3rd Annual North America Heel/Boot Meet - March 2 & 3, 2012

iloveboots

Will you be attendingt he 3rd Annual NA Heel/Boot Meet, March 2 & 3, 2012  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be attendingt he 3rd Annual NA Heel/Boot Meet, March 2 & 3, 2012

• Yes, I will be attending both dates
    • Yes, I will attend Friday only
    • Yes, I will attend saturday only
    • I am a maybe

Nordstroms Rack proved much better. thanks Arctic for the suggestion! SpikesMike picked up a good deal on a nice pair. And lots of attention from a group of women/girls outside of Nordstroms; lots of pictures and they loved our heels and Boots. Lots of Facebook posts we're sure!

Isn't Nordstrom south of the Colonial at 14th Street, while Macy's is north on 34th Street? Did you walk to both? (If you did, wasn't that a lot of walking and were the feet aching???)

Just heard that DSW is opening a new store in NYC. That will give Nordstrom and Macys some competition.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a few. Not the best but better than nothing.

Photo One - SpikesMike in Red/Black Knee High Boots with 5 inch stiletto's and Booted in knee high riding Boots at Club Blu, Indigo Hotel, Friday, March 2/2012, NYC.

Photo Two - Friday Night, March 2, at Club Blu, Indigo Hotel. From left to right, Franny, Jeanette and iloveboots

Photo Three - SpikesMike on fire hydrant waiting to enter Tillman's on Saturday night, March 3/2012; Booted in riding Boots behind SpikesMike

Photo Four - CrotchHiBoots, SpikesMike and iloveboots outside Tillmans on Saturday Night

Does anyone have any pictures?

post-2164-133522975779_thumb.jpg

post-2164-133522975804_thumb.jpg

post-2164-133522975825_thumb.jpg

post-2164-133522975848_thumb.jpg

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Yup, we took the D Train subway between 34th and 14th; then walked back tot he Colonial.

Isn't Nordstrom south of the Colonial at 14th Street, while Macy's is north on 34th Street? Did you walk to both? (If you did, wasn't that a lot of walking and were the feet aching???)

Just heard that DSW is opening a new store in NYC. That will give Nordstrom and Macys some competition.

All I can say about picture 3 is "Oh My". and am I the only one who sees this.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Ooops, you're right. Booted was caught literally with his ......... If the moderators/tech want this pic removed I will do so; posted without really taking too close a look.

David

All I can say about picture 3 is "Oh My". and am I the only one who sees this.

I can see a telltale side seam. But it sure can be misinterpreted at a quick glace.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Good photos Crotchhiboots! Thank you!

Pic 1 - crotchhiboots, spikesmike and iloveboots; outside Tillmans waiting for the doors to open, Saturday, March 3, 2012

Pic 2 - Booted, spikesmike and iloveboots; outside Tillmans

Pic 3 - Booted, spikesmike and iloveboots

Here are the pictures from my camera.

Great pic crocthhiboots! Thank you.

In the photo taken Saturday, March 3rd at Nordstroms Rack; Hoverfly trying on a pair of heels and in the background you can see Goldwings on the left in red/silver JG Boots and Booted on right; iloveboots Boot tops on lower right. NYC Heel/Boot Meet

Here is Hoverfly's picture at Nordstroms.

iloveboots, As one who voted for NYC, not based upon the real possibility I'd be able to go, rather on its potential for a good time to be had by the particpants I am curious if NYC lived up to your expectations. You should have all felt quite comfortable there and I'm sure many more shoes went home with you all. Nordstrom, and espe4cially Nordstrom Rack are excellent places to go shopping and you'll always be treated right. How many in total attended?? HappyinHeels

Sorry if I am late to chime in, but I had a lot of stuff to deal with in the past week. I was actually only there for a few hours as a day trip last Saturday before heading back to Boston with hoverfly. That said, my JG boots were not really true red and silver but rather wine red (bordeaux/claret/burgundy) and silver. And they were literally attention getters (and are the very colors of a magnet), considering that I did pair them with white riding pants. Also as for the subway, on that day, we took the N between 34th and 14th. A very good day, even tho I did expect a few more people.

Yes, NYC was a great choice of location. We had twelve join the Meet over the course of the two days at various stages. At any one time the largest the group got to was 9 on the Friday night at Club Blu in the Indigo Hotel; lots of fun and the open atmosphere of a restaurant/lounge was terrific; able to talk and the staff were very very accommodating. A group of ladies in Club Blu joined us for the last 1/2 hour to chat about heels, boots and photo taking; great fun! The Saturday afternoon walk/shop tour was six of us and we had a great time; walking up 7th from the hotel to Macy's, then the subway down to Union Sq to Nordstrom Rack. The attention in Nordstroms and then outside was lots of fun; a group of 20 year old ballet dancers with their moms and grandma was priceless. They all had their pics taken with us; lots of laughs; and lots of comments of how much they loved the heels and confidence of a group of men like us. While this was going on a couple of other groups of ladies joined in for pics and chatting. then it was off to the Starbuck's at Union Sq and walk back up 7th to the hotel. Saturday evening at Tillman's was terrific with six of us there. The walk over, down 7th was fun, SpikesMike's spurs getting lots of attention! At Tillmans we enjoyed a fun evening; the music was 70's classic R&B not too loud and we were able to have great conversation and laughs. The staff were awesome and accommodating, all the servers wearing Boots as they knew we were joining them that night. After Tillman's a few from the group ventured to Paddles; others of us (me included) were whacked out from two very busy days and headed back to the hotel to share stories in the hotel lobby. And lastly, the Colonial House Inn was a tremendous choice of hotel; convenient; good value; great staff who enjoyed our heels, especially Lilia who had to constantly come from behind her desk to check out the heels; recommend to anyone heading to NYC for a day or night of heeling. So all in all...a great time! Now, where shall we hold the 4th Annual North America Heel/Boot meet?? We've been to Chicago, Las Vegas and New York City. New Orleans during Mardi Gras (cost could be the issue)?? San Francisco?? We're in Tampa tonight so we'll see how well a Florida meet goes over. Stay tuned.... David

yup. Thank heavens we had your help on the subway because if left up to me we would have been lost, D versus N! Great Boots Goldwings and lots of awesome comments being received.

It was fabulous meeting you and though a short afternoon it is just the beginning of some new friendships! Thank you for taking the time to travel down from Boston!

David

Sorry if I am late to chime in, but I had a lot of stuff to deal with in the past week.

I was actually only there for a few hours as a day trip last Saturday before heading back to Boston with hoverfly.

That said, my JG boots were not really true red and silver but rather wine red (bordeaux/claret/burgundy) and silver. And they were literally attention getters (and are the very colors of a magnet), considering that I did pair them with white riding pants.

Also as for the subway, on that day, we took the N between 34th and 14th.

A very good day, even tho I did expect a few more people.

I am very content knowing NYC was great and that all attending had a good time and interacted well with those they met there. New Orleans certainly may be quite a nice location just after Mardi Gras as many places may be running specials and the weather is a little warmer than it was in February. Dallas might also work for you as a hub for both American and Southwest airlines, its array of great shopping, and it has the ElectriqueBoutique which is a very friendly place for guys buying heels. I'm sure you'll make the most of whatever you pick and those attending will too. Thanks for all you do. I will remember the Colonial House if I decide to overnight in NYC. HappyinHeels

• 8 months later...