Down main street in heels

My first attempt at a ‘story’. Although I write Change Management documentation I don’t write stories much. Be nice. I am away working at site this week as I do most weeks. I work at a site which is near a large-ish country town. Large-ish for Western Australia anyway but probably tiny compared to US towns. It is sort of a mining town about two hours drive down from Perth. I always pack at least one pair of heels just in case really but don’t get much chance to show them off. It is hi-viz and steel toe boots at the site even though I work in the offices and never actually go into the processing or plant parts of the site. Mostly after leaving site I am in my motel room in town maybe sipping some red wine with some cheese (like tonight) or I might go for a drive somewhere. Sometimes I go over to the motel restaurant for dinner and a couple of times I have worn heels over there. But mostly I am in my room with my notebook computer to amuse me and half watching the TV but there are not many channels available here (5). Yesterday I really wanted the excitement of wearing my heels somewhere so after getting back to the motel I decided to go for a little adventure and wore my current favourite heels for a small outing to the newsagent and chemist on what is sort of the main street of the town. I purposely parked a bit away from the shops I was going to in order to have to walk a little further and I parked on the other side of the road so I would have to cross the road. I was wearing jeans with my heels. It is winter but I am currently totally into the look of sort of boring jeans but with sexy high heels (see my icon). I went past the chemist and down to the newsagent first. I was at the newsagent for about 10 minutes or so looking around and ended up buying a Cosmo. It was about 5:15 (I don’t leave the site until 4:30 and it is about a 20 minute drive back into town) and not many people came in. There were only two guys that came in and they were still in their hi-viz and work boots. So my heels did not get much attention there that I noticed. Then I went back to the chemist and spent some time looking around there before buying a pack of nail boards and some lavender scented soap. There were more men in the chemist. Mostly waiting for prescriptions I think. I glimpsed a few of them quickly checking out my heels as I walked around. Leaving the chemist going back to my car I go past three ATMs and at the last ATM there were three guys huddled around and one of them spotted me in my heels and I notice him telling the other two to look. I really wanted to stop and give them a longer look but the ATM is back off the street as part of the bank and there is no where to stop without just stopping in the middle of the footpath which would have looked really stupid. I thought about stopping and turning around and walking back to the chemist like I had forgotten something but didn’t. So then it was across the road and back to my car, heels off and driving thongs on, then back to my motel unit. It was exciting and I enjoyed it. Wearing awesome heels up the street in a dusty mining town. Girls in heels are common in the Hay Street Mall in Perth city but I bet they are almost never seen on the street here. Christine.

Nice read christine_c9,not a bad "story".Im sure more men noticed you,they must have.Theres no way that a bunch of men would not notice one of the few females wearing heels out and about :) Hopefully you'll have more fun outings on these work trips :)

• 2 weeks later...

that's a great story! don't be so hard on yourself :) it's awesome to hear that women also get the same excitement as i (and im sure all the other guys on here) get when we're out in our heels too. I sometimes think that ladies take for granted the fact that they can wear their high heels out and about without even thinking twice, but it sounds like you really appreciated going about your business wearing something a little bit special on your feet. Thankyou!

• 3 weeks later...

thats not a bad story :) and i have to admit i love the look of heels under jeans to. its been so long since ive worn heels, the exitement of wearing them around is awsome, im yet to have the courage to wear mine in a public place ive only ever gone to places where i wouldnt get caught lol

wild for plats :silly:

i have to admit i love the look of heels under jeans

I have been into heels with jeans since late summer. I have had to take up some of my jeans a little bit because I don’t like them covering my foot too much and so that sort of most of the shoe and heel can be seen. No fun wearing sexy heels out if they can’t be seen.

What sort of heels do you like?

Christine.

I have been into heels with jeans since late summer. I have had to take up some of my jeans a little bit because I don’t like them covering my foot too much and so that sort of most of the shoe and heel can be seen. No fun wearing sexy heels out if they can’t be seen.

What sort of heels do you like?

Christine.

Thank God, Christine! I wish more women thought as you do, not just on this aspect of heel wearing but other aspects and philosophies of heel wearing as well. Rock those heels, girl!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

thats not a bad story :) and i have to admit i love the look of heels under jeans to. its been so long since ive worn heels, the exitement of wearing them around is awsome, im yet to have the courage to wear mine in a public place ive only ever gone to places where i wouldnt get caught lol

hhfan,

You DO have the courage, and certainly have the civil right, to wear high heels in public anywhere you want. What if you "get caught" wearing the footwear of your choice? What could the penalty possibly be? They may have confiscated the guns in Australia a few years ago but they cannot confiscate your heels! The barriers are the ones you erect in your own mind. The world is simply too busy and complicated to worry about what you have on your feet. Trust me on this one and all the others here on hhplace who have commented on it. Life really is too short to worry about a bogeymen who will never show his face. This is YOUR time, now go out there and take it!!!

HappyinHeels:wavey:

Greetings Christine :-)

It was a nice story to read.

I think you made the safest decision not turning around and walking back to the chemist.

Be safe and take care !

SleekHeels

I agree with you about the boring evenings when we travel for work.

Good idea to bring a pair of heels. Maybe I will do that next time !

Understand the heels in a mining town as opposed to the Hay St Mall. You can therefore understand how I felt when I walked down Hay St Mall in 6" ankle boots and jeans. Excited yes but very cautious_ a girl you see every day , but a guy .......

If there is one thing I miss about working in the city it would be getting to wear heels to work … and maybe getting to get nice coffee from Cino or Gloria Jeans once or twice a day. Okay so that’s two things. Doing document control and documentation is mostly sitting so apart from the walk from the carpark it is perfect for someone who likes to wear heels. But really I don’t miss having to drive in and out of the city every day and the cost of parking.

I honestly can’t imagine seeing a guy in 6” ankle boots in Perth :-) I Just so can’t.

Did you do it during the day or at night?

Christine.

Wondering why seeing a guy wearing heels in Perth would be so unusual ?

Is Perth an industrial or blue collar type of city ?

I guess Perth is sort of a really big mining town … in a way. But I didn’t mean it that way. I just don’t imagine guys in Perth wearing heels. I worked in the city for three years and up until about a year ago I have been to clubs in the city, Northbridge, and Fremantle lots of times and I never spotted any guys wearing heels. But I guess since joining this site I am learning that there are more guys into wearing heels than I probably thought.

Christine.