Skirts!

quidam

A couple of days ago, I made, for me, a monumental decision about my immediate future as a freestyler. I gathered up all my jeans and capri pants, put them in a box and took them to the Public Storage facility a mile from home where I have a bin and stuffed them there. What this means is that from this moment on, I'm all skirts (and the occasional dress), all of the time. I've said several times in reports on my jaunts that I can't see any reason to wear pants or jeans when I'd rather wear a skirt which I have so much fun doing. Skirts suit me, they look good on me and I'm perfectly at ease and comfortable in them, whether I'm pairing them with flat shoes or heels. With over three dozen skirts in my collection, long, short and inbetween, casual and dressy, and offerings for winter, spring, summer and fall, I've got a skirt for almost any and every occasion, and I mean to take advantage of everything I have. More to come....

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Jeff, that's quite an achievement making skirts work for you all year round whatever the weather. I don't think I'd ever box up all my trousers like that though, while I do enjoy wearing skirts and they are a great way to show off a nice pair of heels, I do miss my trousers after a day or two.

If you like it, wear it.

Good for you. If it wasn't for my job, then I might be doing the same.

Well, even though I only have time to do my jaunting on weekends, it's still something I'm looking forward to doing.

Jeff, that's quite an achievement making skirts work for you all year round whatever the weather. I don't think I'd ever box up all my trousers like that though, while I do enjoy wearing skirts and they are a great way to show off a nice pair of heels, I do miss my trousers after a day or two.

I haven't worn pants or jeans on my outings since April or May or last year, and I don't miss them at all. I haven't even looked at my jeans in months until I stored them away. As for wearing skirts all year long, it's all a matter of what I wear, and what I wear with them. Case in point, since it's still winter, the easy choice is longer skirts with tights and knee boots, and that combination keeps me perfectly warm. I've even studied up online on a practical way to wear short skirts in winter, pairing them with leggings and knee boots, and yes, I mean to give that combination a try. Spring and summer are easy, warmer weather, shorter hemlines. Believe me, after this miserable winter, I can't wait! Having fully devoted myself to wearing only skirts on my outings, I mean to do it right, and have fun at the same time!

I think you're right about the warmth, long skirts do seem to trap the warmth, often far better than trousers do. Knee boots with a mid-calf length skirt are one of my favourite winter looks, especially since that seems to work far better with heels than with flats.

If you like it, wear it.

Knee boots with a mid-calf length skirt are one of my favourite winter looks, especially since that seems to work far better with heels than with flats.

Quite right. And if that longer skirt is an A-line, the style quotient ramps up considerably in my book. Now, I've seen women out and about sporting knee length and shorter skirts with tights (plain and patterned) and flat-heeled riding boots, and I find that to be a great look as well, one I want to try myself.

Going to have some major changes in  my life in a month or so time. Be living on my own  and will be wearing a skirt most days. Which means I will be buying more skirt and high heels. Going to buy more casual skirts as at the moment only own mainly smart and evening wear skirts.

I think you're right about the warmth, long skirts do seem to trap the warmth, often far better than trousers do.

Not only do they hold the warmth during cold days, they also keep heat out better than trousers during hot days...

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

Going to have some major changes in  my life in a month or so time. Be living on my own  and will be wearing a skirt most days. Which means I will be buying more skirt and high heels. Going to buy more casual skirts as at the moment only own mainly smart and evening wear skirts.

Most interesting. By all means, keep us appraised as to your exploits.

• 1 month later...

After having worn a plaid skirt two days ago, the first time I wore something other than a plain single color, I'm thinking I might experiment more with stuff like florals, prints, patterns and brighter colors. When it comes to skirts, the variety is tremendous, and I want to broaden my horizons in that arena.

Bought a suede mini skirt the other day.  Little shorter then I wanted but it looks good with knee high boots.. Need to shave my legs then I might take a photo

A suede mini, eh? Sounds intriguing! I'll be most interested in seeing what you'll look like in it. And yes, knee boots always look good with a short skirt.

• 5 weeks later...

Now that it's getting warmer out, I plan on getting a long denim skirt for wearing out, as well as having a custom-made kilt done up.  Granted they are used a bit differently, but they are both stylish and I also may be working on embellishing the skirt with a custom bedazzler pattern that I'll be doing myself.  Should be fun!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Now that it's getting warmer out, I plan on getting a long denim skirt for wearing out, as well as having a custom-made kilt done up.  Granted they are used a bit differently, but they are both stylish and I also may be working on embellishing the skirt with a custom bedazzler pattern that I'll be doing myself.  Should be fun!

Well, I certainly hope there will be pictures to show everyone because what you described sounds plenty interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

The suede mini skirt is a bit small for me. The poppers keep coming undone every time I move. Have bought  2 more pairs and 1 pair is going straight back to the seller. Looked good on the listing but not so now that have it.

• 5 weeks later...

I was straightening up my closet this morning when, much to my surprise, I found a pair of capri pants there. I was a tad puzzled, thinking I had put them all into storage, with nothing else better to do, I decided to put them on just for fun. Here's something that wound not being a surprise, the capris looked....odd, even strange on me, and I think I know why. I've become so used to wearing only skirts on my outings, bifurcated garments like jeans leave me somewhat cold, and what I think looked good on me once no longer does. Weird? Peculiar? Who can say. It's just the way I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Found my leather skirt that I thought I throw away my mistake.  It was under my bed draw. Only found the skirt because I took the draw right out. Once I have some spare time might make an effort to take some photos.

• 2 weeks later...

I had considered a kilt style, but something like one of those utilikilts, that is until I saw the price tags - - nope, not gonna happen. Besides that, I really don't think a heel would be right with a utilikilt. I imagine there might be a couple styles that would work, but it just seems to be a bad mix. I was out shopping at the nearest mall. and as usual, I don't see many women in skirts or heels of any kind. I saw three skirts in an hour and a half, and I believe at least two of those were actual employee's, so for me to even consider the option in public would be an option I don't think I or the general public locally would be able to handle. Even my worn out holy jeans are noticed. Now that I think of it, my holy jeans get more attention than when I have been out in heeled boots. I haven't mixed the two, but maybe I should - - Hmmmmm As for comfort, I can easily see the advantage in the summer. When the wife and girls are gone, I've taken to working around the house in a denim mini when it gets in the upper 90 degree range. Wife isn't well adjusted to the idea, and doesn't want the girls to see. but it does have it's comfort advantages. If I ever did decide to wear a skirt out in public, it would probably be something like the trouser skirt listed by the OP, or something long in a casual style.

If your looking for some nice skirts to wear with you high heels look up HolyClothing http://holyclothing.com/index.php/skirts.html

http://holyclothing....php/skirts.html  For nice fem skirts to go with you high heels.

If your looking for some nice skirts to wear with you high heels look up HolyClothing http://holyclothing.com/index.php/skirts.html

http://holyclothing....php/skirts.html  For nice fem skirts to go with you high heels.

Those are nice, and the prices are reasonable, but damned - even the women around here don't wear anything as nice as that. Not even on Sunday. I can't dress better than the local women - - it might cause a "deliverance" issue, if you know what I mean.

Hmmmmm - - now if I start traveling again-----

Edited by Heelster

• 4 weeks later...

As folks here who follow my thread well know, I've had, for lack of a better term, a fetish for wearing long skirts this summer. I've come to love how they look on me, how they swish about my ankles and calves as I walk, and how feminine they make me feel. So, when I saw a nice long print skirt at Burlington Coat Factory on Thursday for all of $19.99, I just had to have it.  But when I got back home and put it on, I honestly had no idea the damn thing had the wingspan of an NBA center! I'm not kidding, as you can see in the pic below, this skirt is ridiculously voluminous, spanning close to seven feet across.... and I LOVED it! This is perhaps the most incredible skirt I've ever worn, and I can't wait to take it out for a spin!

post-154-0-70100300-1408787282_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

As folks here who follow my thread well know, I've had, for lack of a better term, a fetish for wearing long skirts this summer. I've come to love how they look on me, how they swish about my ankles and calves as I walk, and how feminine they make me feel. So, when I saw a nice long print skirt at Burlington Coat Factory on Thursday for all of $19.99, I just had to have it.  But when I got back home and put it on, I honestly had no idea the damn thing had the wingspan of an NBA center! I'm not kidding, as you can see in the pic below, this skirt is ridiculously voluminous, spanning close to seven feet across.... and I LOVED it! This is perhaps the most incredible skirt I've ever worn, and I can't wait to take it out for a spin!

I want.

First photo is my mini skirt I owned for couple of years now, but looks great with my boots  post-2673-0-45269800-1410258179_thumb.jp

Second photo is a skirt I bought couple of months ago.  post-2673-0-61250600-1410258283_thumb.jp Goes with the heels I'm wearing.

Got some more photos to add but I like to sort out outfit for the photo shot.

I want.

First photo is my mini skirt I owned for couple of years now, but looks great with my boots  attachicon.gif010.JPG

Second photo is a skirt I bought couple of months ago.  attachicon.gif007.JPG Goes with the heels I'm wearing.

Got some more photos to add but I like to sort out outfit for the photo shot.

Nice pics there, my friend. You definitely look sharp.

Here is an interesting site I stumbled upon.  It has several albums and pics of ordinary men in skirts.  Like it says on the site.  After seeing these you will see just how "uneventful" a guy in a skirt really is.

http://www.picturetrail.com/patagoniakid

I think that "uneventful" is a good word to use regarding that site and the pics.

• 4 weeks later...

I got kind of curious, and just ordered a long denim skirt.  I might actually venture outside with this, maybe with some tall boots.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/style-co-denim-maxi-skirt-oxford-wash?ID=1520859&CategoryID=131#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D16%26kws%3Ddenim%20skirt%26slotId%3D3

That skirt looks sharp, radiodave! By all means, let us know how things go when you venture out.

Here are a couple of my recent skirt purchases:

post-12051-0-86621100-1413247109_thumb.j

This floral skirt is from Oasis in their current sale:

http://www.oasis-stores.com/the-ellie-mini/skirts/oasis/fcp-product/3440100200

post-12051-0-24541300-1413247117_thumb.j

This denim skirt is from New Look, the website still has the darker version available but I found my one in store.

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/skirts/blue-high-waisted-denim-pencil-skirt_309996346

I was so pleased to find the denim skirt in the sale that I also bought a cute pair of flats to go with it:

post-12051-0-97342800-1413247124_thumb.j

If you like it, wear it.

Here are a couple of my recent skirt purchases:

attachicon.giffloralskirt1.jpg

This floral skirt is from Oasis in their current sale:

http://www.oasis-stores.com/the-ellie-mini/skirts/oasis/fcp-product/3440100200

attachicon.gifdenimskirt1.jpg

This denim skirt is from New Look, the website still has the darker version available but I found my one in store.

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/skirts/blue-high-waisted-denim-pencil-skirt_309996346

I was so pleased to find the denim skirt in the sale that I also bought a cute pair of flats to go with it:

attachicon.gifdenimskirt3.jpg

Very nice, SH! Very nice indeed! All three outfits look like something I'd wear, in a New York minute! Your pictures describe to perfection why wearing skirts and heels (or flats) are so much fun!

Very nice, SH! Very nice indeed! All three outfits look like something I'd wear, in a New York minute! Your pictures describe to perfection why wearing skirts and heels (or flats) are so much fun!

Well Jeff, having incorporated skirts into your freestyle fashion so effectively, your enthusiastic reaction is encouraging and very much appreciated.

If you like it, wear it.