Annual mall trip

I can't recall the exact day I went to the Mall, but it was a friday or monday recently.

I took my annual trip to the Mall, usually every 2 weeks, but I had not had a vehicle to use for a month or two, so it had been awhile. Didn't have any heels to go out with (preferably wedges for me), so I just took off my socks and went on in.

First stop was Macy's, and I was kinda disappointed. They had many racks of Clearance shoes, but most of them had wide bare spaces, especially with the size 11s section. They were Ok shoes, but of course, I like them high and with a platform, preferably. So I left Macy's without trying any on. I went next door to Carson's and was better satisfied, but not fully. There were wedges that were interesting, but not enough to try on. Then I found a pretty cute peep-toe bootie that I wanted to try on, but I got nervous. Passerbys (a girl and 2-3 boys) and the women trying on were around, not to mention that it was a salesman that went to the back to get the shoe. So I merely look at it and gave it back to him, and left to the next store.

Now this part has some "romance" in it, as it... well, you'll see. If you want to continue the main story, just skip this part.

So I went to Cherrie's, the prom-like store I told everyone about a year or two ago. It had moved locations in the Mall since then, so that would be my next stop. I went it and was greeted and advised ('Need any help'), and I looked around. In a minute of walking around, a girl approached me and asked, "You're the guy that tried on the heels before, right?" I looked at her and it didn't strike me at first, but I made the connection that she was most likely the other girl that kinda stood up for me when I was there last summer. (Basically, the gist of it was that people were looking at me trying on a pair of shoes, and the first girl pretty much yelled at them as if it was her they were looking at. I had a crush on her ever since, but she since disappeared). So I attempted to make conversation, but was too shy and went on to continue looking around.

I looked around and was helped by the saleslady, and I found a red pair of wedges that appealed to me. So I asked to see them, and she went and got them for me. As that happened, a few people came into the store, one in particular with a male with them; the others were girls, around 2-3 of them. When I got them, I asked to try them on. And it's weird because although I asked shyly to try them on, it didn't phase me that there were some people in the store. I got both shoes on and walked in front of the mirror, not caring about anyone looking. I made small talk with the saleslady about how I should have worn all-red instead of all-blue to fit the look :-? 60-70 dollars wasn't a bad price, but it would take another 10-20 to find some black/red-seamed pants to fit, so I gave back the shoes and left for now.

Next was my favorite place: Bakers. I always check the site beforehand to see what my store may/may not have that I wanted to try on, and I hoped that this time, I would be pleased. I visited the Mall in January and was greatly disappointed that just about none of the shoes from the site were there, or at least in my size.

But this time... I was very pleased; made up for what the other stores lacked.

I saw the display before going in and saw the super-high platforms (5 3/4 inch heels alone! 1 3/4 inch plat = 4inch steepness!) I was longing to try on. Honestly, it may have been the main reason I went there that day. So I went in and saw the manager working as usual. She probably knows me by now from previous frequent visits to the Mall; but she was different this time around... Surprisingly, She had on heels! I was shocked because she rarely had heels on, and if so, they were extremely low. But she was finally wearing, and working, a pair of heels, a pair from the Spring Preview collection, and they looked stunning on her. (Sadly, I forgot to compliment her on her choice that day :P. I went on to look around, as usual, with a few other people in there at the time, and basically, I stall until it was somewhat empty before I asked to see the plats in an 11.

Small joke: A woman was in there when I was, and had on a Cubs uniform. She left and minutes later, a woman with a White Sox uniform on comes in... Luckily they weren't in there at the same time :)

Another lady in the store blurts out, "Everyone likes those shoes! It's crazy!" Hate that I missed the lady trying them on :) But then, she asks for a pair, and walks out, leaving her phone behind ;) And that's that, haha.

Anyway, I receive the shoes and get ready to try them on. The manager basically alerts me of how high they are before I tried them on, and as I did, people starting coming in, two couples and a small family of females (mom and girls). It doesn't even slow me down from trying them on, which was surprising to me. When I got them on, I figured they would be tight around the toe but loosened with wear. I got up and walked to the mirror to see how they looked. I may have had "outsiders" looking through the glass at me, but I paid no mind. For starters, they were not only tight around the toe, but pretty damned high. I felt like I should have worn heels 24/7 prior to coming and trying them on, but I managed for the most part. Overall, they didn't seem too 'stripper-ish' as some that came and left said they were. Maybe I can nab them from the store next week :unsure: With that being all they had, I asked for an app, and left.

Last stop was a store called "Xclusive Shoes", one of the stores that held mainly 10s and select brands having 11s. Sandals could fit, though, even though I was an 11 in women's. But I went in anyway, being one of the stores that I frequent every month or so (they don't get many brands as Bakers or even Macy's). I went in to being greeted by a salesgirl (she looked to be in the teens or college-aged), and looked at only the middle section, since it was my only interest in the whole store. I tried on two pairs of wedges, and they were Ok. One pair was slightly tight-fitting, and the other had many straps (strap-design basically) but fitted comfortably. I handed them both back to her, and couldn't help but ask her a question: "You don't think I'm weird, do you? Me trying on heels and all?" She replied "No." And oddly, I kept badgering her with "You sure?" "Positive?" "Very?" Then she finally came back with a "I guess I attract those kinds of customers." And we laughed a little. Then I left. Back to Cherrie's.

I couldn't help but go back and ask the girl if she had seen the "outburst" girl or not. Sadly, she didn't :P And I left there, with a free mind now.

That ends another visit to the Mall. Hopefully, I can bring back my courage to walk out there in heels, even if wedges. Then the story can really be a "high heel theme" then :P Hope you all enjoyed :silly:

Formally "HHDude"