Best heel scene in a Movie....

Ladyinred

So I was talking to a great member on this forum and we were discussing heels and heel height preferences.

I replied back that Im into the 3-5 inch heels because that heel range works wonders on the calves.

I gave my favorite example of this in the Movie SOME LIKE IT HOT. The famous "train station scene" where Marilyn Monroe was walking. Its one of those things you have to see because words dont do the scene justice. I was watching a show on Sundance called "LOVE/LUST" and they go through the history of Makeup,Heels,etc basically things we love and lust after.

This particular time they brought the history of the heel. When they got to Marilyn Monroe they were talking about the scene in Some like it Hot.

Legend has it that they sawed off part of the heel of her shoe and thats why she walked a certain way in that scene. I tried to find the scene on youtube but I cant find it. Anyone who hasnt seen the movie MUST SEE IT NOW! Classic.

So my question to you all is, what is your favorite heel scene in a movie?

there are ALOT, the most recent one was when I watched the movie Beastly, at the end was Mary Kate's killer heels when she stepped out the elevator. Those spikey heels were fierce

Whats yours?

• Like 1

I always liked Melanie Griffith in Born Yesterday where she wears the nicest pointed toe slides. They look like she is going to walk out of them but the cling on. Possibly this is why I love to wear one - but with with a higher heel. E

Olivia Newton John in Grease Iconic Scene when she wears a tight black trousers (which she really did have to be sewn in) and red high heel mules, good close up when she stubs out a cigarette and also when she pushes John Travolta away with her foot.

post-207-133522947731_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Olivia Newton John in Grease

Iconic Scene when she wears a tight black trousers (which she really did have to be sewn in) and red high heel mules, good close up when she stubs out a cigarette and also when she pushes John Travolta away with her foot.

Yes, this would be very high up my list as well. I fell in love with those heels when I was a teenage girl and spent the next few years looking for a pair. I did find some eventually - and I also now have about 10 pairs of lycra jeans too....!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Most recent for me is Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, the female lead wore some gorgeous heels throughout. Most notable for me was her first scene where she was putting on a pair of black Christian Louboutin Pigalle 120 pumps. What a gorgeous site that was!

If my memory serves me well, have not seen the film for a few years I believe she has her boots on as they get into the lift together, and she says she has a runner in her pantyhose lifting up her leg so an elderly couple get good eyefull.

life is not a rehearsal

Your right in that the boots are more prominant in the posters than the film, here is a scene where they are clearly seen though.

Cant recall if you see the boots on the pedals but in another scene she drives Geres sports car, here is a bit of the screenplay:

Fasten your seat belts. I am taking you for the ride of your life.

- I'm gonna show you what this car can really do. Are you ready ? - I am ready.

- Hang on. - Okay. - Here we go.

This has pedals like a race car. They're really close together.

So it's probably easier for a woman to drive, 'cause they have little feet.

Except me. I wear a size nine.

You know your foot's as big as your arm from your elbow to your wrist ?

- [ Chuckles ] - Did you know that ?

- No, I didn't know that. - It's a little bit of trivia.

BTW she helps Catherine Zeta Jones on with her boots in this scene from Americas sweethearts ...

same film this clip is a bit suggestive but watch just 5 seconds in!!!

Billy Crystals expression is hillarious :irked:

Black patent thigh boots worn by Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.

I forgot about Pretty Woman. I agree, and the way she moved about in them, so confident and somewhat graceful sticks in my nind. Thanks for posting.

E

Iconic Scene when she wears a tight black trousers (which she really did have to be sewn in) and red high heel mules, good close up when she stubs out a cigarette and also when she pushes John Travolta away with her foot.

My first class about female power..unforgettable!!!!!

Elegance is my second name

The very opening scene of the movie "Roadhouse" with Patrick Swayze. The movie opens with a young woman in a mini dress wearing what looks to be 5 or 6 inch black patent leather stiletto high heels walking from her car into the club. I can watch that scene over and over.

Nice shots near the end of Kindergarden cop, bad lady gets out of the car in her black high heeled court (pumps) shoes. Bye the way love the film Roadhouse.

life is not a rehearsal

Too many to mention I think but the one with Olivia in Grease would be very hihg on thet list. Maby got something to do with memories from my youth.

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

This goes back quite a few years which is an indication of my age but in the original version of The Fly starring Vincent Price there is a scene of his wife coming down the stairs into his laboratory and the camera focuses on a close up of her shoes. She was wearing spikey mules without nylons which in those days was rare because it was considered slutty for a woman to wear heels without nylons. The camera focused in on her pretty feet and showed a close up of her perfectly pedicured nails. At that instant I knew that I had a foot and shoe fetish. I was in love!!

The very opening scene of the movie "Roadhouse" with Patrick Swayze. The movie opens with a young woman in a mini dress wearing what looks to be 5 or 6 inch black patent leather stiletto high heels walking from her car into the club. I can watch that scene over and over.

You mean the 4 inch velvet/suede pumps?

You mean the 4 inch velvet/suede pumps?

Just looked at the DVD (ive taken caps and lightened it up but its very indistinct) and heels are definately Velvet / Suede and about 4in +, there is no light reflecting of them as if they were patent.

post-207-133522947802_thumb.jpg

post-207-133522947808_thumb.jpg

post-207-13352294781_thumb.jpg

post-207-133522947813_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Some close ups of those red clog mules!!!

post-207-133522947816_thumb.jpg

post-207-133522947818_thumb.jpg

post-207-133522947822_thumb.jpg

post-207-133522947826_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

C'mon Guys.

one to catch to give US kudos is Iron Man 2

when they go down to Monaco (I keep missing where) Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) gets to the hotel and gets out of the car. Blink and you miss it or I should say them on His feet.

Oh and the reality is the girls had shoes to die for!!!

Al