walk a mile in her shoes.

love heels

I just got a reply from the organizer. The walk was held 10/28. The Walk A Mile website had the date wrong! Too bad, I was already shopping for some new boots for the occasion.

Just about the same time as last year as I recall. Was kinda wondering if they would do it again.

We got something similar here in South Africa, called Sisters with Blisters, it is a 8 or 4 km walk, for the abuse against women and children, on 26 November. On one condition men must walk with stillettos. I am going to walk and will post some pictures, as I did last year. I think there are two more SA Heelers that is also going to walk. Come on GUYS and Girls.:smile::smile:

• 2 months later...

That was a few years back that I heard of the first or first to me walk a mile. That was the Valley Trauma Center in San Fernando valley. That is doable for me about 48.5 miles to the Sherman Oaks Galleria. At one time I had thought that this is the only way that I would be able to sport high heels outside in the world but now one way or another I can wear my HH just about anywhere that I like. Now for first timers this could be a good start. One of the news articles reported all these guys in high heels and some in skirts. Now for any novices do not go overboard. If to wear a skirt make most conservative and about those heels do like I do when I wear stilettos like be sure to have a square toe like mine that I can wear all day. This way get there early and stay late and wear the heels the whole time. If I get a chance to go that is what I plan to do. While I do not need this for a reason to go HH I still believe and support their cause.

This is really good to know but for some reason they do not all register with that organization like I did not see the Valley Trauma Center listed in Sherman Oaks or any mention of the one in Irvine. Probably because the VTC has their own facility to help the victims of violence so they organize their local event and the other one there must be national to raise funds to distribute nationally. So anyway this is just to let you know that there may be more than what is listed at this one websight. Such a thought to heel to heal the hurt from violent attackers.

I just got a notice by email that there will be another event this June in Columbus:

Save the Date: Walk a Mile in Her Shoes

Posted Image

The fourth annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes will be held on Saturday, June 16, 2012 at The Mall at Tuttle Crossing in Dublin, Ohio. This event will kick off at 6:30 pm with a casual one mile walk with both men and women walking in high heels to support Gracehaven. An after-party will feature local vendors, lots of food and activities for the family.

REGISTRATION INFORMATION

Individual

$50 - Adult

$25 - Student

$60 - Adults who would prefer to wear flip flops instead of high heels - NEW!!

Teams - New this year - online team registration

$175 - Team of five adults

Each additional adult can be added for $35 per adult

$100 - Team of five students

Each additional student can be added for $20 per student

If you are interested in being a sponsor or a vendor at the after-party, please email Kendra at kpetrill@gracehavenhouse.org for further details.