Louboutin Eight Inch Heels

UKsensation

Can it be that Louboutin did some 8 inch heels but with 2 or 3 inch platform?

None that have been advertised, photographed, or reviewed. But yes, a heel that high meant for normal wear would have a substantial platform to leave the arch/lift at 4 to 5 inches.

Maybe someone got their wires twisted after the Louboutin/Lynch "Fetish" exhibition which featured some ballet-like styles for photographic purposes only.

There's a lot of misinformation in the press. Rubber is often reported as being PVC. Obvious four inch heels are reported as being six inch heels. The recent McQueen alien boots were reported as having "10 inch heels" when in fact that was the distance to the very top of the boot (ankle), not to the top of the heel. There are many other examples.

may be it is about the louboutins exhibition with david lynch in paris?

balletheels made for it might have been eight inches high.

http://www.tunc.biz/louboutin_lynch_fetish_red.jpg

Great find, pata!

But these are no ballet heels in my opinion but just to high heels and only a fetish object. Same style was already shown in John Willie's Bizarre. So Louboutin only warmed up an old "style".

I will post a picture if I can find it.

I also can double what jo said about wrong advertised heel heights.

ehm, right!

I believe there were balletboots with overlong heels too, but not sure anymore as I cannot find the pictures.

but here a nice gallery with some of those

http://www.wallpaper.com/gallery/art/fetish-louboutin-and-lynch/17050136/1#15529

but about those 8 inch: or somebody just mixed up cm and inches (this has happened to me too making a description of 16 inch heels while it was *just* cm), - and somebody else made it right away *news*.... :smile::D:wave:

These 'shoes' are very thrilling, so called 'pseudo-heels' with the heel being too long and not able to stand on them. Maybe if the heel is just slightly too long it might be possible with very flexible feet? Maybe a balletdancer or any of the extreme heel wearers here have some kind of pseudoheel in her collection and able to stand up in them? That would be the ultimate punishment/bondage-heel when only with very much effort you just might be able to get the foot to touch the ground and stand up/walk some steps.... :smile: From which height is a heel really too high to even stand on anymore even for a well-trained ultraheel-wearer? Roberto

• 4 months later...

From which height is a heel really too high to even stand on anymore even for a well-trained ultraheel-wearer?

Roberto

If you mean without platforms, this necessarily depends somewhat on the size of a person's foot. A longer foot will accommodate a higher heel. I have very small feet, about 8 1/2 inches long--size 5 US, which is 35 in European sizes or 3 UK.

(As an aside, it's interesting to me that in US sized shoes, I almost always have to go up a half size for width, but with the shoes I have in European sizes, I never have, the 35's are always fine. It's kind of nice to have shoes that fit in both length and width, not that 35s are easy to find.)

Anyway, I've pulled out my measuring tape. If I point my toes, and put them perpendicular to the floor, the measurement from under the back of my heel to the floor is just shy of 6". So, for me, 6" heels would have to be those ballet heels, unless there is a really significant platform, and anything higher than that would just be physically impossible. (I don't know how much height would be added by whatever is in the toe box of the ballet heels, but I'm considering that as "platform," not to be counted in what we're considering here.)

And for pumps: If I change the position of my foot so that the toes are flat on the ground, and arch my foot as much as possible while keeping the knee centered above the foot in a way that could bear weight, the distance from my heel to the ground is about 4 3/4". I suppose that with extreme heel training, the kind that alters the structure of your foot, someone with feet like mine might be able to push it to 5" or 5 1/4'". But this would involve pushing the ankle out so far over the toes that the heel would not really be able to provide support to the foot.

The highest I have ever done is 4" (actually 5" with a 1" platform). On my foot, that looks pretty dramatic. Just about every girl I know looked at those and said, "OMG, I would never wear heels that high!" But I'm pretty sure some of the HAVE worn heels that high, only their feet are bigger than mine, so it doesn't put their foot in the same position. That pair hurts a lot, but I think it's partly because the toe box is too narrow for me. They really shorten my stride, though, and I'm already short and a slow walker; so, I don't wear them very often because when I do, everyone has to slow down and wait for me all the time.

But someone with longer feet would be able to wear higher heels.

Hi Violet,

Thanks for your answer and nice to have you around...

Yes I can imagine with small feet size 35 (eu) it's almost impossible to wear a full 6"(15cm) heel. 5" with 1"platform is already very high. Did you ever try any higher to see if you could actually stand/walk in them?

I guess the 7" extreme stiletto heels on for example www.milanoo.com still exceed that 5" height in your size 35, but then again in any size that shoe pushes the foot/ankle so extremely forward that the arch is too extreme for almost everybody to stand and walk straight in them anymore (without bending the knees) and would feel like a punishment if you can't sit down in just a few minutes wouldn't it? And the very thin stiletto heel makes them even more 'wobbly'/less supportive and I guess they would be about the ultimate fetish shoe (apart from that 8"Louboutin or a pseudoheel where the heel is taller than the shoe itself and the wearer can only sit/crawl on her knees...)

I saw a comment on that website of Pernilla (the Pernilla in this forum?) that she did wear those 7.1" heels also on a night out the whole evening! Wow! I'm sure she got some stares of people seeing someone walk in those extreme heels! But I hope she could sit down most of the time, or otherwise the challenge would be even bigger than it already is wearing them! Much respect though...