Wore heels in public for first time other day.

So I went into public wearing my 5.25 inch black pumps. Went to the grocery store and to get chinese take out. Got some looks at the store, nothing earth shattering. I felt very weird also. And was shaking a bit. it was different. And why is it harder to walk in heels outside vs in the house? I should have worn my4.5 inch slingbacks. I had jeans on so they covered most of the heels. All in all I'm glad I did it and look forward to next time.

I think nerves are the only reason why you find it harder to walk in heels in public versus at home. Also you are probably gettting a lot more mileage in the grocery store than you are at home. I have found that the grocery store is a great training ground, because the shopping cart is such a great aid to use when learning to walk in heels. For starters though, why not wear some chunky heeled boots?

Congrats heellover21! Yea that was a little much heel wize for your first time out, but all ended well. It does make you think about what one really wants to wear for high heels in public.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Congratulations for your first time out, and for the fact that they were 5-1/4" heels--no small fete. One reason it may seem harder walking in them outside (beside the fact the they were some 5-1/4" heels), is that when we are in the house we can't walk for a long distance without stopping, turning, reversing direction, etc. Outside the distance that we can walk at a stretch is virtually unlimited, so the distance could be a factor too. I've noticed the same thing with shoes that I've worn outside for the first time. Good for you, and keep it up.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

It was quite nerve racking the first time. but I look forward to doing it again. Thank you for the support.

That's part of the fun. You never know what kind of reaction you're going to get from people. I enjoy every reaction I get, positive or negative. Have fun on your next outing.