When did you wear your first heels?

Hansi1973

When did you wear your first heels?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. When did you wear your first heels?

• <6 yrs. (Kindergarden, etc.)
    • 6-10 yrs. (Primary School)
    • 10-13 yrs. (beg. puberty)
    • 13-16 yrs. (within puberty)
    • 16-18 yrs. (end puberty)
    • 18 - 21 yrs. (grown up)
    • 21- 30 yrs. (twen)
    • 31 - 40 yrs.
    • 41 - 50 yrs.
    • 51 - 60 yrs.
    • > 60yrs.

Maybe you could write some words after the poll, for example: Was it just for fun, playing "dress up", Was it for a seasonal reason, i.e. Halloween or Carneval? Was it for a special party or event (i.e. Male BeautyPageant) Was it for a social event (i.e. "Walk a mile in her shoes")? Was it because of interest/ curiosity? Was it becaus of some erotic interest? Was it your idea? Or did anyone ask you to try out? Did you borrow the heels? And did the owner know? Did you buy them for this special purpose? etc. (you do not have to answer all these questions - it is more a summary of ideas/ reason, why and wehn you tried the first pair of heels) Maybe we could write down our first expressions with heels.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, then I will share may story: I was about 11 yrs. old, when I was poking through the wardrobe of my mother. And I discovered a pair of heels, I did not notice so far. A little bit old fashion, not very high, more the "grandma pumps". And I was wondering, if the would fit and how it would be to walk in them. They fit like a glove and I felt fine with them. No problem, to walk around within these 2" heels. So I checked out the others shoes I found. Some were a little bit too big for me at that time, others had the perfect fit. And I really tried every type of heel, my mom had in stock. There were many! From 2" until 4.5". I adapted easily. I was born to walk in heels. :smile: And there was one pair, I really loved. Black leather pumps with a 3.5" heel. Everytime, when my parents were out, I was walking the whole time with those heels through the house. Stairs up, stairs down, parading, prancing,... What a great time! When I turned 14, I had already 1-2 sizes more than my mom and it was no longer possible to wlak in her heels, without torturing my own feet. My first own pair I bought in a supermarket, when I was 18: grapped them, paid for them (with a red lightenig head) und went home, to discover, that they showed the right size, but were definetely 2 numbers too small. But I did not have the courage, to change them back. Lots of blind purchases followed. Not really satisfying me, until I got the nerves, to try on the shoes within the shop. Still with a brightenig red head, but without these disappointing moments at home. What was your first story?

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

A pair of size 7 navy blue shoe with a three inch heel, bought from a large cut price outlet shop. Too small but size 8's in women's shoes were not freely available and there was no Internet. They were quite nice and worn when alone.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Started noticing them at about 13. Tried my mother's (which my feet were small enough for then) with thin heels just over 2 inches and loved the wobbly feeling. Stayed at a friend's a year or so later and was mesmerised by his older sister's platform sandals (c. 4 inch heel and 1 inch platform), which I had to try on secretly when she was out and my friend was otherwise engaged. At about 18, I 'borrowed' a pair of lovely sandals with a stiletto heel about 4.5 inches from an on/off girlfriend while she was away and went out at night in them for a walk about a mile down a country lane. This really gave me the bug!

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

I started when I was 14 and was looking through thye closet of my older sister. She had a couple of 3 and 4" pumps and boots which I had to try. I loved them instantly. After that I used to walk in them when she was away. I bought my first pair of boots when I was 16 at a local shop. I was so nervous and scared when I bought them.

I remember dressing as a 'tart' for a tarts & vicars party and I borrowed some heels from a flatmate. She didn't get them back for a few days and they were all a bit suspicious about me in a sort of jokey way. A few months later I got up mega early and went into a cheap shoe shop in town to look for boots since I'd always been interested in trying some on. I had to buy some new work shoes anyway so thought I'd have a look. Bought a pair of knee high boots and drove home quickly to try them on, somehow managing to avoid all of my flatmates on the way back in. I've been hooked ever since!

I'm size 11 US mens, and did not think of this when younger that I can recall. Bought my first pair on line- stripper heels from flirt catalog around 2001, way over the top for me at least 6" I could barely walk. Clear acrylic with silver glitter on top. Lately I've been into getting wedge sandals cheap at end of season. If the stock upper doesn't work for me I can make my own and have much more room to fasten my materials onto a wedge platform bed far easier than a stiletto. I just got a pair of Candies wedge flip flops at Kohls for 4 bucks (see below) and with a light mod I can wear them as a thong, which totally rocks cause I just did my toes.

Mine are all black, but the pewter shows easier. Since their largest size is a lady 11 and I am realisticaly a lady 13, at the store I laid my foot over top of the thong to see if I could realistically use that footbed it was OK toes and heel right to the edge which is sexy in my book. I could barely squeeze my toes in stock-- so what I did was cut the braid off (sucks cause it was so cute) and it was still tight. So I cut off some of the thicker tong left-to-right to make it effectively thinner and would allow more vertical space.

Foot fits like a glove, I mean sock, right in toes where I want them. Very comfortable. I will still try can get another pair to conjure a 3 band sandal. When I do I will post pics with a fresh pedicure.

It really does suck that you can barely find over a womens size 10 in retail stores in the US. Any tips on finding a 12 thats CUTE would be appreciated, I know you don't find anything cute in large sizes at places like payless.

http://bim.shopstyle.com/pim/21/c9/21c9b426fa2aac0569c6bd885f0e435c_best.jpg

I was pretty young, and in my extended family, the other kids that were my age were mostly girls. I remember one cousin trying on my mothers shoes, so I did too. There were also some girls on my block that were my age, and we'd play house. They alwyas had their Mom's heels, and again, I'd try them on as well. I was pretty young, I would guess 6 or 7. My mom had quite small feet, size 5.5 US, so here's didn't fit me before long. I do remember forcing my feet into one pair nad ripping them. She never did figure out how those got ripped! lol.

When I got the "bug" to actually try on a pair of heels - I was already too large for my Mom's size 6 shoes. However, my grandmother was a size 8.5 and so was I. She had a pair of "black peep-toe quarter-strap sandals" with a block 2" heel that fit like a glove. There was such a "rush" of adrenaline when I stood up in those shoes. I did not wobble on those first steps. I had no problem balancing. Then I rocked back and balanced on the heels only while walking. I have seen youngsters new to heels do that same thing and think back - "Wow, I did that too!" It was not long before those shoes were too small for my growing feet. I was probably about 11 or 12 years old and had to wait another 6 years to buy my own first heels.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Like freeze333311 my first pair of heels came from a Flirt catalog in 2001. I bought a pair of white seven inch slides with a three inch platform. I bought them to put on a bookshelf but tried them on and was surprised when they fit perfectly (I bought the largest size so they'd stand out on the shelf). I couldn't walk in them easily initially, but I was doing a lot of yoga at the time and quickly became aware of the alignment challenges that the shoes presented. I began practicing daily and in a month or so was up to wearing them for hours at a time. One day I was about to run an errand somewhere nearby and began to take them off then changed my mind. I found the reception was universally positive. I go through periods when I heel a lot and others when I barely do it, but the response and experience is always positive. I think my first attraction to heels came during the disco era. I LOVED platform shoes and yearned for them then. It took a long time, but it's been well worth it. -MJ

I remember trying on some heels of my g'mothers and some of my mom's. I remember a pair of green pumps my g'mother had that were, best I can remember, about 4 to 5 inches (no platform). And there was a gold colored pair like the green pair with about the same size heel. I took/snuck the green pair at least once from their house, back home with my parents (I was about 14), and then returned them on the next visit. I just loved those green ones a whole lot.

It was more out of curiosity than anything and it just felt so good wearing them. It was just something about the shape of the shoe and how it felt wearing and trying to walk in them. My mom had low "granny heels" that I did wear a lot when I was home alone.

I remember trying to put my mums heels on in my early teens but was frustrated as my feet were too big for them. I didnt get my first heels that actually fitted until i was 18, around 3 years ago. I had been waiting so long to properly wear a pair of heels that it was a very special moment. They were a pair of hot pink pleaser stillettos - 5" heel with a pointed toe. Loved those shoes!

I think I was around 10 years old when I tried my first pair of heels. My mom had brought a box of shoes home that a co-worker did not want at the time. I found a pair white wedge mules and a pair of black mary janes, both were around a 3 inch heel. They were big on me, but I always found myself going to the hall closet and trying them on. My mom caught me wearing the mary janes, gave me a spanking and threw them out right in front of me. Don't know which hurt more the spanking the shoes being tossed. Learned to wear the white wedges when NO ONE was around.

I clear remember trying on my sister's red go go boots when I was in grade school. Didnt understand the attraction thing at such a young age, just knew the made me "feel good" and sure loved the way they looked and felt on my legs. I would eventually take posession of those boots when my sister forgot about them. The first boots I would buy for myself were cowboy boots with 2" heels. I was always "on the hunt" for cowboy boots with higher heels, moving on to 3, 4 and now have a pair with 5" heels. I also have a few pairs of crotch/thigh highs with 5" spiked heels. It is certainly easier for me to wear my cowboy boots in public, but yearn to be more public with my thigh/crotch boots. I am able to sneak my levis over the boots, making short public trips easier because the heels are mostly concealed. I look forward to the day when I have the confidence to wear my boots over levis in public. Thanks to all for sensible advice and encouragement....Don

• 2 months later...

As a long-time admirer of high heels (especially stilettos), I decided in 1972 that I really ought to try them for myself. Not easy with my UK11 feet and with stilettos out of fashion. I took the plunge and decided to aim high (contradiction unintended!), so ordered a pair of custom-made sandals in black leather with a 5" stiletto heel (no platform) from 'Cover Girl' in London (probably made by LSB). They looked and fitted well but I have only ever worn them briefly indoors on a few occasions. It was nearly 20 years before I bought anything more - but I am slowly catching up although my requirements are modest.

I have had an interest in shoes, all types, for as long as I can remember. It probably has something to do with the special shoes I had to wear as a baby while sleeping in the crib to straighten out my curved feet and legs that I had at birth (all good now). Figuring out a connection here would probably take some deep psychotherapy or hypnosis or something. But why ask "why" and possibly spoil a good thing...... "First heels" you ask though? When I was about 8-9 yo, my brother and I were staying at my grandparents house for the summer where they had a few acres of land and my grandfather had a garage 10x bigger than the house for all his construction equipment, shop etc and lots of old cars, boats and equipment out behind. My grandfather was away working during the day so we were there with my grandmother mostly who let us run all over and do whatever we wanted as long as we didn't get into too much trouble. Little did she know how much we really got into but we always found interesting things to do around there. One day we were upstairs in the house picking through a hardly ever used closet, I found a pair of navy stiletto pumps with a 3-4 inch heel which I later somehow figured out were my aunts shoes that she wore when she was a flight attendant for a time. I don't remember what I felt or was thinking at the time. I just remember that I had to try them on though and walk around. However, I knew that I couldn't get caught by my grandmother or they'd be taken away. So, I convinced my younger brother, who I could usually talk into trying anything, to help me get them out to my grandfathers garage. The only way to get there though was to go through the kitchen where my grandmother was most of the time. So we each put a shoe under our shirt, tucked them in and went downstairs. We waited around the corner for the right time and when my grandmother was busy with something on the counter we marched right in with the obvious bulges under our shirts and started to go behind her when she, never looking directly at us, said "What are you doing?". In unison we said "Oh, nothing!". We ran out the door straight to the garage. I put my bare feet in the shoes. My feet slid right down to the end of the almond shaped toe and I realized they were way to big for me. There was an inch or two of space between my heels and the back of the shoes. I didn't care though and tried to walk in them. They kept twisting off my feet and falling over or they would come off when I lifted up a foot. I finally just dragged them along the floor and scuffled along for a while. That was fun but it wasn't good enough. I really wanted them to stay on my feet. So I thought about it, looked around and, wallah! I found some rags on a workbench (you know the old red ones mechanics used to use). I stuffed one or two behind each heel in the shoe until they were tight. By this time my brother got bored and wandered off to find something else to do. The shoes were awesome! They were staying my feet, kind of. I could lift them up and when I put them down and the heel would make a clack on the hard cement floor. Mostly I shuffled around though dragging the heel on the floor as I lifted up the front, with toes curled up to help them stay on, as I took a step forward. I walked all over the garage for at least a half hour almost falling over a couple times but catching myself before hitting the floor. It was just good basic fun. I was having a blast. I remember feeling happy and maybe even grown up in a way. I didn't know why. I'm sure I didn't feel "sexy". I didn't even know what that was then. It was just fun and that's all that mattered at the time. So it was time to find my brother and something else to do. I had my fill so I hid the shoes in the garage. I went out almost every day, put them on, stuffed the rags in the back and tooled around the garage for a time. I got pretty good at walking in them although I'm sure it wouldn't have looked pretty to someone else. I did that for a couple weeks until one day I went back to get them out. They weren't there. They were gone! Did my grandmother figure out what I was doing? Did my grandfather find them? I couldn't ask them. I asked my brother but he didn't know. I remember feeling worried that I was going to get in trouble. Nobody said anything that night so I relaxed about it a bit. Next day, nothing. No one has ever said anything to this day. And, I still wonder what happened to them. Time passed. I forgot about them. My brother and I went home again. Next heel story not until 3-4 years later...... H.

Did not really wear high heels until about eighteen years old, but long before that had many pairs of flat style girls shoes, which I loved to wear. One pair of flat black lace up girls shoes I even wore to school many times, school mates did ask are they girls shoes I never really answered and nothing else was ever said, so I carried on wearing them my sister had a pair the same style.

life is not a rehearsal

• 2 weeks later...

I was 3 years old and my mother caught me and asked me what I was doing and I said I was wearing your shoes, she said ok and smiled at me, then I was ten and wearing a pair of heels without nobody knowing about it, the last time I wear a pair was in 1999, and dying to buy my own soon.

I think that my first wearing was probably about 8 to 10. My mother had a pair of knee high acrylic lined boots, and I wore those whenever I was able until I couldn't fit in them anymore. I would really have liked the red go go boots like pebblesf mentioned. Unfortunetly I don't have any sisters.

First girl-shoe experience at about age 3-4,living at grandparents home. Also there was an aunt and her friend, a boarder. Once mom was getting dressed & I noticed a pair of gold (lame' I guess) flats belonging to aunt's friend. Being a normally curious 3-4 year-old, I stood in them. Mom admonished me to leave them alone. That was the 1st girl-shoe experience, and I have never forgotten that 8-10 seconds. Conscious interest started for real at 12-13 yo when girls first started wearing heels to dance classes. Have been obsessing ever since. I got 1st pair in about 1965; lucite springolators w/ 3-3.5 inch heels. Was married w/kids by then, so I hid 'em inside a pair of Frye engineer boots at the back of a closet. Second buy was about 5 years ago: 4" Fredericks of H'wood ankle strap sandals w/ adjustable buckle vamp. About 17 pair over the internet since. As usual, I seem to have over-answered the question.

Well.... Have always like womens shoes, especially sandals, since I can remember. As a young adult and teen I wore flat womens sandals whenever posible. I even went shoe shopping when I was 16 and actually tried on a pair of bernardo thongs in a deaprtment store, but alas they were to small (that was when some styles of gals shoes only went to a size 9 max, and I needed a 10 - 11). When I went away to college I began to wear womens flat sandals a lot more often, even to class - no one said anything. In 1996, I was "shoe shopping" and saw a pair of black heeled slip on thongs, size 11. I tried them on and was "hooked." I had never tried on a pair of heels before - they really did not interest me. The look, the feel of heeled sandals was amazing. I wish I had done it years before. Now I combine wearing womens heels with flats, depending on the situation/activity. So, short answer, 1996. Take care all, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

It was a pair of mom's winter boots she kept in the front hall closet. After that, I'd wear her heels when I came home from school, before she'd get home from work. That and wearing the neighbors' heels when I could sneak it.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.