Designing and Manufacturing 6-8" Heels in 10-14

irockthebear

Hi I am wondering if there is someone who frequents the forum that is a guru at shoe design. Long story short, I am certain that it is possible to offer shoes like 6inhf and Elite-heels sells for less than they are charging; I have been trying to get a hold of manufacturer(s) directly, but it may be easier if someone here is good at shoe design and wants to take a trip to China. I am not sure this venture will make money so he/she would probably get numerous pairs of shoes for compensation at first, and will be compensated should we break even. I have been researching this a while and there seems to be a market, how big I do not know.... but Im willing to give it a shot; were only going to stock Sz 10-14 and heel heights 6.3-8, so inventory costs/selection will be low. At this point the idea is still venture, but I have all the resources, except an expert to make molds/manufacturing. You guys think its a good idea? Price point will be around $100~ Shoe. I know its possible because for a time 6inhf offered an $80/shoe sale.

I am certain that it is possible to offer shoes like 6inhf and Elite-heels sells for less than they are charging; .

Yes its maybe possible, but remember that companies selling things want to make money. They price things at the level the market is willing to pay to maximise profit. If they are not selling the prices go down. 6 inhf anbd elite-heels have been around for years and I'm sure know their pricing and business well.

Unless you have extensive business expereince its risky to go there.

If all you've done are back-of-the-envelope "what-if" calculations and just have the kernel of an idea, you are almost certain to fail. You will need a full-blown business plan to ask all the right questions. If you don't do that, you have no idea how much you don't know! You can get info on how to do business plans from your library or the internet. Don't risk any money until you are sure you know what you are doing, have all the important questions answered (or at least considered), and know the risks. Steve