New shoes, his and hers

Luckyme

Luckyme Holy c*** Lucky you indeed on both counts of the shoes and the GF (in that she clearly is okay with you in heels also). They are some seriously gorgeous shoes and boots; apologies for the ignorance but would you provide some details of manufacturer (1969?), models and where to buy. Oh, and nice kitchen btw (but expect nothing less from UAE!) R

Waisted Giraffe, They are from a company called 1969 Boutique. Just google them and you'll find all the info. We found them to have fantastic quality but as you might expect, you pay for it. Retail price for all of these combined is around 21,000 dhs which is about 5,800 USD or 4,000 Euro respectively. The blue, grey shoes and brown boots are real python skin and the black leather on the boots is butter soft. I had to put supports inside the boots just so they would stand alone for the photos. Thanks for the kitchen compliments. Its a comtemporary style that is something I've never had before but I like simple and clean lines. Living in the UAE definitely has its advantages. Boutiques for Christian Louboutin, Jimmy Choo, YSL, Loriblu, Gianmarco Lorenzi, Fendi, Burberry, Dior, Gucci, Brian Atwood.... Most if not all of the top designers can be found here as well as the cheaper styles form Steve Madden, Bebe, Aldo.... There is definitely no shortage of towering heels whether shopping at the local malls and boutiques, walking around the area or dining out. Heels are EVERYWHERE you turn! J

post-20079-133522944691_thumb.jpg

post-20079-133522944696_thumb.jpg

post-20079-133522944702_thumb.jpg

Do you get to wear them out in the UAE? Interested in how thing like this play in other cultures and areas of the world.

My question is the same as CassieJ. Are women even able to wear these styles out in the street? I have seen some Arab women here in the US wearing traditional clothing with HOT shoes underneath.

I'm anxiously awaiting for my G/F to get home so we can wear these together! I'm a size 41 and she's a 37. I was amazed at how tiny they look next to mine! WOW!

J

LuckyYOU!

They look great! :)

I checked some offers for shoes of "1969" (i.e. ebay) and... I have to admit - it is out of my price range. But I am not really sure (and hope to cool down) they would not fit in 41 anyway.

Like you wrote - you live in UAE - United Arab Emirates?

Can you go out, walk in heels, without getting verbally harrassed or wihtout gettin gin conflict with the law/ police?

Or do you only wear them at home?

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

The UAE is VERY fashion forward. But since the local Arab women wear their tradition clothing, (abayas and sheilas) over their regular clothes when in public, it mostly goes undetected. Some of the covers they wear are very light weight so its possible to catch glimpses of what they're wearing but since you can't really cover your feet, thats where they really try to make a statement. For many or most of us here on this forum, its easy to spot the footwear. I even saw a woman in one of the hotel restaruants wearing crotch high boots with 5ish inch heels. Normally you can't see this but she wanted everyone to see because with every step she took, her leg would come out from under her abaya. Since about only 20% of the population is local arabs you see more of the fashion on the expatriates. I'd guess that since people are far from home they tend to be more adventurous with fashion choices. Its normal to see 4/5and 6" heels everywhere you go. Gender roles are VERY specific here and a zero tolerance policy is the norm. But don't let that turn you off about the culture and people. The Emirates is a truely wonderful place to live. The people are warm,friendly and generous. They hate the light that mainstream media tends to paint them in and I understand why. Its soooo far from the truth. I'm a guest in their country and I want to be here. I have absolutely no desire to try and impose my fashion taste on a culture that doesn't approve. I would rather live here than ANYWHERE in the world. I'm originally from the US and it doesn't even compare.

Waisted Giraffe,

They are from a company called 1969 Boutique. Just google them and you'll find all the info. We found them to have fantastic quality but as you might expect, you pay for it. Retail price for all of these combined is around 21,000 dhs which is about 5,800 USD or 4,000 Euro respectively. The blue, grey shoes and brown boots are real python skin and the black leather on the boots is butter soft. I had to put supports inside the boots just so they would stand alone for the photos.

Thanks for the kitchen compliments. Its a comtemporary style that is something I've never had before but I like simple and clean lines.

Living in the UAE definitely has its advantages. Boutiques for Christian Louboutin, Jimmy Choo, YSL, Loriblu, Gianmarco Lorenzi, Fendi, Burberry, Dior, Gucci, Brian Atwood.... Most if not all of the top designers can be found here as well as the cheaper styles form Steve Madden, Bebe, Aldo.... There is definitely no shortage of towering heels whether shopping at the local malls and boutiques, walking around the area or dining out. Heels are EVERYWHERE you turn!

J

Very nice collection. Those are some sexy shoes and boots.

Waisted Giraffe,

They are from a company called 1969 Boutique. Just google them and you'll find all the info. We found them to have fantastic quality but as you might expect, you pay for it. Retail price for all of these combined is around 21,000 dhs which is about 5,800 USD or 4,000 Euro respectively. The blue, grey shoes and brown boots are real python skin and the black leather on the boots is butter soft. I had to put supports inside the boots just so they would stand alone for the photos.

Thanks for the kitchen compliments. Its a comtemporary style that is something I've never had before but I like simple and clean lines.

Living in the UAE definitely has its advantages. Boutiques for Christian Louboutin, Jimmy Choo, YSL, Loriblu, Gianmarco Lorenzi, Fendi, Burberry, Dior, Gucci, Brian Atwood.... Most if not all of the top designers can be found here as well as the cheaper styles form Steve Madden, Bebe, Aldo.... There is definitely no shortage of towering heels whether shopping at the local malls and boutiques, walking around the area or dining out. Heels are EVERYWHERE you turn!

J

............ah! at approx £1k per pair i think i'll pass.

Nice collection. So how did the gf like the shoes when she got home? Do you have a picture of her wearing heels too? The black boots with red are great.