Question -- pain-relief creams?

outback5

Question

My girlfriend is fairly new at wearing high heels and we both are enjoying it a lot!! She has a 5inch pair that leave her feet pretty sore after a few hours of wearing them. The heels fit fine and are the right size. I have heard that you can buy a numbing cream to apply to the foot so as not to feel the pain? Is this true and if so where can we buy some and what is the name of the product? Thanks!

6 answers to this question

More than likely she is not accustomed to such a high heel yet. 5 inches is pretty high, especially if she has a small foot (like a 7 or 8 ). Going from a 2 1/2" to a 3 1/2" heel (one inch step up in height) is rather easy, while going from 4" to 5" (also a 1 inch step) is quite a challenge. What is the highest heel she has worn (before the 5 inchers)? If it's 3 1/2 or 4", that's what is going on. Get her something a little bit lower, like 4 1/2" and allow her to get used to them. Then step up to the 5's. Pain is the body's way of telling you something is wrong and you should stop doing whatever is causing it. Masking that pain could lead to trouble and is not recommended. (BTW, this thread is more in line with the "foot care" forum so it is going there.)

Have a happy time!

Forgive me for saying, but if she is really new at wearing heels it might be better to fine a little lower heel to start with. Depending on how small her feet are even trying a 4in heel would make a world of difference and after she has gotten comfortable wearing something just a little lower then increase the wearing of the 5in and even then it maybe a good ideal to continue to wear the lower heels on occasion just because they will be more comfortable to wear and may help keep her interest in wearing heels for the both of you. Now to answer your question this is in no way professional medical advice, but by prescription 1% lidocane topical ointments are available that are used for external localized pain relief not really recommended. Hope this helped.

Going from a virtual flat (assuming) to 5" heel is a major jump. I've worn undersung western boots with 2"+ heels for some 20 years and found 5" heels to be a bit much especially on the balls of my feet. Now - - for what it's worth, I do know a couple professional dancers (stripper/pole) that claim to use - - - - Anal Ease on the balls of their feet on long night on stage. I'm not gonna recommend that, but I guess it's what they found and had that worked.

My girlfriend is fairly new at wearing high heels and we both are enjoying it a lot!! She has a 5inch pair that leave her feet pretty sore after a few hours of wearing them. The heels fit fine and are the right size. I have heard that you can buy a numbing cream to apply to the foot so as not to feel the pain? Is this true and if so where can we buy some and what is the name of the product?

Thanks!

I just happened upon this thread. So how is your girlfriend doing? There are some good suggestions within this thread. I guess the bottom line is to use whatever works best if she is going to continue to wear five inch high heels on a regular basis.