Sister in Law's Birthday Party

Foxyheels

Next friday we have been invited to a family birthday party and my sister in law has asked if we will all go in fancy dress. How could I pass up the opportunity to dress up and have a good time. I have decided to go as a 70's dude wearing a White suit with flared trousers.

Now the older members of the forum will know men wore platform heels in the seventies so this gives me an excuse to wear heels whilst with my family.

Now it's not easy to get seventies style platforms unless I pay fifty pounds or go to the trouble of hiring them from a fancy dress shop so I thought I would improvise with a pair of my chunky heeled boots. I have not worn them out before as they are nearly five inches and I usually street heel in four inch or less.

I have taken some pictures

http://s1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee451/Foxyheels/Chunky%20heels/

Be interesting to see what is said but I expect with the rest of my outfit nobody will be in the slightest bit bothered. I can't help thinking how different if would be if I turned up to the party with them on under my jeans if there was no fancy dress theme. I would be in the same boots but I expect the reaction would be very different. I think proof of the way people are so easily conditioned.

I will post some pictures of me and MrsF in our costumes after the party and let you know how it goes.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Men never wore heels like that actually. The heels were much thicker in fact. However, you could always use the excuse that you couldn't find the right heels?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Men never wore heels like that actually. The heels were much thicker in fact. However, you could always use the excuse that you couldn't find the right heels?

I know they are not the correct style as in the seventies, as you say the heel was much wider but hey I've found the nearest alternative available without spending a lot of money. It will be interesting to see if anyone does challenge the authenticity of the footwear part of my outfit. I will have to say 'oh no I Got it wrong now I have to wear these 5" heels all night"

I thought they looked similar to these oops

http://img.joke.co.uk/images/products/generic/large/60398.jpg

:)

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I agree with the others. Wear the boots and I'll bet that nobody would know the difference unless you tell them. Have fun!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Tara is correct. If anyone asks about the boots.. just say ' I tried to find something reasonable but this was all I could come up with. '

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

For boots, I think these boots:

http://www.hhplace.org/attachments/guys/12885d1307370447-who_has_bought_some_new_boots-new_boots.jpg

from this thread:

http://www.hhplace.org/guys/15856-who_has_bought_some_new_boots-86.html

might be closer to what was worn. However I agree with the posters, without spending more money, what you have isn't that bad. You're not expected to be a heel expert. All you need to say is, "I thought the trend back then was chunky high heels...". The heels are high, and they aren't stilletto's, so I'm sure you'd be a lot better off than other guys.

Will definitely be wearing my boots which I will have accidentally mistaken for the type worn in the seventies. Steve my trousers are white mimicking John travolters White suit. They are ladies as I genuinely could not find any men's White flared trousers. My White jacket is also ladies as it only cost five pounds in the sale. I did not deliberately go for ladies clothing but the price and availability ruled out any male option. Not wearing a wig as I have a very 'loud' hat to go with the outfit. I intend to have fun especially if people do question my choice of footwear. Must remind MrsF to take some pictures, I will include her in any I post after the party as I'm sure you would rather see her in her outfit and heels as well. :)

Go for for heaven's sake! They will look very good with jeans ad hopefully jeans will be allowed. I would be happy to have you sit next to me or act as my companion. Just telll me what shoe you would perfer ME in. E

Go for for heaven's sake!

They will look very good with jeans ad hopefully jeans will be allowed. I would be happy to have you sit next to me or act as my companion. Just telll me what shoe you would perfer ME in.

E

I will definitely be wearing them on Friday oh and here is your shoe, first picture added to the album for you. You are right about the jeans they look good under a dark grey pair I have, must go out street heeling in them soon.

http://s1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee451/Foxyheels/Chunky%20heels/

:):winkiss::)

Why not go as yourself? My girlfriend and I went to a fancy dress party called Icons and Idols. We just dressed up in really edgy half matching outfits and said we were from an electro pop group from the future. Whenever I have been to a party and used the theme as an excuse to wear something cool, I always felt like I had cheated myself.

Well I had a great time at the party. Comments came from the men at the party, all very positive including my brother in law saying ''Have you got heels on, brilliant, fair play to you.

Stopped off at our local supermarket on the way home to pick a few things up on MrsFoxyheels suggestion, got to love her for giving me an extra public heeling opportunity.

Several at the party have suggested we go out in our local city centre in our outfits in a few weeks time, can't wait will probably have to wear the boots MrsF had on as I have an identical pair in my size seeing as my original boots were no problem.

Anyway here are the pics.

http://s1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee451/Foxyheels/Fancy%20Dress/

Well I had a great time at the party. Comments came from the men at the party, all very positive including my brother in law saying ''Have you got heels on, brilliant, fair play to you.

Stopped off at our local supermarket on the way home to pick a few things up on MrsFoxyheels suggestion, got to love her for giving me an extra public heeling opportunity.

Several at the party have suggested we go out in our local city centre in our outfits in a few weeks time, can't wait will probably have to wear the boots MrsF had on as I have an identical pair in my size seeing as my original boots were no problem.

Anyway here are the pics.

http://s1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee451/Foxyheels/Fancy%20Dress/

The pictures really capture how much the two of you enjoy each other. I hope you have many many more years of enjoyment!

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Well done, Foxy and Mrs Foxy! You looked great and obviously enjoyed yourselves. But I have to say that your pics reminded me of just how much I disliked the 1970s!