Plastic Heel Pieces- where to buy?

In the past I have only found them online and in bulk. I suspect many shoe makers shoot their own plastics for shoes or contract it out. My local cobbler used to be able to fix broken heels but even he can't get the parts anymore.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 7 months later...

One just hopes that my little response does not stay burried here and if anyone does like to respond I hope that I find out as I am still getting to know how this sistem works. Now as for the heel tips, and I assume that is mostly what the question is about. My patent leather square toe pumps have black heel tip that orignally fit to the bottom of the heel with three round nubbes that fit into three little round holes in the bottom of the heel body. One day the left heel tip began to crack which began to expose the little nails which began to cat claw the carpet. What I did was to go to the local industrial plastic supplier and got a block of Nylon about one by two by four inch at the rem price of $4 per pound. With a six inch small saw I cut the toumbstone shape then to the grinder to smooth and trim to the proper shape adn size. Then back to the saw to cut that in half. Next putting a small multi flute cutter in the drillpress and holding the bottom of the new heel tip down flat on the DP table I trimmed the shape that would fit into the hole in the heel body. For this I made my replacement tip to fit the larger middle hole say the toumbstone shape with the two corners taken out by round holes and another at the top. And this is not using the three orignal mounting holes. After some trimming and measuring and fitting I rammed the replacement into the end of the heel and also made the new tip about a hundred mill thicker than the orignal (3.8 mm). At this point the right tip has not begun to crack but I have a spare. It would be fairly easy for me to show some pictures of this but posting pictures and viewing them here is quite restricted. Let me know if this helps.

One just hopes that my little response does not stay burried here and if anyone does like to respond I hope that I find out as I am still getting to know how this sistem works. Now as for the heel tips, and I assume that is mostly what the question is about. My patent leather square toe pumps have black heel tip that orignally fit to the bottom of the heel with three round nubbes that fit into three little round holes in the bottom of the heel body. One day the left heel tip began to crack which began to expose the little nails which began to cat claw the carpet. What I did was to go to the local industrial plastic supplier and got a block of Nylon about one by two by four inch at the rem price of $4 per pound. With a six inch small saw I cut the toumbstone shape then to the grinder to smooth and trim to the proper shape adn size. Then back to the saw to cut that in half. Next putting a small multi flute cutter in the drillpress and holding the bottom of the new heel tip down flat on the DP table I trimmed the shape that would fit into the hole in the heel body. For this I made my replacement tip to fit the larger middle hole say the toumbstone shape with the two corners taken out by round holes and another at the top. And this is not using the three orignal mounting holes. After some trimming and measuring and fitting I rammed the replacement into the end of the heel and also made the new tip about a hundred mill thicker than the orignal (3.8 mm). At this point the right tip has not begun to crack but I have a spare. It would be fairly easy for me to show some pictures of this but posting pictures and viewing them here is quite restricted. Let me know if this helps.

What the original poster is looking for is the heel block not the top lift (heel tip).

Just happened to check back here. The heel block I guess that is the body of the heel to make your own shoe design. Well that same Nylon can be acquired form some supplier of industrial plastic in some great sizes and carve any heel body that you like. Another way would be to sculpt a piece of wood and cover it with PVC of Acrylic by melting with Tetrahydrofuran or Methelenchloride as for where to just buy them that I do not know.

• 4 weeks later...

A while back, someone posted some pics of a ' one off ' pair of metal shoes/heels.

Im thinking of ordering a pair of ' Berta ' from that link and taking them to a local cnc shop.

What I have done so far is taken some 1/4 ( 0.250" ) plate and made cutouts from some Dr. Schol's shoe inserts. Im using an ' english hammer ' and a bender to get them to form into a pair of older high heels I have here.

Once I have a heel and a base, I can make the ' straps '.

When Its done, I have a sand/media blaster and a powdercoating setup here in my own shop to do the finish work. Add a leather insole and it should be fine.

Its a long process though as smoothing out the welds and creases in some areas where it will be a tight bend will be tricky. A dremel tool and the media/dies/grinders dont work very well on hardened steel.

I was originally going to use a form of aluminized metal but felt it would be too weak.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.