Your maximum heel height

XtremeHeels

Maximum walkable heel height  

338 members have voted

1. 1. Maximum walkable heel height

Hello everyone. I just thought I would put this out there because I was curious. I just wanted to know what your maximum heel height without platform you are able to walk in. For me, I am able to walk in 7 inch stiletto's!

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

For me, I am able to walk in 7 inch stiletto's!

Dude, what size do you take. I find 7 inch without a platform beyond extreme unless you have a large shoe size. At a size 11 I can barely walk in 6 inch heels.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I have 8-inch heels, but am realizing my limits. So I believe 6-inch heels is as high as I'm going to walk around in. Maybe someday, back to 4-5 inches.

Formally "HHDude"

Depends what you mean by walking in them. I can walk in my 7" shoes but only for a short while before my calf muscles tell me to take them off. I can comfortably cope with a pair of 5" heels for long periods and could go out in them fora few hours if I wanted too. I would probably be down to 4" to manage all day in heels, with the majority of the time on my feet and have done this already. Also to consider is the location as it's so much easier to heel at home than out on the street so there may be a different answer for different situations. Of course practice makes perfect so I expect with regular exposure to long periods of progressively higher heels my stamina would increase and the heel height would go up.

• Like 1

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Depends what you mean by walking in them. I can walk in my 7" shoes but only for a short while before my calf muscles tell me to take them off.

I can comfortably cope with a pair of 5" heels for long periods and could go out in them fora few hours if I wanted too.

I would probably be down to 4" to manage all day in heels, with the majority of the time on my feet and have done this already.

Also to consider is the location as it's so much easier to heel at home than out on the street so there may be a different answer for different situations.

Of course practice makes perfect so I expect with regular exposure to long periods of progressively higher heels my stamina would increase and the heel height would go up.

@ Foxyheels,

I just wanted to know how high of a heel you are able to walk in. You answered my question perfectly. I can walk in 7 inch stiletto's but not for long distances either. I just wear them around the house and I usually keep them on for hours but do alot of sitting!

I'm actually starting to comfortably wear my 5" heeled Miguel Jones boots. I find that if I stay with at least the 4" ones all day and in the evening during the work week that the 5inch ones become tolerable for all day wear by the weekend. It's a work in progress. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

As I have stated in a few other posts, I walk and feel comfortable in 5" stiletto heels. I can walk in 6" high heels, but I don't walk as quickly as I would like and I'm just not as comfortable in them. Wearing 4" high heels is like wearing an athletic shoe with a wedge. And 3' high heels are like wearing flats.

As I have stated in a few other posts, I walk and feel comfortable in 5" stiletto heels. I can walk in 6" high heels, but I don't walk as quickly as I would like and I'm just not as comfortable in them. Wearing 4" high heels is like wearing an athletic shoe with a wedge. And 3' high heels are like wearing flats.

I would have to agree, Roni. I never really considered heels below 4 inches "high". I started out in 41/2 inch stiletto boots, so I learned the hard way. :) Personal preference, of course.

When I first tried high heels it was the 5 inch stiletto thigh boots in my avatar. I was absolutely flabbergasted that I found them comfortable and could walk easily in them.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I've extremely comfortable in 5 to 5-1/2 inch heels - Please Seduce like my avitar. Just purchased Domina 3000 boots - 6-1/4 inch heel - walkable fun, just a much shorter stride. you have to take your time - helps you enjoy the stroll more.

@ tallguyinheels,

I too have a pair of the Domina boots and they are just great to wear and walk in! I am most comfortable wearing heels between 5 1/2 and 6 1/2 inchs high but I have to agree that the higher the heel the more enjoyable the feeling when walking in them!

@ tallguyinheels,

I too have a pair of the Domina boots and they are just great to wear and walk in! I am most comfortable wearing heels between 5 1/2 and 6 1/2 inchs high but I have to agree that the higher the heel the more enjoyable the feeling when walking in them!

Ha, that depends on how long you wear them for.

I can mange five inches comfortably but then my feet are smaller than yours.

I find that anything higher than five begins to affect my ability to glide.

six inch heels just seem to push my foot further forward more than up and leave me feeling unbalanced.

I find that anything higher than five begins to affect my ability to glide.

six inch heels just seem to push my foot further forward more than up and leave me feeling unbalanced.

Surely that is the beauty of a lady in heels? One who can wear them very high and be graceful at the same time.

I find no pleasure in seeing a lady who has got fabulous shoes but is staggering along and looking less than graceful.

"A man cannot make a pair of shoes rightly unless he do it in a devout manner" - Thomas Carlyle

Surely that is the beauty of a lady in heels? One who can wear them very high and be graceful at the same time.

I find no pleasure in seeing a lady who has got fabulous shoes but is staggering along and looking less than graceful.

Totally agree, you see so many women that go just an inch too high and it just lets down the whole look as they stagger around

• 2 weeks later...

My comfort zone is from 4" up to 5" heels (I wear EUR43 / UK9 / US11,5). I can walk in 5.5" without any problem, but it requires more attention / effort. I just ordered my first pair of 6" heels (not received yet) so I can't tell yet. 3" heels and under are still comfortable but too low to feel / realize I'm wearing heels (in other words, when I'm wearing 3" heels or lower, I quickly forget that I'm wearing heels). And below 1", it often becomes painful if I walk a lot, especially when wearing completely flat shoes : my heels hurt at the end of the day and I need to wear heels (3" to 4") or walk tip-toe, to relief that pain. Saying that makes me realize that my problem with flat shoes tends to be more frequent these days...

5 inches, I can manage a whole day without major problems. Yesterday I had 6 inches throughout the evening - that I feel today...:) Of course, depending on how the shoes look.. 6-7 inch wedges, I have often at work.

5.5" is fine for several hours around the house. I once walked about a mile in 6-inchers but my ankles were rather wobbly towards the end! I have a pair of 4-inch wedge trainers which I could hike in all day. I have a pair of 7-inchers and can walk a couple of hundred yards in them but can't straighten my knees properly. I take size 8 UK. All these are without platform, of course.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

I can 'walk' in a 16cm/6.25" pair of heels with no platform (in black size 42 eu from www.fuss-schuhe.de) but then what do you call walking?!!:smile: I think many around here own a pair of 6"or even 7" heels and wears them sometime indoors, but actually wear them going out and walk in an elegant way only few can I think, and I have much respect for the one who does!!

I'm kind of wobbly still and for sure when wearing them longer than 15min without sitting down and on hard floors it's more difficult than carpet or other surface where the heel slightly sinks... I have a pair of 18cm/7.2" heels but even standing in them is very hard without bending the knees...

I don't have any lower heels in my size, (I think it's less exciting when a heel can be walked in with ease) but I think I can manage a 12.5cm/5" heel and walk quite 'normal' in them for some time. I'm going to get a pair someday in that height (or similar arch with platform) or a 14cm/5.5" heel that probably is the perfect heel where the foot is in a vertical position and with practice the wearer still can walk elegantly in...

Any woman that walks even in town/shopping etc with great elegance in anything higher than 12.5cm/5" deserves great respect in my opinion!:irked:

post-27134-13352294796_thumb.jpg

I agree with you, Roberto74! I own a pair of 6 inch stilettos with no platform and I can barely walk in them. After owning them for several years I realized that I'm not going to get any better in them. BTW they are size US11. Maybe the guys with larger foot sizes can wear them as the instep isn't quite so extreme. I have heard several claims from other members that they can wear them, but from my own experience I tend to doubt it without video proof.

I mostly prefer 14cm/5.5 inches as I can wear them having large feet. Unfortunately :irked:. I can walk in them around the house easily and that made me think I could walk in them outside as well. Well, not quite. I often have to close up the place I work in and that recently gave me the idea to do so while wearing a pair of Leatherworks 5.5 inch heels. At home I usually lounge about, and just go to the bathroom or kitchen. Walking around for half an hour closing things off made me realize my skills aren't there yet by fare. I wouldn't say I was walking around like a whale, but I don't think it was elegant either. Plus I'm way slower in heels then I imagined I would. Overall a very interesting experience that I will probably repeat. Again in 5.5inch heels, because once you go up, anything lower loses its thrill.

I can 'walk' in a 16cm/6.25" pair of heels with no platform (in black size 42 eu from www.fuss-schuhe.de) but then what do you call walking?!!:smile: I think many around here own a pair of 6"or even 7" heels and wears them sometime indoors, but actually wear them going out and walk in an elegant way only few can I think, and I have much respect for the one who does!!

I'm kind of wobbly still and for sure when wearing them longer than 15min without sitting down and on hard floors it's more difficult than carpet or other surface where the heel slightly sinks... I have a pair of 18cm/7.2" heels but even standing in them is very hard without bending the knees...

I don't have any lower heels in my size, (I think it's less exciting when a heel can be walked in with ease) but I think I can manage a 12.5cm/5" heel and walk quite 'normal' in them for some time. I'm going to get a pair someday in that height (or similar arch with platform) or a 14cm/5.5" heel that probably is the perfect heel where the foot is in a vertical position and with practice the wearer still can walk elegantly in...

Any woman that walks even in town/shopping etc with great elegance in anything higher than 12.5cm/5" deserves great respect in my opinion!:irked:

I know exactly what you mean. I too admire anyone who is able to walk elegantly in such high heels. I have only a couple pairs of heels that I am not able to walk in or keep my legs straight in ( I am slowly working on that though! ) I just love the challenge of walking in such extreme heels! I am very comfortable in 6.5 inch heels and have worn them outside for a late night walk on several occasions, but I don't think I will be doing so in any of my 7 inch heels any time soon. I wear my 7 inch heels around the house and out on the patio but that is as far as I will go!