philly meet?

stev55

Just a suggestion, but I think you have to do a little more footwork (so to speak) than that. People won't commit to a vague idea. They need more specifics. So here's what you need to do: 1. Select a date several weeks in the future, so people have a chance to plan for it. Don't conflict or compete with big sports events, local happenings, or other events that are likely to diminish your attendance. 2. Select a place. If you plan lunch or dinner, check with the restaurant management, tell them about our odd hobby (wear your shoes to show him or her an example), make sure there are no problems with it, and that your guests will be welcome. If you're just going to meet at your house, you'll need to make sure it's ok with anyone else living there. If you plan to meet at a mall or go shoe shopping, you need to decide where and when. In my opinion, the restaurant is best. Everyone eats, so why not make a nice social event out of it? Then go shoe shopping to wear off the calories! 3. Once you have a plan, then go ahead and post the announcement. Ask people to PM you if you want them to commit to attending, so you can get a good count. There will often be cancellations as other things come up, so expect that. And sometimes people get cold feet (so to speak, again) and decide not to go at the last minute. Expect that, too. The more homework you do, the better the event will be. We've had several successful heel meets in Canton, Ohio, because Johnie did the footwork and made the arrangements. It wasn't a big demand on his time, but he set the groundwork in motion and it came off well. You can do it, too. Just think it through, plan it, and announce it. People will attend and have fun. If I lived closer to Philly, I'd attend for sure! Good luck! Steve

• 2 weeks later...

If I can find a spot are you interested in meeting for Happy Hour heels??

Will see what I can do. Don't know if I will have a traveling companion from work with me or not. If I can slip away, it's a possibility. Kinda have to be a bit carefull about what I do around co-workers as they are no where near as open-minded as most outside of this hickville area I live in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

South Street is where all the hippies meet.

Actually, I have been all over Philadelphia in heels.

South street has lots of shoe stores and places to eat and drink.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, Almost last minute here..... But is anyone up for coffee, drinks, dinner in Philadelphia this Friday evening? I was thinking visiting the Nine West Outlet in the Market Street Mall. Maybe a stroll down Walnut street and/or South Street. I am free from about 3:30 on. Nice weather is expected too. Cool and clear.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE