you could have been a bit more daring on heels, but considering the setting a wise choice.

Sunday, December 4, 2011 Started out the day by going to Church, I chose to wear tan Dockers dress pants, gold silky look dress shirt with matching tie, brown leather blazer with gold pocket square, and my Tahari, brown crocco patent leather loafer pumps with a 3" stacked heel. No one seemed to notice my heels until I was exiting the door , when a woman behind me walked up to me and started to chat about the beautiful morning we were having for early December and the lack of snow to this date. Normally we should of had about 10" of snow already, but we have only seen a few flakes so far this season. After I opened the door for her, she said " thank-you and I really like your shoes very much". At that point I lifted my pant leg to reveal my whole heel and she replied "very nice". She was wearing a great pair of stiletto heeled boots, of which I said that's a great pair of boots you are wearing. She said, "Thank-you". I thanked her for her comments and bid her a good day. This morning at church service I noticed two men both about 40ish wearing boots with their pants and jeans tucked inside their boots. One had a pair of flat heeled riding boots and the other had a pair of Frye men's heeled boots with about a 2" stacked heel on. I thought they looked very stylish on them. That makes four men, that I have seen recently, wearing their pants tucked inside their boots. I like to wear boots that way also and have done so on a couple of times this fall. First stop after church was to Lowe's to pick up some supplies for a project that I am working on. The store was not too crowded for a Sunday morning and I don't think anyone even noticed the heels, I was wearing. Next stop was to the supermarket to purchase some things for our Sunday dinner. Again the store was fairly crowded but no one seemed to notice my heels. As I was in the check-out line of one of the cashier's that knows me, when my turn came up , she glanced down to look at my footwear and just smiled. No comments, she just smiled and I thanked her. As I left the store, I felt that she was watching my walk in heels. Last stop was to the gas station for a fill-up. Again I sensed that no one at the station paid any attention to my choice of footwear. Another nice outing wearing "MY HEELS"!!!!!!! Happy Heeling, bluejay

post-14923-133522964374_thumb.jpg

Sounds like you had a fun bluejay. I bet you could have been a bit more daring on heels, but considering the setting a wise choice.

Thanks for your comments,Shafted. Some of the people at the party have seen me in heels before ,but the heels were all in the conservative range. I have never experienced a negative comment on my heeling from this group of people.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Good job, my friend! Bravo to you on your latest adventures!

Thanks, JeffB. Coming from you that is a nice compliment.

For some reason I am having trouble uploading pictures on some of my posts. I have tried to post pictures on all of my heeling events. Sometimes I can and other times I can't.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 2 weeks later...

Since I have been very busy lately with work, family and Christmas activites I have not been able to post any of my heeling adventures. I want to bring you up to date of a couple heeling events and include some pictures. Sunday, December 11, 2011 I wore black Dockers dress pants, with a dark blue dress shirt and tie, black herringbone color sport coat with my Tahari black patent leather loafer pumps and black knee-hi hose. First stop as always on Sunday mornings was church. No strange looks at all but I blend in well as the other church goers know that I am always fashionably dressed each and every Sunday. I did get a positive comment from the Minister telling me that he liked my shiny shoes that I was wearing bringing back his memories from his days in the US Navy and wearing spit shinned shoes with dress his uniforms. I thanked him for his comment and related to him about similar experiences of mine whenIi was in the Navy too. He said that we will have to discuss our Navy experiences some time in the future. I agreed! After church a few stops but nothing out of the ordinary took place at the other stops. Another nice heeling event for me. Happy Heeling, bluejay

post-14923-13352296644_thumb.jpg

post-14923-133522966466_thumb.jpg

Wednesday, December 15,2011 I wore black Newport News , women's bootcut jeans with Izod red polo shirt and my mid weight black leather jacket paired with my Dansko, black heeled clogs with a 3" heel and black fishnet knee-hi hose. Out to do some Christmas shopping, my first stop was to Macy's to take advantage of some great sales. First , I had to return an item to the men's dept. I saw long lines at the registers (time of the year) and looking at which one to get in line, I was greeted by a sales associate who offered her assistance to help with my return. She took me to the shoe dept. and took care of my return. She asked what else she could do for me tonite? I told her I was going to do some Christmas shopping and was comming to the shoe dept. to look for some of the UGG type looking winter boots for myself. She countered that I was one of several males lately to look at that type of fashion look that is very popular with women these days. As our conversation continued she said "traditionally women start fashion trends and some men seem to follow those trends as they become more popular". I noticed her looking at my shoes and i lifted my pant leg to reveal my heel and the fishnet hose. She took it all in stride only commenting that she like the look on me. As it turned out she was the assistant store manager, about 40ish and we continued our conversation about fashions that I liked and what she liked. I asked her what she thought about men wearing heels and she said that if a man wanted to do so it was fine with her. I thanked her for comments and feed back about men in heels. I spent over 1 hour in the store bought some presents for the family, but I was not able to get the Ugg looking type boot for myself. I was able to find the boot at the men's dept. at Bon Ton and since that boot has no real heel men's and women's verisons are very similar looking. That is a new look that I will be trying with the jeans tucked inside the boots in the future. I stopped in several other stores in the mall, but with no funny looks or comments. I think everyone was too busy with their Christmas shopping tonight to notice a man wearing heels! Another nice heeling event for myself. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Sunday, December 18, 2011 This morning I wore my new red leather blazer, with my black Docker's dress pants, red and blue checked shirt with a red and black tie and black pocket square, paired with my new Nine West dark red knee boots with a 2 1/2" block heel. I must say this outfit looked great on me in the mirror. Again as usual for a Sunday morning Church services was the first stop. I had several comments about my appearance this morning from both men and women. Each one liked my new red leather blazer and some commented how appropriate it was for the season,. I did get a couple of comments about my new dark red boots and how well they matched my blazer. It was a shame that I had to wear a top coat and gloves , but it was 17* this morning, kind of cold to go out without a coat. After all the positive comments about my appearance at church I went to do my errands for the day. First stop to the supermarket to do some food shopping from the list that my wife gave me last night. As I entered the store and walked on the tile floor I heard the sound of my heels clicking away. I noticed a couple of stares only to look the other way after they saw me. In the checkout line, the cashier that waits on me very often and has seen me in heels many times took a quick glance at my feet and I said "what do you think of my new boots and new red leather blazer" I proceeded to lift my pant leg to show her my boots. She said that" I was looking good!" especially how the color was matched to the Christmas Season. I thanked her for her comments and went about my way. A couple of other stops on my way home but nothing out of the ordinary took place this morning. I had a great time wearing my new red leather blazer and matching boots! Happy Heeling, bluejay

post-14923-133522966488_thumb.jpg

Hoping that everyone had a very Merry Christmas. I did get to wear heels on Christmas Eve. I wore black dress pants with a silky red dress shirt with matching red tie, black leather blazer and my Payless chunky heeled oxfords with a 3" block heel. Since I was going to be with a lot of the family at Church and at family Christmas Eve dinner I wore a very conservative pair of heels. Just the same I was wearing heels! No comments, no strange looks I guess I was accepted for what I was wearing. I hope that everyone enjoyed their Christmas. Happy Heeling, bluejay