Cheryl Cole - Designing shoes

hh4evr1

No, she will not be designing shoes. She will be choosing from a selection of designs that people who actually know how to design shoes have produced.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

well it is kind of art is to do things we can do well and let other people do other things they can better... so eventually her doing design it self might be a mess, so it is all ok even if it is more likely just a promotional issue. BUT considering she seems to opt for beautiful highheels this might mean some new nice styles will come out. why not, even if the way is like that? nobody will take her seriously as *shoe designer* after a collection with her name only, so I don´t see the problem....

It's not a problem at all. It is just as much a publicity stunt as Victoria Beckham "designing" shoes for Gina. Many years ago Mick Jagger was "designing" shoes too. Any old fool can draw a pretty picture of a pair of shoes and call it a design in the same way as I could draw a pretty picture of a car or an aeroplane. But would the plane or car in my picture actually be possible to produce? Would it actually work? Design is all about using the resources available to produce saleable products that will be easy to mass produce and comply with certain engineering rules. I'm betting that her "designs" will look like everything else on the high street but will just have her name on them.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I'm pretty sure that if she is going to have a line of shoes with her name on them she is going to be a big part of the process of determining which designs see the light of day.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Yes but you can bet your boots that she won't actually be designing them. She certainly won't be cutting patterns, writing spec sheets, cutting plans, closing plans and all the other essential parts of the design process.

Most probably based on what she has worn in the past but at more high street prices either by her choice of by the fashion house that is using or being used by her. She has had some pretty impressive footwear so maybe that would rub off into the market. Al

Yes but you can bet your boots that she won't actually be designing them. She certainly won't be cutting patterns, writing spec sheets, cutting plans, closing plans and all the other essential parts of the design process.

I would call that more likely construction then or realising a design- but it might be a lingual issue.

and all that job is is not what the most *designers*do anyway, but exactly what cole would do: just choosing of what´s available, eventually new colour pattern style combinations but not the construction itself.

this is the point: it is about ideas and creativity here, and of course about marketing in a huge industry which actually functions it self without names needed. but it is eventually what people want - so how nice from that industry, right;)- they will get it.

that´s true there are other people making the actual job and having all the necessary knowledge & experience about it- but well it does not really matter and they normally won´t have the fame a designer will get- just for the *vain* idea of something. .. at the same - who knows,?- we actually don´t- but being rich or popular or what ever does not mean somebody likes highheels less than we here and eventually they do know about it more than me- you- who ever. as an example about victoria beckham- I don´t know about the shoes, I do not know how much she works at her clothes lines but concerning her showed collections I would take her as designer seriously.

No, she'll be more like a design executive. One question she'll be asking a lot is; "can we make something like this?". That makes her as much as a designer as a buyer from a major retailer. In fact I'm doubting whether she'll even have any input at all to the design process. I'm betting all the factory will do is send her some mock ups and ask her which ones she'd be most likely to wear.

I have no knowledge of Cheryl Cole so I don't know whether or not she is capable of designing shoes. However, I know that for the longest time designers seem to have been licensing their name out to most anything for a buck. Some more so than others. I remember many years ago that Yves St. Laurent was thought of as a top designer. I think his clothes were sold at high end stores but I wouldn't have any personal knowledge of that. Eventually, one started seeing goods bearing his initials in the biggest discount stores. I remember rolling my eyes in disgust (picture your teenage daughter) when I finally saw YSL socks. What in the world, I thought, could he do to add value to a pair of socks. They looked for all the world like inferior versions of the "Gold Toes" I had worn for many years. I had the same question about a YSL wallet of nail clippers, for that matter. My wife bought a pair of Carlos Santana shoes a while back. They were pretty shoes but my immediate reaction was "what value could Carlos Santana possibly bring to a shoe design other than capitalization of the company. If he had any involvement at all in the design they would probably have looked more like a Paul Reed Smith. I feel the same way when I see an ad for "Brittany Spears perfume." Does Brittany really have a chemist lab in her back room? I can not visualize her adding drops of scented oils to a mixture and sniffing it to decide if it will sell to a million women. I think the same argument can be made for almost all celebrity, signature products. Any one here ready to shell out big bucks for a Louboutin blender? The point I want to make is, don't be too surprised about the story on Cheryl Cole shoes. I would be interested in going back to the original press release to see if it reported she will actually be designing shoes or that it stated she will simply be marketing a line of shoes with her name. I have a long history of completing projects where, suddenly, bosses come out of the woodwork reporting that they were instrumental in its success. That is true but only because they took a long vacation near the end so I could get it done.

Seems though I remember some time back that Carlos Santana is a big time heel fan. In any case his wife is the one who handles the shoe line.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I have no knowledge of Cheryl Cole so I don't know whether or not she is capable of designing shoes. However, I know that for the longest time designers seem to have been licensing their name out to most anything for a buck. Some more so than others. I remember many years ago that Yves St. Laurent was thought of as a top designer. I think his clothes were sold at high end stores but I wouldn't have any personal knowledge of that. Eventually, one started seeing goods bearing his initials in the biggest discount stores.

I remember rolling my eyes in disgust (picture your teenage daughter) when I finally saw YSL socks. What in the world, I thought, could he do to add value to a pair of socks. They looked for all the world like inferior versions of the "Gold Toes" I had worn for many years. I had the same question about a YSL wallet of nail clippers, for that matter.

My wife bought a pair of Carlos Santana shoes a while back. They were pretty shoes but my immediate reaction was "what value could Carlos Santana possibly bring to a shoe design other than capitalization of the company. If he had any involvement at all in the design they would probably have looked more like a Paul Reed Smith.

I feel the same way when I see an ad for "Brittany Spears perfume." Does Brittany really have a chemist lab in her back room? I can not visualize her adding drops of scented oils to a mixture and sniffing it to decide if it will sell to a million women. I think the same argument can be made for almost all celebrity, signature products. Any one here ready to shell out big bucks for a Louboutin blender?

The point I want to make is, don't be too surprised about the story on Cheryl Cole shoes. I would be interested in going back to the original press release to see if it reported she will actually be designing shoes or that it stated she will simply be marketing a line of shoes with her name. I have a long history of completing projects where, suddenly, bosses come out of the woodwork reporting that they were instrumental in its success. That is true but only because they took a long vacation near the end so I could get it done.

Exactly.

I have no knowledge of Cheryl Cole so I don't know whether or not she is capable of designing shoes. However, I know that for the longest time designers seem to have been licensing their name out to most anything for a buck. Some more so than others. I remember many years ago that Yves St. Laurent was thought of as a top designer. I think his clothes were sold at high end stores but I wouldn't have any personal knowledge of that. Eventually, one started seeing goods bearing his initials in the biggest discount stores.

I remember rolling my eyes in disgust (picture your teenage daughter) when I finally saw YSL socks. What in the world, I thought, could he do to add value to a pair of socks. They looked for all the world like inferior versions of the "Gold Toes" I had worn for many years. I had the same question about a YSL wallet of nail clippers, for that matter.

My wife bought a pair of Carlos Santana shoes a while back. They were pretty shoes but my immediate reaction was "what value could Carlos Santana possibly bring to a shoe design other than capitalization of the company. If he had any involvement at all in the design they would probably have looked more like a Paul Reed Smith.

I feel the same way when I see an ad for "Brittany Spears perfume." Does Brittany really have a chemist lab in her back room? I can not visualize her adding drops of scented oils to a mixture and sniffing it to decide if it will sell to a million women. I think the same argument can be made for almost all celebrity, signature products. Any one here ready to shell out big bucks for a Louboutin blender?

The point I want to make is, don't be too surprised about the story on Cheryl Cole shoes. I would be interested in going back to the original press release to see if it reported she will actually be designing shoes or that it stated she will simply be marketing a line of shoes with her name. I have a long history of completing projects where, suddenly, bosses come out of the woodwork reporting that they were instrumental in its success. That is true but only because they took a long vacation near the end so I could get it done.

Couldn't agree more......And so the Corporate Money-Machine rolls on and on, beating it's inexorable path towards Society's spiritual doom......

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Kobi Levi is a good example for a person I would call a shoe designer. He has been mentioned on this forum before: http://kobilevidesign.blogspot.com/

Today there are not many well known shoe designers who can actually make shoes as did André Perugia, Salvatore Ferragamo etc. (meaning the persons, not the brands).

Christain Louboutin can and so can Patric Cox, he must be able to as he attended the same college I did.

I wish Cheryl would just go away and leave us alone. I can't stand her and her stupid hair and tears and false drama rubbish. Actually... U turn. There's jobs available in our local Wickes DIY shop. I'd love to see her do a full day's work in dungarees and steel toe caps, mind the forklift trucks Cheryl!

I wish Cheryl would just go away and leave us alone. I can't stand her and her stupid hair and tears and false drama rubbish.

Actually... U turn. There's jobs available in our local Wickes DIY shop. I'd love to see her do a full day's work in dungarees and steel toe caps, mind the forklift trucks Cheryl!

She would be right at home in a Wickes store....seeing as she has sawdust for brains.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Why can't you leave the poor girl alone? She's no worse than most "celebrities", many of which you probably admire. If you were in her position you would all be doing the same thing, you would be cashing in on your looks while you still can. To me she always comes across as a sensible, down-to-earth and intelligent. The sort of person you can actually hold a conversation with. I think she has fabulous hair.

Plenty of people are vacuous, including some of the members here but do we slag them off? No we don't. Neither of us actually know Cheryl Cole but I'm pretty sure if you met her you would find her very charming and good company.

I know all that, but I find her to be a non event as a 'talent'. She's averagely pretty, a below average singer and now with no talent in the area, she is to become a 'shoe designer'! It's actually Cowell's fault, and the fault of the idiotic general public for supporting them. I'm all for giving people credit where it's due... But I don't see what Cheryl has done apart from be lucky, steal sweets and then punch a law student in the face in a nightclub toilet.

Perhaps that Law Student had your attitude? I don't think she has done an awful lot and I seriously doubt that anyone will ever erect a statue to her but just think whether the same applies to people you DO like.

The law student was working in a toilet when Cole was Tweedy. Tweedy took a handful of sweets and the law student told her they were not free. Tweedy punches law student in the face. Gets community service and allegations that it was a racially motivated attack. If I had the law student/toilet attendants attitude, I'd Love Cheryl Cole so much, and I would find her charming and good company. If a person has extreme talent (Peter Sellers), or even some kind of talent, then some foibles are often tolerated. But racially motivated attack allegations and nothing other than good hair, do not make a celebrity in my eyes. I don't think people will look back at her career and think. Yes! she made the world a better place.

Was she sentenced for it? No, I think not.

Here is the real story (the one that wasn't reported in the press and came from one of the witnesses).

Cheryl Tweedy walks into the toilet and straight away the toilet attendant "kisses her teeth" at her and turns her back on her. Miss Tweedy uses the toilet and as she washes her hands, Sophie Amogbokpa is looking her up and down with an expression of hostility. When she turned towards Nicola Roberts, Miss Tweedy took a couple of sweets and a lollipop which she had assumed was free. With that Miss Amogbokpa screamed at her and called her a thieving bitch. A heated exchange started and Miss Roberts, Miss Tweedy's friend, went and got security. This was as far as the testimony went.

During the intervening period, Miss Amogbokpa claimed that Miss Tweedy had called her a "Black bitch" and had struck her whereas Cheryl claimed that Miss Amogbokpa had made a grab for Miss Tweedy's handbag, (a claim that was later admitted by Amogbokpa in court) provoking Miss Tweedy to strike out in self defence.

Some time after the hearing, it was revealed that Miss Amogbokpa had auditioned for "Popstars The Rivals" the reality show that culminated in Cheryl Cole winning a place in the Girl band "Girls aloud".

The pop star has been sentenced to complete 120 hours of unpaid community service and must also pay her victim £500 compensation.

Tweedy was additionally ordered to pay £3,000 of prosecution costs.

Judge Richard Haworth told the jury he would accept a majority verdict and the jurors decided by 11 to one that Tweedy was guilty.

Sentencing Tweedy, he criticised her for showing no remorse over the attack.

Sounds like a sentence to me.

I'm not doubting that there may be some kind of back story to this, but who got punched in the face and who got sentenced?

And I still think she has no talent.

"Talent" has nothing to do with it. I'm quite ambivalent towards her TBH, it's just that I don't want this board to become some kind of vehicle to slag off people who aren't here to answer to it!

still you probably will agree, nowadays it seems kind of a dream-job of many: you do not need to know anything, you do not need to have any abilities about it but you give your name for it and get all the *fame* for :smile: