Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I wore the same outfit to Remkee's grocery this afternoon.  The gal at the deli made a point of calling me "Sir", which is usually a salutation of disapproval when your a guy wearing a skirt.  As I was leaving an older guy nearly fell over his feet as he turned around to stare. I think the shoes caught his attention first and from there it was stark disbelief.

post-530-0-71182300-1428596410_thumb.jpg

I made another stop at my favorite thrift store and gave the impression that I had been wearing the skirt and shoes all day.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I wore the same outfit to Remkee's grocery this afternoon.  The gal at the deli made a point of calling me "Sir", which is usually a salutation of disapproval when your a guy wearing a skirt.  As I was leaving an older guy nearly fell over his feet as he turned around to stare. I think the shoes caught his attention first and from there it was stark disbelief.

I made another stop at my favorite thrift store and gave the impression that I had been wearing the skirt and shoes all day.

Oh, I don't know about that. I've been called "sir" many times when out an about in a skirt and heels and was treated with respect. By the by, cool outfit there, TBG!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

A few weeks ago I bought a black sun dress (strapless open top) at my favorite thrift store and I remember joking that now all I had to do was to figure out how to wear it.  Well, this morning I gave it a try.  It was either wear it or take it back so I wore the dress with hose, a denim jacket, and initially with brown pumps with an ⅛" block heel (flats).  I had my boots in the car and put them on before I went in anywhere.

post-530-0-83141800-1428675975_thumb.jpg

I stopped at Kroger's for some milk.  I did get several looks as I walked through the store.  My favorite clerk saw me and said ,"Oh nice dress... I like that.  I also liked your shoes yesterday."  It seems I do make an impression.

I told her, "This took a little nerve to wear... but if I'm wearing these (indicating my boots), I'll wear almost anything."  That got a nice laugh.

I stopped in a park and took some pictures.

post-530-0-18416000-1428676163_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-21664000-1428675975_thumb.jpg 

:wavey:

JeffB -  The "Sir" I got was not meant politely.  I seem to get called "Hon" more than anything else, except at Sam's, where they call me by name.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Nice as usual, TBG! Good to see you working flats into your ensembles, proof positive that you're expanding your fashion world and it's boundaries. Keep on keeping on, my friend.

Good heavens, TBG! Wearing white before Memorial Day? Shocking! Positively shocking!  :lmao:

Guys -   Thanks for the comments but I thought the best part of the post was the Commercial link at the end.  It almost made me go out and by some Pistachios (or some new boots).  If you missed it, take a look.

TBG

Guys -   Thanks for the comments but I thought the best part of the post was the Commercial link at the end.  It almost made me go out and by some Pistachios (or some new boots).  If you missed it, take a look.

TBG

Well - the advert was different, as well as being rather good to watch!   But completely spoiled for me by the statement 'Dominatrix do it ...', which was mis-using 'dominatrix' as a plural; it should of course have been 'dominatrixes' (or, if one is as strict as she ought to be, 'dominatrices').   The narrator deserves a good spanking for this error - as no doubt he was hoping.    (But maybe he was just taking the pis - tachio.)

TBG

You probably already have enough boots! HA!

I ran out to Kroger's and Walgreen's early this morning looking for a birthday card. :bdaycake:  I wore a blue T-shirt under a denim cropped jacket, denim shorts, and black leather thigh high boots with 5 1/4" stiletto heels.  I didn't wear hose, but I should have.  The boots are a lot more comfortable with hose even/especially in warm weather.

post-530-0-31022700-1429275848_thumb.jpg

You probably already have enough boots! HA!

I'm not sure I understand the concept...Is it like having too many pumps or too many skirts? :penitent:

I'm not sure I understand the concept...Is it like having too many pumps or too many skirts? :penitent:

Heh! Point taken!

Spring has spring.  While the temperatures were still cool I cut and airrated the lawn in heeled boots.

post-530-0-25025800-1429449220_thumb.jpg

The next day got out the bike and went riding in hose, a skort, and pumps with an 1/8" block heel.  This was a short ride; I have to get my legs ans seat used to riding again.

post-530-0-32365700-1429449219_thumb.jpg

I had to run to Kroger's for milk and OJ.  I changed tops for a violet big open neck shirt,

post-530-0-62173500-1429463207_thumb.jpg

and pulled on a cropped denim jacket, and my black leather thigh boots with 5 1/4" stilettos.

post-530-0-01481900-1429463207_thumb.jpg

The shopping was uneventful but I did notice a couple of folks giving their partners a poke and nodding in my direction to insure everyone shared the experience.  Alas (isn't that a great word?), my favorite clerk was not on duty.

I stopped at Tuesday Morning only to find the door locked..  The manager saw me and came out to tell me they were taking inventory and that they would open in a couple of hours.

I got home and took a picture in between rain drops if for no other reason than to confirm the widely held suspicion that "TBG doesn't have enough sense to come in out of the rain".

TBG, I like the first outfit with the light blue denim skirt. It really suits you. The last skirt looks a bit baggy but I can't see it that well. I think I would have gone with thick tights rather than leggings, IMHO. :wink:

Nice outfits, TBG! Good to see you can successfully work flats into your ensembles and still look nice. Well done, my friend!

Very nice outfit with the longer skirt, TBG. You shouldn't have felt disappointed because your favorite clerk wasn't around, you should dress for yourself first and everyone else second.

Time for a little yard work.  I pulled out an old pair of wood sandals that look nice but I had forgotten how uncomfortable they are to wear.  I may use them for lounging around, which is the use for which I think they were intended, but not for a lot of walking. 

post-530-0-67701000-1430846983_thumb.jpg

As I was walking along the sidewalk, a guy in a pickup nearly lost it because he wasn't watching the road.

post-530-0-64384400-1430846984_thumb.jpg

I keep reminding myself of the Noel Coward piece about mad dogs and Englishmen out in the midday sun.

Ah, yard work. I'm sure it was quite satisfying. Meanwhile, kudos on your latest outings, looking good as always.

I don't recommend wearing sandals like I wore yesterday. They do fit a little better than they look in the picture.

post-530-0-67701000-1430846983_thumb.jpg

Today, on both feet, the ball of my foot and bottom of my big toe are very sore.  These areas were carrying most of my weight when I walked and there was no give in the shoe.  The areas also took all the torque when I turned my foot.  There weren't comfortable when I had them on but sore feet the day after is really a bummer. 

I found three YouTube videos that caught my eye.

These three caught my eye because the gal (Andrea Lin) doing the presentation is wearing thigh boots with stiletto heels and shorts.  The educational content isn't bad either.

How to walk in heels and look super sexy

Dressing sexy and getting fit

Sexy and classy posture

I did a little work in the garden

post-530-0-36536400-1430932411_thumb.jpg

then headed out to the nail salon have my nails (4 guitar picks) done.  After that I stopped at a Kroger's that is different than the one I normally frequent.

post-530-0-62884100-1430932410_thumb.jpg

I wore a pink lady's shirt, hose, and black leather thigh boots with 5 ¼" stilettos.  I was either wearing a short black shorts or a short corduroy skort.

post-530-0-02447000-1430932410_thumb.jpg

Most of the folks I encountered either ignored me or seemed to accept that a guy was making a statement about what he liked to wear and were willing to go along with it.  I didn't notice one askance look, but I did get a lot of friendly smiles.

I went out to Walgreen's for a prescription wearing a pink lady's shirt, denim shorts and brown pumps with an 1/8" block heels.  post-530-0-30365200-1431007004_thumb.jpg

For me going out without my thigh boots is an adventure.

After I got the prescription,I noticed that there was a display of summer rubbed knit dresses.  I had accumulated a bunch of reward points so i used them and bought two of the dresses in black for $1.50.  The dress can be worn as a short dress

post-530-0-96653000-1431007004_thumb.jpg

or as a sleeveless top. 

post-530-0-59204100-1431007005_thumb.jpg

I really never thought I'd wear a dress like this but I'm going to give it a try.  Any advice would be appreciated.

In the parking lot, there was a guy in this car taking my picture. post-530-0-26496600-1431007006_thumb.jpg

Hey there, TBG! How's things in your neck of the woods? That ribbed dress certainly looks interesting, from the pics you posted, I think it can work well either way, but I like it more as a dress than as a top, accessorizing is important, that said, I think it would look great with your thigh boots.

I don't recommend wearing sandals like I wore yesterday. They do fit a little better than they look in the picture.

Today, on both feet, the ball of my foot and bottom of my big toe are very sore.  These areas were carrying most of my weight when I walked and there was no give in the shoe.  The areas also took all the torque when I turned my foot.  There weren't comfortable when I had them on but sore feet the day after is really a bummer. 

I found three YouTube videos that caught my eye.

These three caught my eye because the gal (Andrea Lin) doing the presentation is wearing thigh boots with stiletto heels and shorts.  The educational content isn't bad either.

How to walk in heels and look super sexy

Dressing sexy and getting fit

Sexy and classy posture

I did a little work in the garden

attachicon.gifGEDC0474.jpg

then headed out to the nail salon have my nails (4 guitar picks) done.  After that I stopped at a Kroger's that is different than the one I normally frequent.

attachicon.gifGEDC0477.jpg

I wore a pink lady's shirt, hose, and black leather thigh boots with 5 ¼" stilettos.  I was either wearing a short black shorts or a short corduroy skort.

attachicon.gifGEDC0472.jpg

Most of the folks I encountered either ignored me or seemed to accept that a guy was making a statement about what he liked to wear and were willing to go along with it.  I didn't notice one askance look, but I did get a lot of friendly smiles.

I went out to Walgreen's for a prescription wearing a pink lady's shirt, denim shorts and brown pumps with an 1/8" block heels.  attachicon.gifGEDC0485.jpg

For me going out without my thigh boots is an adventure.

After I got the prescription,I noticed that there was a display of summer rubbed knit dresses.  I had accumulated a bunch of reward points so i used them and bought two of the dresses in black for $1.50.  The dress can be worn as a short dress

attachicon.gifGEDC0487.jpg

or as a sleeveless top. 

attachicon.gifGEDC0488.jpg

I really never thought I'd wear a dress like this but I'm going to give it a try.  Any advice would be appreciated.

In the parking lot, there was a guy in this car taking my picture. attachicon.gifGEDC0486.jpg

Thanks for posting those YouTube videos Thighbootguy, very informative.  In fact some of her tips I already do when I walk in high heeled boots.  I visit an adult social club for CDs in Chicago, and one of their regulars asks me "How can you wear those things?"  I reply walk heel, toe, heel, toe. Keep your back straight and above all walk with confidence in your heels.

The last time I was at Walgreen's I noticed that they had a long version of the cotton ribbed dress I had previously purchased.  I had a few extra dollars with me so I bought a long black dress.  Today I went to Walgreen's and Kroger's and wore the long black dress with hose and brown pumps with an ⅛" block heel.  I added a wide black belt and a necklace.  It was cool enough to wear my red leather jacket.

post-530-0-37700800-1431452320_thumb.jpg

In Walgreen I picked up a prescription and then went over to the cosmetics counter and asked the lady (who knows me well) if they had another one of these, and indicated the dress, in a large.  The only thing on the rack were extra large.  She didn't know but a manager was walking by and she asked the manager if they had any more of those long dresses like the one I was wearing.  The manager said all they had was on display.  I'll have to try a different Walgreen.

At Kroger, I went after milk and OJ and from what I could tell, I was just another customer.

It really is a departure for me to not be relying on my boots to announce that I'm wearing different clothing.  Normally those boots make such a strong statement that whatever else I wear is ignored/accepted/"too over the top to comment".  Without them I'm just a guy wearing a dress without any of the strong footwear statement to counter it.  This is going to take a little getting used to. 

I have often posted that you should be comfortable with the look you are presenting and that it you aren't, it is immediately obvious to everyone.  This goes hand in hand with the idea that you should be able to see yourself as dressing normally.  I see thigh boots with 5" stilettos an my normal footwear.  I'm still working on seeing a long dress as normal, but I'm getting there.

The above videos have gotten me paying a lot more attention to how I walk.  To my surprise, after all these years wearing 5" heels I was still walking like a guy. :lmao:

JeffB - The irony of you suggesting I should wear thigh boots with an outfit was not lost on me.

I went to the hospital this morning for a blood test.  I was early so there weren't too many people around.  It was cool so I took JeffB's sage advice and wore my black leather thigh boots with 5 ¼" stiletto heels along with a black ribbed cotton short dress and a wide black belt, a denim vest, hose, and a red leather jacket.  I noticed that my boots had become a bit shabby so I cleaned the mud off the heels and applied a good coat of polish.

post-530-0-55994500-1431521855_thumb.jpg

The walk in from the parking lot gave me a hint of how this would go when I met a lady walking toward me and she completely ignored me.  At the door I got a couple of odd looks but I went in anyway and stopped at the registration desk.  The lady checked my insurance and that all the paperwork had been entered by the doctor and we chatted about the weather.  They have just remodeled this area of the hospital so she took me to the outpatient area rather than just directing me there.   I had forgotten how tall I am in 5" heels.  She was probably 5'4" and I towered above her but I still had to walk quickly to keep up with her.

I sat for a few minutes in the outpatient waiting area, remembering, with this short of a dress,  to keep my knees together.  The gal that drew my blood didn't bat an eye at my attire and we chatted about the weather and her daughter's birthday (which was the same as mine).   I had taken my coat off for the test and walked back into the waiting area before putting it back on.  There were two old codgers in the waiting area that gave me a look of total disgust.

post-530-0-26378400-1431521856_thumb.jpg

As I was leaving I commented to the lady at the outpatient desk that the architect that did the remodeling had never work at a station like hers.  She laughed and looked at me quizzingly and I said, "They didn't give you a chair."  That got me an understand nod.

I walked back out to my car in the parking lot and got a few more puzzled looks.

post-530-0-88539300-1431521854_thumb.jpg

Well, I'm sure glad you followed my sage advice. Well done, my friend!