Pony for a day (pony boots)

b2please

I've been curiously intrigued by any posts on pony boots, and I'm always amazed and turned away by the high costs. And I've never done pony play as such. I've also been impressed by littleblue's progress: so fast progressing to higher heels. So I got inspired to experiment with my leather Pleaser 1020 Seduce boots and see if a pair could be easily converted into pony boots. These LEATHER 1020s are very fun & comfortable. (5" heel measured in back) Those are the highest I can walk well indoors (Not ready to walk far & confidently outside however). Goals: * See if fun to wear. * See how difficult to walk * See if dangerous tipping (with smaller area to balance on) * See if sensation & noise made it seem more pony like. * See if making your own is really impractical / impossible. Results: I had fun clopping around the house doing chores (when I could concentrate) for 4 hours! But I kept thinking of reasons to walk around and enjoy them To me, a GREAT success! FUN! Challenging, but safe & doable. Noise is VERY clip clop horsey. Not dangerous: Very stable side to side & easy to take small steps. NOT tippy sideways or forward, but sometimes need to step backwards to keep balance (as they can tip backwards if you lean back slightly). Even this "clopping" step backwards seemed horse like. Took 70 min to quickly sketch out/ modify/ cut & sand and until I was wearing them (without spray paint yet.) My first pony boots came out at 7" effective heel. It was doable, fun and my calves are sore today!! I was determined to see if I had some scrap plywood that would fit my pony boot experiment. I imagined I could cut one piece more hoof looking to fasten to the boot bottom, and cut another piece (just part of a 2x4 to a "ground contact" wedge, making the heel effectively higher. I looked at Punitive shoes for an idea where the back of the hoof should be (farther forward than the heel on a normal shoe. but if the balance point is too far forward it would make the wearer tip backwards.) So, 4 pieces of wood to cut (2 pairs) and I'd try attaching everything with strong double sided foam tape I have. In the pics, the light colored area on top didn't get painted as it was under the stuck-on boot & masking tape. This first experiment doesn't much LOOK like pony boots! Picture 5 is the most instructive. But I think they did a great job of ACTING like fantastic, comfortable pony boots, at the maximum heel height I could handle. The double sided tape did hold for hours, but was NOISY as parts stuck/ unstuck every step. But the hooves never got loose. I put wide blue 3M masking tape on the shoe (easy to remove, but strong for purposes like these!) Next time I'll put hot melt or epoxy blue between the shoe's blue tape & the hoof. I think play foam or something could be used to overhaul the outside shape & looks in a fast easy way & light weight. Picture 5 is the most instructive.

post-21041-13352293761_thumb.jpg

post-21041-133522937613_thumb.jpg

post-21041-133522937615_thumb.jpg

post-21041-133522937617_thumb.jpg

post-21041-133522937619_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Okay, now I'm having visions of Dr. Shoe horseback riding in stilettos.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Okay, now I'm having visions of Dr. Shoe horseback riding in stilettos.

'Pata' has already done this in Ballet Boots, on her own beautiful pony.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"