First Pair of heels

Equadox

Hello everyone :smile: I like heels since I was 15 now I'm 18 and bought my first pair yesterday. It was very nice to walk on them for the first time, at home. Does anyone have tips for covering them to walk outside? Its also cool if some people who wear heels could add me to their MSN Messenger. Equadox

About tips for covering heels outside walking. One way is to buy "jeans" who has longer legs and perhaps with a boot cut so they can "swallow" the heels nicely. For exampel, I normally wear 32" lenght jeans, for about 4-5" heel normally 36" lenght will do the job. Perhaps was this some sort of help and good luck with your outside heeling.

If you are worried you can cover them at first but as time goes by wear slightly shorter trousers so some heel shows, and judge the reaction. In Enlgland, heels are accepted as mens footwear, and I have always let my shoes show, but I can understand if you are in a very opressive country. Edited: I noticed you are in NL which is in my opinion one of the most progressive countries so you should have no problem if you want to show the heels. I myself have worn heels on full show in Rottadam, and Amsterdam with no problems. However, do what you are comfortable with to begin with and gradually push the boundries towards what you desire, when you see there is no difficulty. ____________________________ Believe in your right to wear what you want <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-02-22 01:10 ]</font>

yea, your prolly lucky...im in canada and if i wore my boots outside even with high length pants id get made fun of...dunno about in like downtown areas of toronto...but at and around my school people are quite close minded...sucks...maybe when i go to university things will be different...im considering going to utwente in netherlands or possibly lu or liu in sweden...i know fashion is more open minded in europe than north america

You think people in your area are close minded. Have you tried it yet? You'll be amazed how little people are interested in a man's footwear. Just think about how few glances you do to what your mates wear. Not everybody is as intersted in shoes as the people on this board. Girls will catch it sooner because they are more interested but most will find it "cool" a boy also wears nice styles for a change. Take the bull by the horn and go for it. The reservation is more in your mind as in theirs.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Equadox, I've been wearing heels in public for only a few months now, 4" block and blade heels. At first I walked around in 34" jeans which left only about 1" of heel visible. I used those jeans as a tool to build more confidence. Now I go around in 32" jeans which show all of the heel, and I personally think this looks better. Maybe a better way to 'hide' your heels is to wear jeans the same color as your shoes (black I presume), this tends to 'camouflage' your heels. After about a month you'll find you're much more confident in blue jeans showing all of the heel. And never mind that one bad day when you got a few laughs, those people don't have that second brain cell (next to the other one they use to breathe) to realize heels look good on men too.

terayon: I'm also in Canada. Kitchener, Ontario in fact. I've been outside a few times when I have the courage, gone shopping once or twice... If you wish to chat, e-mail me or give me a shout through Messenger [they're both the same address]. I might be able to give you some reactions I've gotten [or not gotten]. Let me know! Equadox: I went shopping for some long pants, I regularly wear 34" length and practically the longest they sell here is 36", which is hardly any different, so I bought the longest I could find and made some modifications myself, not the greatest, but it does the job. :smile: I've experimented with all kinds of stupid ideas, but modifying pants was the easiest and best solution I found... hades <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hades on 2002-02-24 20:09 ]</font>

That's quite a boot Equadox! Any person, girl or boy, wearing a boot of that unusual style will attract a few stares. It might be better to build up your confidence in public with something a little more mainstream, but whichever way you go, have fun with your boots and post here to tell us how you got on :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

Equadox: I'm afraid I'll have to side with Firefox on this one. While those boots look spectacular, (very clean lines!) they're hardly beginner-in-public boots. Like Firefox said, it's likely nobody could wear those in public without a few stares. You might want to consider something more like a pair of block heel boots with a 2" to 4" heel for starters. IMHO Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying