A high platform and crutches

I was part of a girls night out with four friends and neighbors. Marie was driving her caravan and I was in the forward passenger seat because I was using crutches that night and getting in and out on one leg was much easier. I was in jeans and wore a clog with a heel of about three inches and a platform of about an inch with a pointed closed toe. We passed an intimate aperal store and someone shouted that we go in and look around. After about ten minutes Jane held up a sandal with a platform of about three inches and a stiletto heel of about eight inches. "Here you go, Erica. If you can wear this with your crutches your drinks and eats tonight are on me. The other three girls were stunned that Jane, who is fearless would even think of my wearing that shoe. Myself, having pushed the envelope by wearing a four inch stiletto every day with crutches; took the challange. "Are you sure that you want to do this?" asked the young clerk as she fastened the ankle strap. She held my crutches at the ready as she stood in front of me as if th catch me if I fell off of my plat. I stood and she said to stand still for a moment to acclimate to my added height. I had lengthened my crutches to maximum but they still were a little short but useable. I planted my crutches ahead by about a foot and swung through, slowly and carefully. Several short steps completed, I became braver and completed two laps around the store, putting the girls in awe. I have noticed in pictures and videos that in a plat sandal, the wearer's toes extend a little beyond the endn of the sole and mine did as well. No one could say why. I was amazed that I could not only walk in a plat and on crutches, but did well, just as graceful as if wearing a much lower heel. Another accomplishment to add to the list.

You are very kind. Thank you. I can't begin to describe the thrill that I was feeling as I stood for the first time in such a shoe and easily walked in nit an on my crutches. E

You are probably right. I would have to get another pair of crutches to match the added height, but why not. But, it is not a shoe that I would wear to work and I don't need it to get to the bedroom.

Confident Girl

' I don't need it to get to the bedroom.

A nice statement it reminds me of my first girlfriend back in 1973 also minus an arm but no lack of confidence..

Lots of respect to you E.

Al

eoneleg,

Sorry, for your leg.

I know that it is usually easier to wear flats than high heels, so KUDOS to you.

FYI -

1) Toes stick out of high heel shoes usually because the toe and mid-foot strap(s) are inadequate or too loose for the feet wearing them. There are several ways to fix the problem. One way is to add ball-of-foot or high heel shoe cushions to take up some space.

Another way is to tighten the toe and foot straps until you get the proper fit. Find a shoe repairman to do it or you can do-it-yourself. The easiest method is to keep adding material (like the hairy side of Velco) to the inside of the toe and mid-foot straps until you get the proper fit. If the glue on the Velco doesn't hold, then add some Super Glue and/or sew a few stitches. Of course, be careful to not make the straps too tight.

====

2) In case you don't know, shoes with 3 inch platforms and 8 inch high heels that are sold in apparel stores (not fetish stores) are usually designed for club wear (i.e., use in strip clubs, gentlemen's club, etc.). Of course, feel free to wear whatever you want to, as you can see there are some men here who wear women's shoes in public.

====

3) An INCREDIBLE AMPUTEE in World War II

Your story reminded me of a story that I read many, many times in an old issue of Bizarre magazine. I no longer have those magazines, but was able to find parts of the story on the Internet.

P.C. wrote "I had been in the Blitz and my left leg and left arm had both been amputated. In addition my right hand had been amputated above the wrist. I had become very devoted friends with one of the nurses... she decided to leave the hospital and devoted herself to taking care of me...When going through my belongings, she found a trunk containing my high heeled boots and corsets and one evening she suggested I try them on again.........................she eventually agreed to release me (from a boot with a 8-inch heel and small platform inside) if I would "walk" from one side of the room to the other, using one crutch....I managed to develop a mincing hop...As months went by I became more and more accomplished".

I think that was an amazing achievement for this woman with only one leg and no hands. However, if you ever try to do what this woman did, she also wrote "Nowadays I rarely have the boot taken off, but when I do I find that my foot has become almost permanently set in the position corresponding to the high heel, and that to put it into what was the normal position is quite painful and difficult." Of course, with the use two hands, you should be able to take your shoe or boot off more often than this woman did. Otherwise, some foot flexing/stretching exercise may be needed.

There is more to this woman's story in issue No. 19 of Bizarre magazine (published by John Willie in 1956) on pages 20-24. There is a thread about "John Willie" under the "ULTRA HIGH HEELS" category on this forum, where some members mention having the Bizarre magazines.

========

4) An INCREDIBLE DOUBLE LEG AMPUTEE walking in high heel shoes

I first read about Aimmee Mullins 10 years ago as the first double leg amputee (LBK and RBK when she was 1 year old) to walk in high heel shoes with a specially-made pair of carbon-fiber prosthetic legs. That was an astonishing achievement!

Since then, Aimmee has made even more progress. She now has a beautiful pair of handcarved wooden high-heeled prosthetic legs used on a model runway, glass-like polyurethane high heeled prosthetic legs and more. Watch Aimmee in a video talking about all of this. She looks so beautiful and sexy walking around in a real pair of very high heel shoes without crutches.

http://scienceblogs.com/bioephemera/2009/04/a_tribute_to_isis.php

I know there is a big difference between a RBK (right leg below the knee amputee) and RAK (right leg above the knee amputee), but perhaps(?) someone can make something similar for a RAK, who wanted to walk in high heel shoes without crutches.

========

Hope you find this information useful.

Best Wishes!