Finland?

Simcity3

I'm in Finland yes but not quite near Turku... more like near Helsinki. There are not too many Finns on HHPlace... I know only 4 including me :) Others have not been active (atleast I haven't noticed) lately so I don't know if anyone is located near Turku.

• 3 months later...

Most won't give a damn what you are wearing. Some will take a second look and carry on their own busines. Some might point you finger and call you gay. In rare occasions there might by someone coming to you and compliment your courage. Just balance your foorwear with your overall look and style and you will go unnoticed just like any other people around. btw, prepare for snow and wet weather... we just got winter started after 2 months delay. Match your footwear to weather conditions and you'll be just fine.

Most won't give a damn what you are wearing. Some will take a second look and carry on their own busines. Some might point you finger and call you gay. In rare occasions there might by someone coming to you and compliment your courage.

Just balance your foorwear with your overall look and style and you will go unnoticed just like any other people around.

So basically the same as here. Great.

btw, prepare for snow and wet weather... we just got winter started after 2 months delay. Match your footwear to weather conditions and you'll be just fine.

I was affraid of that. I'm going to Seinäjoki and I guess the chance that there won't be snow, when I'll walk around in my suede pumps will by small.

I was affraid of that. I'm going to Seinäjoki and I guess the chance that there won't be snow, when I'll walk around in my suede pumps will by small.

Your ankles are not safe if you're slipping and sliding on snow and ice with shoes ment for summer. And not to mention peoples reactions to anyone who is wearing anything that makes them look like a Bambi on ice... :smile:

Go get some proper winter shoes or boots before you visit Finland, or you might consider speding some bucks at some local shoe store at Seinäjoki to find a shoes to wear outdoors. Even thou Finns tend to wear more practical and casual than high fashion with heels and stuff, you can still find lots and lots of high heeled good quality winter shoes around.

Your ankles are not safe if you're slipping and sliding on snow and ice with shoes ment for summer. And not to mention peoples reactions to anyone who is wearing anything that makes them look like a Bambi on ice... :smile:

Go get some proper winter shoes or boots before you visit Finland, or you might consider speding some bucks at some local shoe store at Seinäjoki to find a shoes to wear outdoors. Even thou Finns tend to wear more practical and casual than high fashion with heels and stuff, you can still find lots and lots of high heeled good quality winter shoes around.

I hear what your saying, but I really want to wear pumps to the theater. I will probably take my ancle boots, too. Just in case.

Most won't give a damn what you are wearing. Some will take a second look and carry on their own busines. Some might point you finger and call you gay. In rare occasions there might by someone coming to you and compliment your courage.

Just balance your foorwear with your overall look and style and you will go unnoticed just like any other people around.

btw, prepare for snow and wet weather... we just got winter started after 2 months delay. Match your footwear to weather conditions and you'll be just fine.

Hehe winter started. Would more say its trying to start :smile:

I'm going to Finland next month. How do Finnish people react to men in heels ?

None have reacted to me the 4 months ive been here. And thats no matter what i wear.

I hear what your saying, but I really want to wear pumps to the theater. I will probably take my ancle boots, too. Just in case.

Simple solution: you wear ankle boots outdoors and change to pumps in theater. Thats what others do when they don't want to wear outdoor shoes indoors. They have bags for ourdoor shoes at theaters cloakroom to keep them safe with your jacket during the show.

• 1 month later...

Simple solution: you wear ankle boots outdoors and change to pumps in theater. Thats what others do when they don't want to wear outdoor shoes indoors. They have bags for ourdoor shoes at theaters cloakroom to keep them safe with your jacket during the show.

My mom did that. I'm just a little sensitive about being casual about it rather that it being an "event". It's difficult to explain. So I actually walked from the hotel in the snow and I made it. So did the shoes. :wavey: