Packing a shoe

I have orderd a pair of heels a size bigger for more conferred but am worried they will be to much of a gap at the back what is the best material to pack the front of the shoes

We are all hear fir the same reason HEELS!!!

A foam inner sock will sort this problem out. You can buy them at any good shoe repair shop or department store.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I have orderd a pair of heels a size bigger for more conferred but am worried they will be to much of a gap at the back what is the best material to pack the front of the shoes

The best material is unused BUBBLE GUM (Bazooka brand, the pink color type). Use as much as needed. After you get the right amount packed into the front of the shoe, you MUST cover it all up with the waxy wrapper (cut size to match) and then, add scotch tape (or clear packaging tape or sticky Contact Paper) so that the gum never gets wet.

Do it right and you will get the best, cheapest and permanent fix possible. It also allows you to wear the heels barefoot, with pantyhose or socks.

Try some of the pound shops for memory foam insoles. I cut them up and shove in the front of the shoe, once they've moulded, the're usually ok. Sometimes if the shoe has got sloppy I wear a pair of thick black mens socks with a pair of knee length black stockings (3 pairs for a quid from Tesco) over the top. With a pair of jeans or black bottoms the're not noticeable and are so comfortable too :smile:

The reality is there is no comfortable way to pack a shoe, especially a high heel. You should have ordered the right size.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Dr. Shoe makes a good point, that I have to agree with. It is best to avoid having to pack the front of any footwear. Buy the proper size for shoes. However, with closed-toe boots, it is usually wise to go half or one full size larger for practical reasons. If you are going out, it is much more unlikely for you to take boots off (than shoes) to give your toes a breather. One full size larger will even help you wear the boots 24 hours straight or even, over an entire weekend (if needed). Also, feet swell and boots can be become difficult to take off. In regards to packing material, cut-up foam, tissues and any other permeable materials can be a problem or nuisance: a) when they fall out, :smile: when they get wet from sweat, c) when they get wet from rain. If they are single sole shoes, rain water will inevitably soak through the front of the shoes and into the packing foam. Bubble gum, putty or any similar material will keep rain water outside the shoe. Also, covering up the gum with waxy paper and Scotch tape from the inside will prevent it from falling out and also, from getting wet from sweat and become sticky. However, once again, follow Dr. Shoe's advice and avoid having to pack the front of any footwear.

• 1 month later...