Walking consciously

Nina

Hello again,I just really noticed what a difference it makes when we walk in heels consciously. What I mean is, not letting the day to day chores etc get in the way of the wonderful experience of being in heels. For much of the day I think we almost forget we are wearing them; kindof taking the experience for granted.When I'm walking along the street I really focus my concentration on the feel of the sole of the shoes caressing the arches of my feet, the feeling of the pointy shoe around my toes, the angle that my feet are at giving that high-arch tiptoe feel, the balls of my feet and the metal tips of my stilettos making contact with the ground every step. The difference in feel to if I'm wearing nylons or going bare, where the nylons give a slight feeling of movement within my shoes against the shiny inner soles and the feeling of extra grip inside my shoes when going without.The pleasure this gives is incredible! Like wearing heels for the first time but without any pain whatsoever because my feet are so used to them.I may be waffling a bit, but is really worth feeling the pleasure!!N.

• Like 1

Very well put!!! You are right in every instance that you have related. With my physical situation I have to be a little more focused on my shoe than most others, but I do enjoy the experience of a four-inch stiletto.

• 2 months later...

I certainly find myself walking consciously in high heels. It is as if every step involves striking a pose in its own right. That’s why I think about myself as ‘strutting’ rather than walking when I’ve got my favourite shoes on. I have many friends who say things like ‘I can’t walk in high heels’ and I can’t help feeling that this is because they expect to be able to walk the same way as they would in trainers – shuffling, stomping and letting the padding in the shoe compensate for their technique as they slam their feet down. With high heels, every step is a masterpiece; a precise, controlled movement that’s as much about the aesthetics of how you walk as it is about getting from one place to another. The way you place your feet, the way you shift your weight from one leg to the other, your posture, all of this becomes more accurate, poised and graceful. Every step is a little pleasure, a minute frisson of excitement that lifts your day. I love the feel of my favourite shoes on my feet too – the caress, if you can call it that, of lining fabrics and leathers, the secure hug of straps as you adjust them and as they hold your shoes on, the way shoes lift you up and point you forward, enhancing the definition of your figure, it all helps make you conscious of yourself in a good way. Certainly, you might not get there as fast as your compatriots yomping along in misshapen Uggs or ghastly trainers, but it’s better to get there in style, with poise and meticulously placed movements that show you off and ensure that you’re feeling a whole lot better about the world when you reach your destination.

Alexa

• Like 2

I walk as if all eyes are on me, making sure every step is perfect, trying to get a consistent sound every time. It's such a sexy feeling, makes all the aches and training pay off when you catch someone watching your feet trying to have a sneaky peek! Sophie x

I like how you put it!

It does take a lot of effort to wear a pair of high heel stilettos all day. To have someone admire or appreciate that is the cherry on top of the cake :irked:

I walk as if all eyes are on me, making sure every step is perfect, trying to get a consistent sound every time. It's such a sexy feeling, makes all the aches and training pay off when you catch someone watching your feet trying to have a sneaky peek!

Sophie x

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...